Page 37 of 120 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Now I REALLY have no excuse not to go back and try to read Celestial Quest again.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well it says online that the books out today will be available next week and that Empyre is still on schedule. Hope prevails!

Amazing Member

Do you have a link to a source? There’s a lot of conflicting “I wish this were true” fake news out there because of the confusion .

Mighty Member

So soon its posable to buy comics online from the new website the new comic hub and that site does the shipping
    Last edited by fin5; 04-01-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Do you have a link to a source? There’s a lot of conflicting “I wish this were true” fake news out there because of the confusion .

ComicHub is going to assist the retailers until Diamond is up and running again. From CBR Front Page In a nutshell, you can buy the physical copy that you will get later and you will go to the ComicHub site to read the digital copy immediately. This starts next week but keep monitoring the updates on sites like CBR's front page for further news

Mighty Member

How much Later does the physical comic comes

After the Coronavirus is defeated.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    After the Coronavirus is defeated.
    Yeah, who knows when the companies doing the printing will be back at work again.

Mighty Member

I read road to Empyre and it was great.I am pumped for Empyre. But i dont know whats going on with comicbooks

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    ComicHub is going to assist the retailers until Diamond is up and running again. From CBR Front Page In a nutshell, you can buy the physical copy that you will get later and you will go to the ComicHub site to read the digital copy immediately. This starts next week but keep monitoring the updates on sites like CBR's front page for further news
    Call me skeptical. I truly hope I’m wrong but based on my experience with ComicHub, albeit limited, I just don’t see this company as being able to execute per the article’s specifications. Here’s what I wrote in another thread...

My LCBS happens to be one of the 100 or so in the US that uses ComicHub. They are out of Australia or New Zealand I think. A few comments...

- I love the concept of having an app to order and keep track of things

- ComicHub’s app is not intuitive at all, however.

- My store has been using them for about 2 years and I still have some of the same issues I’ve had since the beginning. My “next week” listing for example still shows the same small list of stuff from a year + ago.

- In order to make the concept work as described in the article, you would have to PAY through the app. Perhaps my store just doesn’t have this functionality, but it certainly isn’t a feature in my app.

- in the article, they discuss a previews section that can be used for full books. If it exists in my app, I can’t find it. I do have “view” functionality but I’ve only been able to pull up covers, not any additional ages.

- They only have 100 or so US stores. Yes, they are not US based so the may have more scalability than that number suggests, but adding every single US store to their platform in the next 10 days like the article indicates seems VERY unlikely to me, especially since the current app has been flawed so long as is.

Given everything I just highlighted, I don’t see any way that this becomes a practical solution to our current situation. They may be able to build towards something that was described in the article, but I believe it will take YEARS for this particular company to get there. Sorry to be so pessimistic but that’s what I’m seeing based on my experience with this company. The thing is, I think what the article really is the ideal solution for the current crisis. Unfortunately, I just can’t see it as a REALISTIC solution, at least as executed by this company.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Marvel giving away free digital comics - including the Kree-Skrull War!
    https://www.newsarama.com/49685-civi...omixology.html
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Now I REALLY have no excuse not to go back and try to read Celestial Quest again.
    The story where a clone of Thanos teams up with Mantis and her son to defeat an eldritch abomination?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Amazing Member

Resurrecting this thread from the dead. Apparently Empyre Avengers #0 will be available on May 20th. Not sure why Empyre FF #0 is not being released as well since they were supposed to come out together. But some Empyre is better then none Empyre. I wonder what this means for the tie in and if we’ll ever get Lords of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling.

Source from AIPT

Bleeding Cool says the FF issue will also be out. It seems the list Newsarama and AIPT used is incomplete. Even BC's looks wrong though, since Ms. Marvel isn't listed and it looks like all the other April 1st books are.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/than...ay-new-comics/

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bleeding Cool says the FF issue will also be out. It seems the list Newsarama and AIPT used is incomplete. Even BC's looks wrong though, since Ms. Marvel isn't listed and it looks like all the other April 1st books are.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/than...ay-new-comics/
    Black Widow #1 was an April 1st release and it isn't there either. Bleeding Cool had reported that Black Widow was one of the titles that was put on hold; maybe the same happened to Ms. Marvel for some reason? Then again, they also said Deadpool was put on hold and Deadpool #5 is there, so IDK...