Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

We never got to see the cover for the last issue, did we? I was really looking forward to see what would be the follow up to the Teddy/Billy cover on #5.

Hopefully it's already written. If not for the virus, it would've been solicited already.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I hope Empyer wont be canceled.I read the spotlight of it and im exited for this. Plus the tie-ins looks good

Why would it be cancelled?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Because one of the writers is incapacitated. I think though, if Ewing couldn't continue, they'd probably get Zub to fill in. He's the one writing the Avengers tie-in. No way could Slott do it alone.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

When is Empyer Handbook coming out

I already answered that on the previous page.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    anyone knows when the Marvel Handbook Empyre comes out???

it was delayed to 6th May but I'm not sure if it was moved to 27th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not before July 15th, as it wasn't on the list.

July 29th for the Handbook, Empyre #1 is out on July 15th.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/05/19/ma...art-to-empyre/

Issues 2 and 3 are out on the following two weeks, along with several tie-ins. Will the whole event be weekly?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

July 29th for the Handbook, Empyre #1 is out on July 15th.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/05/19/ma...art-to-empyre/

Issues 2 and 3 are out on the following two weeks, along with several tie-ins. Will the whole event be weekly?
    Most likely. Covid-19 screwed this event over so they're probably gonna rush all the issues out before the end of the year.

If it's weekly, it'd be done by the end of August and therefore not interfere with X of Swords, which starts in September. X-Men has an Empyre tie-in, and can't start it's own event until that's over.

Can we all just agree to skip to July?

Have all the May/June books available, just skip the next month and a half.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If it's weekly, it'd be done by the end of August and therefore not interfere with X of Swords, which starts in September. X-Men has an Empyre tie-in, and can't start it's own event until that's over.
    Did we even have any rumors/news about what Marvel was planning post Empyre for the Marvel Universe? We know the x books have a huge event..

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Empyre going weekly actually makes me kind of happy, since it means we'll be catching up to the event soon. I'm surprised that some of the tie-ins will be published in print, but I'm not complaining. As long as we get those books out, that's all that matters. Emperor Hulkling has a date now!

Yeah, I imagine the decision to make Empyre weekly is partly due to Marvel probably wanting to get it over with before they could start with XoS. Probably wise to not have two big events going on at the same time right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Did we even have any rumors/news about what Marvel was planning post Empyre for the Marvel Universe? We know the x books have a huge event..
    Nope. I imagine any plans they have will mostly affect the cosmic side of the publisher. I'm expecting that to be reflected on Ewing's GOTG title, for instance. Maybe some new cosmic-based titles reflecting a new status quo. I definitely think we'll have a new book with Hulkling, since it was specifically said that they intended to make him more important through this event.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-19-2020 at 11:32 PM.

I thought earlier that we might be seeing a Billy/Teddy book, a Teddy book, or a new Young Avengers ongoing. I hope.

There was also talk about a new British team coming out of Empyre, right?

Cheung also posted a pic of a cover drawing with all the YA on it captioned "Kate and Friends (2020)"
    Last edited by Storm17; 05-19-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Yeah, the British team is called The Union, two issues were solicited. Probably starts in August now.

And based on the art Cheung's been posting, it does look like YA is getting revived. But I wonder if it was meant to tie into Outlawed, the Champions status quo? Because the virus has derailed that series, and it isn't out until at least August unless it's going digital exclusive. YA always had to wait for Empyre to finish because of Hulkling's major role in that event, but would it also need to wait until Champions finishes it's first arc? If so, YA could be delayed a bit.