Page 113 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'd say it was necessary on his damn wedding issue. We had a little moment with the YA, with the NA(...and with fucking Steve and Tony, I'll seriously be always mad about that), Wanda should have gotten that too.
    I completely agree that we should have had some panel time for both Wanda and Vision with the happy couple. I can't blame Ewing for doing the Steve and Tony scene though--after all, it was an Avengers one-shot, not just an Emperor Hulkling one-shot. They needed to be giving at least some of the current active roster stuff to do there.

Although this was an extra-sized issue, it honestly still needed a higher page count. There was simply too much to include here with the R'Klll backstory exposition, and Hulkling passing sentence on his betrayers, and the flash-forward scene and the groundwork for that, and the reception and all the character interactions there that everyone wants to see. There just wasn't enough room for everything to go the panel time it deserved--and unfortunately it was the reception that took the hit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of everything Ewing and Schiti DID pack into those scenes, both with the spoken interactions and just the background moments in the art--but the reception could have had an entire issue devoted to nothing but it and STILL not have had time for EVERYTHING we'd want to see--not just in terms of Teddy and Billy interacting with their friends and loved ones, but also interactions amongst the various guests with either reunions or first meetings, etc.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

This discussion is why I didn't want Billy and Teddy getting married during an event. Like, don't get me wrong; I still appreciated it for what it was, and I'm thankful Ewing & co took the time to give us that surprise when they didn't have to, BUT at the end of the day, events are busy and have to set up and deal with so many other things, so the development of the actual wedding would never be what we wanted, leaving fans displeased by the lack of something.

My ideal scenario was having the wedding be slowly set up/arranged on a Young Avengers book, that would lead straight to a special, oversized annual/one-shot dedicated exclusively to the wedding and the wedding only. This way we could've gotten plenty of character development and interactions not just in the one-shot itself, but also other issues leading up to it. Kind of like they did with the Kitty/Piotr wedding, but, you know, without the ditching the groom part at the end. LOL

But it is what it is. Now that it's done, all we can hope for is at least some sort of flashback issue in the future that shows us some unseen interactions from the reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I completely agree that we should have had some panel time for both Wanda and Vision with the happy couple. I can't blame Ewing for doing the Steve and Tony scene though--after all, it was an Avengers one-shot, not just an Emperor Hulkling one-shot. They needed to be giving at least some of the current active roster stuff to do there.

Although this was an extra-sized issue, it honestly still needed a higher page count. There was simply too much to include here with the R'Klll backstory exposition, and Hulkling passing sentence on his betrayers, and the flash-forward scene and the groundwork for that, and the reception and all the character interactions there that everyone wants to see. There just wasn't enough room for everything to go the panel time it deserved--and unfortunately it was the reception that took the hit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of everything Ewing and Schiti DID pack into those scenes, both with the spoken interactions and just the background moments in the art--but the reception could have had an entire issue devoted to nothing but it and STILL not have had time for EVERYTHING we'd want to see--not just in terms of Teddy and Billy interacting with their friends and loved ones, but also interactions amongst the various guests with either reunions or first meetings, etc.
    If you are talking of the current Avengers roster Ghost Rider got bugger all panel time.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I just read the special and though it was really nice. I'm glad a lot of Young Avengers fans got something they have been wanting to do for years. Also I thought to many people made a big deal about the Civil War joke Tony made in between him, Cap and Thor. It wasn't the best joke to do right then between them I agree. Glad to hear that they have plans for the Young Avengers coming up. That they won't just be put on the back burner. Out of sight out of mine. Again after the battles and everything it was the perfect way to put a cap on the Avengers side of the event.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-13-2020 at 03:55 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    If you are talking of the current Avengers roster Ghost Rider got bugger all panel time.
    He was at least seen on-panel in the one-shot, which is more than can be said for Blade. But my point wasn't for every single member of the current roster to get equal panel time; that isn't a realistic expectation. I'm just saying that as an "Avengers" one-shot (as opposed to another "Emperor Hulkling" one-shot) the book did need to be giving some attention to the Avengers in general and not just Teddy and Billy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This discussion is why I didn't want Billy and Teddy getting married during an event. Like, don't get me wrong; I still appreciated it for what it was, and I'm thankful Ewing & co took the time to give us that surprise when they didn't have to, BUT at the end of the day, events are busy and have to set up and deal with so many other things, so the development of the actual wedding would never be what we wanted, leaving fans displeased by the lack of something.

My ideal scenario was having the wedding be slowly set up/arranged on a Young Avengers book, that would lead straight to a special, oversized annual/one-shot dedicated exclusively to the wedding and the wedding only. This way we could've gotten plenty of character development and interactions not just in the one-shot itself, but also other issues leading up to it. Kind of like they did with the Kitty/Piotr wedding, but, you know, without the ditching the groom part at the end. LOL

But it is what it is. Now that it's done, all we can hope for is at least some sort of flashback issue in the future that shows us some unseen interactions from the reception.
    I would agree if we didn't have such a toxic fandom.

Also I would not TRUST certain comic book stores to order let alone carry the book. This event ensured that wedding was on shelves.

Me-I would do an OGN that would follow them getting ready, parties and then the event. I would follow that with an OGN for the honey moon.

Honestly, coming out of this event the thing that interests me most is what's going on with Original Nick Fury
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

the only interesting bit was the new x-men team with brand and manifold, but i dont wan't handsome shrek and his pretender boyfriend taking panel time in an x-men book

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

The problem is if Billy and Teddy don't have a monthly on-going (as Strike Force got canceled) then really doing this in an event book is the best they could do. Or jamming it in Avengers... but Aaron seems to want to do his own thing at the moment.

Mighty Member

I thought it was a realy good Event, and the fall out issues of Avengers and Fantastic fore was great .The last page of f f was great.Im glad that they reverted original sin

This really was a good event. The best one we've had in a LONG time.
    The worst parts were the cut tie-ins (I mean we probably would have had better stories with Thor or Black Panther than those pointless Captain America and X-men tie ins), there being a bit too much focus on Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic, and that terrible ending with Brand.
    Last edited by scourge; 09-13-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    The worst parts were the cut tie-ins (I mean we probably would have had better stories with Thor or Black Panther than those pointless Captain America and X-men tie ins), there being a bit too much focus on Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic, and that terrible ending with Brand.
    X-Men wasn't pointless and was part of the Dawn of X checklist, setting up wanda for later use in Hickman's Plans.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

i mean the x-men tie in was for x-men fan's, the cotati were just a foot note so the x-office could call it a "tie in".

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    The Brand ending I believe will be addressed in Web of Venom Empyres End
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the only interesting bit was the new x-men team with brand and manifold, but i dont wan't handsome shrek and his pretender boyfriend taking panel time in an x-men book
    See, this is just unnecessary, coming into a discussion thread to dole out unpleasant monikers to the featured characters that clearly have fans and mean a lot to them.
    Just trying to rile folks up.

Krakoa is not impressed.