Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Astonishing Member

Anyone getting a vaguely spoilers:
    meta ”payback time” from the Avengers failing where an X-team rides to the rescue?

As if someone’s finally remembered that the Avengers were/are/will regarded as the b-list runts of the litter, who hold prominence in large part because of spite, sabotage and other media successes that haven’t translated into sales
    end of spoilers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Anyone getting a vaguely spoilers:
    meta ”payback time” from the Avengers failing where an X-team rides to the rescue?

As if someone’s finally remembered that the Avengers were/are/will regarded as the b-list runts of the litter, who hold prominence in large part because of spite, sabotage and other media successes that haven’t translated into sales
    end of spoilers?
    No, not really that sounds like projection. Abigail Brand straight calls the Avengers the A-list and she goes her own way and is probably now sponsored by Krakoa. I don’t think there’s any meta commentary involved especially since we haven’t seen her team actually come to the rescue. For all we know she kills or kidnaps Hulking and his crew.

It’s a well known fact Ewing has some sort of plan involving the X-books that ties into his wider work in the cosmic side of Marvel. This final scene was just set up, not him indulging in the insecurity of some fans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    No, not really that sounds like projection. Abigail Brand straight calls the Avengers the A-list and she goes her own way and is probably now sponsored by Krakoa. I don’t think there’s any meta commentary involved especially since we haven’t seen her team actually come to the rescue. For all we know she kills or kidnaps Hulking and his crew.

It’s a well known fact Ewing has some sort of plan involving the X-books that ties into his wider work in the cosmic side of Marvel. This final scene was just set up, not him indulging in the insecurity of some fans.
    Your probably right

Ultimate Member

The one person we see on her team clearly seems to be Manifold, who is a mutant, but not usually associated with the X-peeps or Krakoa, so it's possible she's recruiting from other Caterpillar / Secret Avenger types.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The one person we see on her team clearly seems to be Manifold, who is a mutant, but not usually associated with the X-peeps or Krakoa, so it's possible she's recruiting from other Caterpillar / Secret Avenger types.
    Yup, judging by the Xs on Brand’s suit I’d say Krakoa reaches out to her to continue doing extraterrestrial reconnaissance with a team of low-key mutants who you normally wouldn’t expect. Manifold makes sense since in the Black Panther books he recently spent an extended period of time in deep space and is a top tier teleporter. I wonder who else they bring onboard since I’m not that aware of mutants that have operated out of space, outside Cannonball and Sunspot as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    spoilers:

The "First Race" predating the Celestials sounds like the First Firmament's Aspirants who Ewing introduced in his second Ultimates run.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Aspirants/Celestials could be considered zeroth race since they are from before the current universe. I don't think they would fit, considering that human sized power armors.
    end of spoilers

Yup, judging by the Xs on Brand’s suit I’d say Krakoa reaches out to her to continue doing extraterrestrial reconnaissance with a team of low-key mutants who you normally wouldn’t expect. Manifold makes sense since in the Black Panther books he recently spent an extended period of time in deep space and is a top tier teleporter. I wonder who else they bring onboard since I’m not that aware of mutants that have operated out of space, outside Cannonball and Sunspot as of late.
    I don't think that's an X.

Unless I'm mistaken (and I rarely am) that's a new take on the SWORD logo. Consider it:

Old logo

The logo in the book:

True the angle makes it look very Krakoan, but there's definitely a sword there.

I think it's both.
    Note that there is also more generic X design on Brand's chest.

And Manifold's pants.

They are probably X-Sword, Sword of X, or something. Though of course Space-X would be the best name.

Lockheed would be an obvious choice, if he's available. Not sure what he's up to these days.

He's with the Marauders, which makes sense considering who their leader is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Maybe Ultra-Girl will be a part of the team

BANNED

Marvel fixes She-hulk
    Then blame her for the reckoning war and genocide of the recluses

Monkey paw finger curls

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Maybe Ultra-Girl will be a part of the team
    Why Ultra-Girl?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Why Ultra-Girl?
    She’s a mutant Kree

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    She’s a mutant Kree
    I think generally speaking the Sword line up should focus more on aliens than mutants necessarily ... though if you can do both, that works.