Page 15 of 120 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Empyre "zero" issues revealed:

Avengers is being written by Ewing, F4 by Slott.
    Isn't Thor supposed to have armored sleeves with his current look? I don't think he still wears the helmet, either.

BANNED

AF439AE1-C842-45AD-9A14-CBE905E693A1.jpg

Doctor Strange’s neck confirmed for Empyre!

Preview for Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy #1:
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...galaxy-2020-1/

That first caption - Hulkling, obviously. The second one... they're going to meet the Kree, perhaps? To form the Alliance under Hulkling? And the third part refers to Xandra over in New Mutants.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Anyone else see this as basically Slott's last chance to leave his mark on the Avengers franchise? I know it's both a FF/Avengers event and he had runs with Mighty and Avengers the initative but he's never really had his shot with full selection of the roster. I think it's also likely when Aaron his done with his run the main Avengers book will yet again be given to somebody else ( probably Cates or Ewing) so i truly do feel this his last shot to tell a big Avengers epic.

Fantastic Member

I'd like Slott to write an Avengers book

I'll be shocked if Ewing doesn't wrap up Hulk and take Avengers.

Fantastic Member

Ewing should definitely pilot the Avengers book, but give the Avengers HoX/PoX treatment w/ Ewing writing the main title with rotating cast. Slott, Cates, Spencer, Waid, Zub, Zdarsky and a few others

There definitely needs to be multiple books. Right now the only Avengers ongoings are Avengers itself and Savage Avengers - which is a Conan book in disguise. Too many characters aren't seeing regular use. The line is too small right now. Strikeforce and Agents of Wakanda existing helps, but they're not official Avengers books (Strikeforce is a new IP and AOW is classed as a Black Panther title). Champions was originally an Avengers spin-off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'll be shocked if Ewing doesn't wrap up Hulk and take Avengers.
    He had four books at once a few years ago (Ultimates2, U.S.Avengers, Royals, and Rocket), I think he could do Hulk, Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy, no problem.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-19-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There definitely needs to be multiple books. Right now the only Avengers ongoings are Avengers itself and Savage Avengers - which is a Conan book in disguise. Too many characters aren't seeing regular use. The line is too small right now. Strikeforce and Agents of Wakanda existing helps, but they're not official Avengers books (Strikeforce is a new IP and AOW is classed as a Black Panther title). Champions was originally an Avengers spin-off as well.
    I think at this point I have to conclude that it's Cebulski's policy to have only one Avengers book/team to make sure that they don't eat into each other's sales - Aaron's book has sold decently and part of that is probably because there is no other book that can draw people's attention away, the way Avengers/New Avengers/Uncanny Avengers did.

The fact that Empyre seems to be using Aaron's team instead of characters who aren't on that team but have more connection with the history behind it (Vision, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye among others) seems like an attempt to make sure that there is only one Avengers team at a time.

Which is probably not a bad idea from a sales point of view, disappointing though it is from my point of view.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Once Aaron’s gone, I’d have 3 Avengers themed books, with these creative teams:

Mighty Avengers—flagship written by Ewing, art by Larraz
    Force Works—based on the west coast, written by Zub or Rosenberg, art Schiti.
    New/Young Avengers—trainee team, written by Gage, art by Medina.

Who's the current leader of the Avengers for this mini?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Who's the current leader of the Avengers for this mini?
    Unless something changes between now and then, Black Panther is the current team leader.

channeling multiple avengers books post empire

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Empyre "zero" issues revealed:

Avengers is being written by Ewing, F4 by Slott.
    That's my leader of the Fantastic Four, front and center.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That's my leader of the Fantastic Four, front and center.
    I complain about the horrible treatment wanda and jan gets constantly by marvel but I haven't talked enough about how awesome it's been to see Sue's spotlight since she came back. I do appreciate that