Page 115 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I wanted Teddy to be Captain Marvel and share that with Carol, buuuut that's unlikely to happen, so:

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Mr. Marvel?
    It's what I've been saying. It's catchy/commercial enough, and I think it's a good alternative for Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No. That makes him sound like Kamala's legacy character, considering she's also a shapeshifter and the name is so similar to hers.
    Teddy is different enough from Kamala to not create any confusion. And they can always give him more Kree-related powers like his siblings had to make him even more different from her. Design also makes a big difference, and Teddy would certainly have a more cosmic look than Kamala. Plus, Ms. Marvel was already a derivative name, and I don't mean just because of Captain Marvel, but also because the Mister Marvel name actually predates Ms. Marvel in the Marvel Universe. Funnily enough, it predates even the Captain Marvel name! Now I'm not saying Teddy should be honoring the random thug who used this name once, but... there's a precedent, it's all I'm saying.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-14-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Some names for Teddy (some of these may be taken, I'm not omniscient, also I don't really mind Hulkling)

Marvel Rex, or just Rex
    Imperator
    Sovereign
    Majestic
    Marvelous
    Scion
    Mr. Marvel?
    I enjoy Sovereign and Scion.
    I also find it charming-- this notion that down the line only his teammates/friends from his Young Avenger days affectionately call him Hulkling.

Kate: Hey there King Hulkling
    Teddy: Hulkling? heh. Haven't been called THAT since my Earth days running around with you guys.
    Cassie: You'll always be our Hulkling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i mean the x-men tie in was for x-men fan's, the cotati were just a foot note so the x-office could call it a "tie in".
    Time to lay off the Krakoa pipe for a bit.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Time to lay off the Krakoa pipe for a bit.
    Never nuh uh no maam

Looks like one cancelled tie-in will see the light of day after all. They just had to redraw the villains.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-black-tie-in/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Looks like one cancelled tie-in will see the light of day after all. They just had to redraw the villains.
    Maybe they will try that with the Invasion of Wakanda empyre tie in. Just redraw the trees as symbiotes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Maybe they will try that with the Invasion of Wakanda empyre tie in. Just redraw the trees as symbiotes.
    Considering the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda gave Black Panther his own symbiote problem . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

OMG, that's great news! I was really looking forward to this team! I always thought this book was never going to be that relevant to the Empyre event itself, and it seems like I was right, considering they could just easily switch the event tie-in like that and keep the same premise. I think the Cotati threat was probably just a backdrop to a more self-contained story.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-for-december/
    I am surprised that they even pretend it's not obvious to anyone interested what it is. What are bets on the name? X-Sword? Space-X? Starcoppers?

SWORD, with the logo stylised as SW(X)RD - the X-Men X inside the O like in Wolverine's logo?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Probbably, i wonder what mutants besides brand and manifold, i hope for monet st croix to be a part of the team.

Probbably, i wonder what mutants besides brand and manifold, i hope for monet st croix to be a part of the team.
    This is probably random but I would love to see Blink! She'd be perfect for space travel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This is probably random but I would love to see Blink! She'd be perfect for space travel.
    yeah but normally two teleporters is an overkill, but id love to see her back in some form too!

Here's your answer.

Looks like I was right about Teddy not being a part of this team, after all. Unless he is the blonde guy on the left... but I don't think he is.

Anyway, this line-up is pretty much what I'd expect from Ewing. Lord knows he would be the one to bring Wiz Kid back.

Also, the X-office really needs to get their **** together when it comes to coloring black/brown characters. Manifold looks literally white on that cover.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-22-2020 at 05:43 PM.