Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Cover to issue 1:

X-Men #10 is also tying in.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/01...athan-hickman/

Jim Cheung in the house! Even though the book is clearly using the current Avengers line-up for the event, I do hope we get to see some other Avengers characters showing up. It was nice seeing Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision on those other teasers/variant covers.

I'm a little surprised that X-Men is tying in, as I really thought Hickman was just going to be doing his own thing until he decided to come up with an event of his own.

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-spider...c-four-empyre/

FANTASTIC FOUR #21

Written by DAN SLOTT
    Illustrated by SEAN IZAAKSE
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!
    Does this... spoil the outcome of the X-Men/Fantastic Four mini? 'Cause Franklin being with Valeria and Spidey clearly shows he's still with the F4, but then again, Wolverine's presence on the team makes you wonder if there was some sort of agreement between the F4 and the X-Men. Maybe he decided not to go to Krakoa, but a mutant will be keeping a close eye on him? Maybe he decided to split his time between both?
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-15-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Franklin was never going to make a dramatic status quo shift in a separate title written by neither of the franchise's lead writers. He'll stay with the FF for Slott's plans but the mini will lay some, likely amicable, foundation for Hickman's idea for him down the road.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Jim Cheung in the house! Even though the book is clearly using the current Avengers line-up for the event, I do hope we get to see some other Avengers characters showing up. It was nice seeing Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision on those other teasers/variant covers.
    Both Ewing and Aaron said on Twitter a few months back (when they already knew of this event) that Wanda didn't figure into their future plans, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Franklin was never going to make a dramatic status quo shift in a separate title written by neither of the franchise's lead writers. He'll stay with the FF for Slott's plans but the mini will lay some, likely amicable, foundation for Hickman's idea for him down the road.
    Not to mention dealing with Outlawed.

Cover to issue 1:

The cover reminded me that Jen falls under both the Avengers and Fantastic Four, which is nice.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The cover reminded me that Jen falls under both the Avengers and Fantastic Four, which is nice.
    Well the original FF have all been Avengers too, which for me undermined a bit what makes both teams distinct.

I wonder if Lyja (I know you hate her Crimz) and Jazinda (Jen's former Skrull partner) will show up.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Lyja should, because the Future Foundation need to return before the Power Pack mini, and she happens to be with them.

That team lineup on that Empyre #1 cover doesn't make sense. Iron Man is out of commission due to Iron Man 2020, and Ghost Rider should be grounded due to Outlawed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wonder if Wiccan will turn up to talk sense into his boyfriend.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Incredible Member

Double post
    Last edited by classicgmer; 01-15-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Probably so unfortunately. Imho one Young Avenger already is one too many to be featured in any book i happen to read but it's pretty likely Wiccan will turn up at some point during the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well the original FF have all been Avengers too, which for me undermined a bit what makes both teams distinct.

I wonder if Lyja (I know you hate her Crimz) and Jazinda (Jen's former Skrull partner) will show up.
    In only dislike her because Marvel tries to make me forgive her without the character actually apologizing for what they've done. It's false redemption as she's never actually apologized for all she's done to Johnny and hasn't deserved redemption. I'd be fine with her if they treated her like the villain she is. Until then I hope she stays away from him becasue they will only try and downplay what she's done.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Maybe at the very end of the event

If Incoming is any indication, Billy has a general idea that its dangerous but he trusts Teddy.

Teddy: "A lot of people are gonna die if I don't do this, Billy. A lot of people have died. I have to do this."
    Billy: "I know. I know you do. I wouldn't love you the same if you didn't do it."

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Some new minis that tie-tin have been revealed.

Synopsis:

With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?
    Writer: Jim Zub
    Artist: Carlos Magno