Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    The line-up in Empyre: Avengers has been revealed!

Drop Ka-Zar for Psynapse, Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Valkyrie and/or Lightning and I'd be 200% behind this lineup.

I don't like how Jericho's face is drawn here though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Drop Ka-Zar for Psynapse, Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Valkyrie and/or Lightning and I'd be 200% behind this lineup.

Why does he look like a cat?

BANNED

That is a cool cover and a nice line-up.

I'm going to try and limit the amount of Empyre tie-ins I get but a lot of them are looking hard to say no to.

Ultimate Member

I agree so much. I'd love Lightning or one of the others (although I prefer old-school Brunhilde/Annabelle Rigg/Valkyrie to Jane Foster Valkyrie) in place of Ka-Zar!

Quicksilver's involved, he's just not on this cover.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm surprised that Vision didn't make the team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I'm surprised that Vision didn't make the team.
    He appears in the book as well as Mockingbird

Would've thought Bobbi would be in Invasion of Wakanda instead, as she joined the Agents of Wakanda team in issue 3.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would've thought Bobbi would be in Invasion of Wakanda instead, as she joined the Agents of Wakanda team in issue 3.
    She might be, as Mockingbird only appeared on as a holographic video screen from another location in Zub’s preview for the Avengers tie in on his Twitter. So she might be on the Agents of Wakanda, or on another Avengers team as in the solicit for Empyre Avengers 2 says they fight in New York, Mexico and Savage Land, so there are probably 3 teams of Avengers one with Mockingbird and Vision on them

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Anyone remember this alt-cover for Incoming!? The Masked Raider (or at least the Eternity Mask) was featured heavily in the promotional material for it-- of course Masked Raider had a couple of stories, but it was heavily implied that he (or the mask) would have a pretty sizable role in the leading event from the one-shot. Which we of course now know as Empyre. But so far there's zero mention of the character in all the solicitations, reveals, etc.. So what happened? Was the scope of his involvement greatly reduced or perhaps he's being saved for something else?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post

Anyone remember this alt-cover for Incoming!? The Masked Raider (or at least the Eternity Mask) was featured heavily in the promotional material for it-- of course Masked Raider had a couple of stories, but it was heavily implied that he (or the mask) would have a pretty sizable role in the leading event from the one-shot. Which we of course now know as Empyre. But so far there's zero mention of the character in all the solicitations, reveals, etc.. So what happened? Was the scope of his involvement greatly reduced or perhaps he's being saved for something else?
    I've been wondering that too. It's all a part of Ewing's masterplan, so I'm assuming the Masked Raider/Eternity Mask stuff will be brought back in some relevant way at some point. Maybe they're not saying anything to avoid spoilers.

Incoming started with the Masked Raider saying that the dead man in the locked room "wasn't one of his"
    So it seems he's mostly focused on stopping the Enclave. The Eternity Mask pulled him to discover the body so that it would put the Kree-Skrulls on the radar of Earth's heroes

I doubt Masked Raider will play a role in Empyre. More likely that Ewing is saving him for an upcoming Korvac Saga sequel since that was how Marvel Comics #1000 ended, the Enclave creating Korvac in the near future

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Incoming started with the Masked Raider saying that the dead man in the locked room "wasn't one of his"
    So it seems he's mostly focused on stopping the Enclave. The Eternity Mask pulled him to discover the body so that it would put the Kree-Skrulls on the radar of Earth's heroes

I doubt Masked Raider will play a role in Empyre. More likely that Ewing is saving him for an upcoming Korvac Saga sequel since that was how Marvel Comics #1000 ended, the Enclave creating Korvac in the near future
    Well, Empyre was described as the culmination of various past stories, so I wouldn't rule out the Korvac Saga being one of those stories. Maybe it's unrelated, but I find it weird that they would tease two separate big events by the same writer last year. It just feels more simple if everything's connected.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Zub, Ewing and Waid need to write another Avengers story with Voyager & Challenger following where they left off
    Oh absolutely. No Surrender & No Road Home were great stories. I'd love a third project.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Why does he look like a cat?
    Right? His features aren't right, particularly his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I agree so much. I'd love Lightning or one of the others (although I prefer old-school Brunhilde/Annabelle Rigg/Valkyrie to Jane Foster Valkyrie) in place of Ka-Zar!
    Let's get a New Avengers book going ffs. Aarons flagship Avengers title really isn't for me so I'd love an alternative to read. I kinda love Jane Foster Valkyrie, but I miss Brunhilde too.

Quicksilver's involved, he's just not on this cover.
    I'm aware. I'm going off whats on the cover and this depiction of the line-up.

It looks like the Agents of Wakanda will be split up into (at least) two groups split between the two books (both written by Zub). Ka-Zar, Okoye, and T'Challa are also slated for the Avengers book.