Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think they left the ones that Iron Man EMPd in Empyre #1.
    O_o

So, Captain America's plan is to evacuate, allegedly, the planet, to a bunch of dead, non-usable Kree-Skrull ships?

I don't think the writers thought this out. Either whoever decided the Kree Skrull were going to leave behind a huge amount of very expensive starships or the idea that Earth's population was going to evac to them.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Question for someone who read some of the additional books in Empyre. Was Man Thing in any of them? Since he is a plant creature, I might have expected him to have been used in any of the one shots.

And shame on the writers. Sonics was useful as a weapon and we didn't think to make Songbird an intregral character. I know people would like her to be an Avenger, this could have been the start of it. She also could have been used in a one shot off of the main book.

Thanks.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Question for someone who read some of the additional books in Empyre. Was Man Thing in any of them? Since he is a plant creature, I might have expected him to have been used in any of the one shots.
    Yes, Man-Thing was in the EMPYRE: AVENGERS miniseries.

And shame on the writers. Sonics was useful as a weapon and we didn't think to make Songbird an intregral character. I know people would like her to be an Avenger, this could have been the start of it. She also could have been used in a one shot off of the main book.
    Although we didn't see her in action during the invasion, she was seen during the event as one of the guests at Wiccan and Hulkling's wedding reception as one of their former New Avengers teammates.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

We need more Captains Glory and Atlas in our Marvel books. Maybe have one, plus Minerva, join the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Thanks.
    She's already been an Avenger, Ewing's New Avengers four years ago.

There's a True Believers Thunderbolts reprint coming related to King in Black, so Songbird should appear in that event. Her powers would definitely be powerful against symbiotes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, Man-Thing was in the EMPYRE: AVENGERS miniseries.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

There's a True Believers Thunderbolts reprint coming related to King in Black, so Songbird should appear in that event. Her powers would definitely be powerful against symbiotes.
    That's right, I forgot about that one. Thanks.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wouldn’t mind Songbird rejoining an Avengers team. Aaron’s run needs a roster shake-up soon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I thought that team didn't count as an official Avengers team, because they were mentioned as unofficial and unsanctioned Avengers team which Sunspot led in the Handbook and none of the members from New and US were listed as former or reserve members, unless they served before Time Runs Out when they were split into three groups, and Roberto's wasn't official pre or post Secret Wars which is a shame, I found him leading the Avengers super interesting. He should lead the Avengers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wouldn’t mind Songbird rejoining an Avengers team. Aaron’s run needs a roster shake-up soon.
    Avengers in general could use a shakeup. It’s kinda funny to me that they chose to upgrade the Avenger’s base of operations to a Celestial and have Wakanda backing them just as they downsize the franchise to just 1 small team.
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I thought that team didn't count as an official Avengers team, because they were mentioned as unofficial and unsanctioned Avengers team which Sunspot led in the Handbook and none of the members from New and US were listed as former or reserve members, unless they served before Time Runs Out when they were split into three groups, and Roberto's wasn't official pre or post Secret Wars which is a shame, I found him leading the Avengers super interesting. He should lead the Avengers again.
    Given that the members who served on the USAvengers were also included in the rebuilt statue at Avengers Mansion, I’d say that Roberto’s teams still count and are acknowledged within the universe as Avengers.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 10-12-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Its a bit unclear, really. The Handbook specifically listed a bunch of groups that are not officially Avengers teams, such as A-Force, "Occupy Avengers", "Savage Avengers", and Kate Bishop's WCA, etc, but Sunspot's New Avengers and U.S.Avengers was not included in that list.

The summary of Avengers activities did mention that Sunspot's teams were unsanctioned...however the "No Surrender" storyline did officially count Squirrel Girl, Toni Ho and Enigma at least as Avengers. They were all overlooked on the list of inactive members though.

My feeling on it is that if we had another story like AVENGERS vol.3 #1 where the team reached out to all its former members, Songbird and the rest of that team would be included in the call.

Yeah, the only one who probably wouldn't show up is Red Hulk, since he's been depowered (they've since brought back the original Red Hulk).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    My feeling on it is that if we had another story like AVENGERS vol.3 #1 where the team reached out to all its former members, Songbird and the rest of that team would be included in the call.
    Songbird perhaps even more than Squirrel Girl and Toni Ho, in that Cap, Hawkeye, Wasp, etc. might actually remember her being an Avenger in Avengers Forever.

Or they might not. Timey-wimey stuff hurts my noggin.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    When was the last time captain america, iron man, and thor, and hulk, were all good at the same time, how are we going to do that for all four of them plus carol and t'challa,
    Hm...it's been awhile. A lot of that is that Iron Man has so few good runs.

Marvel Now Era you had Rick Remender's Cap, Gillen's Iron Man, Aaron's Thor, Waid's Hulk. Gillen and Waid did not amaze on those books.

During Brubaker's Captain America you had some overlap with Greg Pak's Hulk, JMS' Thor, and Matt Fraction's Iron Man. That's probably the answer for the last time all four books were really solid.

Toni's currently working with Captain America, so there's no excuse for Steve forgetting her.

Spectacular Member

So did people like Empyre in the end? Certainly a lot of momentum was broken because of Covid-19 but now that it is all done and put away, what did people think of the event?