Variant Cover by DAVID FINCH
    Variant Cover by TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    PARTY VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    PREMIERE VARIANT COVER BY JIM CHEUNG
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    2–PACK ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    BLANK VARIANT COVER AND SKRULL GREEN VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE

• The Kree and the Skrulls have united under a new emperor – and their war fleet is on a collision course for our world.
    • On the moon, the Avengers are ready to strike with the full power of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Approaching from outer space, the Fantastic Four are seeking a diplomatic solution.
    • If the two teams can’t work together to save the day, things can only get worse...
    56 pGs./Rated T+...$5.99

EMPYRE #2 (of 6)
    AL EWING & DAN SLOTT (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A) • Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Avengers Variant Cover by Alexander Lozano
    Fantastic Four Variant Cover by Michael Cho
    Kree/Skrull Variant Cover by Tony Daniel
    Variant Cover by TBA
    2-PACK ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    • Three Avengers are trapped on the moon as war breaks out on Earth - and an ancient enemy reveals a scheme decades in the making!
    • Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four fight against a creeping horror that might destroy them all - starting with the Thing!
    • Captain Marvel is their last, best hope... But if Carol Danvers survives, what will she become?
    40 PGS/Rated T+….$4.99

EMPYRE - MARVEL GRAPHIC COMIC BOXES (BUNDLE OF 5)
    Welcome to the Marvel Age of Comic Boxes! Store your treasured collection in sturdy surroundings every bit as exciting as the issues inside! Featuring action-packed illustrations on all sides from some of comics’ finest artists, Marvel’s Graphic Comic Boxes will star all your Marvel Universe favorites - continuing with EMPYRE! Preserve your comic collection with Marvel Graphic Comic Boxes! Inside dimensions: 15-1/2” x 7-5/8” x 10-7/8”.
    Diamond code: JAN201088
    UPC: 5960608660-02311

EMPYRE #0: AVENGERS
    AL EWING (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A) • Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    VARIANT COVER PEPE LARRAZ
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Tony Stark wakes from strange dreams – as old allies make a distress call to the Avengers. In the new Green Area of the Moon, the Cotati are waiting with news of a terrible enemy that could wipe out both them and humanity itself. The Celestial Messiah has returned... but are the Avengers ready to hear his message?
    40 PGS./One–Shot/Rated T+ …$4.99

EMPYRE #0: FANTASTIC FOUR
    DAN SLOTT (W) • R.B. SILVA (A) • Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    VARIANT COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    “The Last of the Kree/Skrull Warriors” – a pivotal issue, not just for EMPYRE, but for the future of the FF!
    In the most unlikely of places, the Fantastic Four witness the final conflict of the Kree/Skrull War... and the fate of these final warriors will mark a stunning change in the lives of Marvel’s First Family for years to come.
    All this, and the introduction of a long hidden Elder of the Universe... the Profiteer! Witness the first appearance of this new, major player in the cosmos!

EMPYRE: SPIDER–MAN #1 (of 3)
    TARAN KILLAM (W) • DIEGO OLORTEGUI (A) • Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Spider–Man has the best rogues’ gallery in comics with the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Kraven, Venom, Carnage and recent additions like Red Goblin, Itsy Bitsy and Kindred.
    • But there’s another archenemy of Spider–Man who’s been hiding in plain sight, and only the actions of the Kree/Skrull have brought him to the fore of Spider–Man’s story AND Marvel’s big 2020 event!
    32 pages/Rated T …$3.99

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1 (of 3)
    Jim Zub (W) • Carlos Magno (A) • COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?
    32 pages/Rated T …$3.99

LORDS OF EMPYRE: EMPEROR HULKLING #1
    CHIP ZDARSKY & ANTHONY OLIVEIRA (W) • Manuel Garcia (A) • COVER BY PAT GLEASON
    VARIANT Cover by Luciano Vecchio
    VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL
    VARIANT COVER BY JEFF DEKAL
    DESTINY FULFILLED!
    The child of the Kree hero Mar-Vell and Skrull Princess Anelle, Dorrek VIII — known on Earth as “Teddy” — has spent years evading the clutches of both bloodthirsty empires. But now fate has caught up to him. The Kree and Skrull worlds are aligned — and only a man born of both can lead them. But what has led Hulkling to abandon Earth and the Avengers he’s fought beside? And what will become of his fiancé, the hero Wiccan? Star writers Chip Zdarsky and Anthony Oliveira team up with artist Manual Garcia for a can’t-miss one-shot!
    40 pages/ONE–SHOT/ Rated T+ …$4.99

EMPYRE HANDBOOK #1
    VARIOUS (W) • VARIOUS (A) • Cover by RON LIM
    Multiple races across the universe are pulled into a major conflict when EMPYRE hits! The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe helps keep the participants straight with updates of the major players in this star-spanning war: The Avengers! The Fantastic Four! Captain Marvel (Danvers)! The Skrulls! The Kree! Hulkling! Plus: All-new profiles of Kree members Bel-Dann, Captain Glory (Gla-Ree) and Tanalth, Skrull member Raksor, and the Cotati Swordsman! Also featuring the mysterious, never-before profiled Blue Area of Earth’s Moon!
    48 pages/ONE–SHOT/ Rated T+ …$4.99

X–MEN #10
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • Leinil Francis Yu (A/C)
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY Ryan Brown
    EMPYRE VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CONFRONTATION VARIANT BY PATCH ZIRCHER
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    The Summers family has grown a Krakoan home on the moon. Now some new neighbors have moved in.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    DAN SLOTT (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A) • Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Mjolnir? I don't know her. In this house, we only stan Ms. Excelsior!

BANNED

I'm beyond excited for Empyre and my King Teddy.

They've not been mentioned yet, but do y'all think the Inhumans will play any part in this war? I wonder if Minn-Erva or Xavin will show up at all. I really wanna get all those prominent Kree & Skrull associated characters in play.

Would Xavin even still be alive? They'd have been pretty angry when they discovered she wasn't Karolina Dean. Also, Runaways doesn't appear to be tying in, and if Xavin did show up that's where I'd expect it to happen.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just LOOK at TEDDY--- BLOCKING MJOLNIR(!!!!) with EXCELSIOR(!!!!!)

I. Am. Aroused.
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-24-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would Xavin even still be alive? They'd have been pretty angry when they discovered she wasn't Karolina Dean.
    That's always been my issue when people keep asking when Xavin is going to come back. The Majesdanians who took her, thinking she was Karolina, had intended to execute her. Xavin's departure was written as a final goodbye.

I know the general rule of thumb is "no body, no death" (which has always been a bit naive for comics anyway--since there are so many methods of death that would not leave a body, and so many cases where deaths that have been confirmed with a body have been undone through resurrections or other tricks), but in this case there is logical reason to suspect Xavin suffered an off-panel death...and no compelling reason to think s/he is alive.

Don't get me wrong -- I'd be happy for Xavin to turn up alive, but I don't think people should be taking it for granted that s/he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That's always been my issue when people keep asking when Xavin is going to come back. The Majesdanians who took her, thinking she was Karolina, had intended to execute her. Xavin's departure was written as a final goodbye.

I know the general rule of thumb is "no body, no death" (which has always been a bit naive for comics anyway--since there are so many methods of death that would not leave a body, and so many cases where deaths that have been confirmed with a body have been undone through resurrections or other tricks), but in this case there is logical reason to suspect Xavin suffered an off-panel death...and no compelling reason to think s/he is alive.

Don't get me wrong -- I'd be happy for Xavin to turn up alive, but I don't think people should be taking it for granted that s/he is.
    I don't know, Xavin could have snuck away and gone into hiding. I'd like to think they didn't just die without some kind of fight or plan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I don't know, Xavin could have snuck away and gone into hiding. I'd like to think they didn't just die without some kind of fight or plan.
    The problem with the "Xavin snuck away and escaped" notion though is that wouldn't it just lead to those Majesdanians coming right back to Earth and coming after Karolina again? It would undo the point of Xavin's sacrifice and put Karolina right back into the same danger she was before. The only way I can see that working is if Xavin has continued to fool them into thinking she's Karolina this whole time, and has been leading them on a wild goose chase away from Earth.

A better case scenario may be that Xavin convinced them to not execute her, and instead they sentenced "Karolina" to prison somewhere. Xavin would at least be alive that way...although still not readily available to return.

Even prison is no-go. Wouldn't they put a power dampener collar on her? That would force her back to her natural form, exposing her as an imposter.

Amazing Member

It looks like The Thing says something Teddy didn’t like, maybe something about Billy or Civil War, or it ties in with the threat mentioned in the #2 solicitation. But stopping Mjolnir with Excelsior is possibly the most kickass thing ever.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm beyond excited for Empyre and my King Teddy.

They've not been mentioned yet, but do y'all think the Inhumans will play any part in this war? I wonder if Minn-Erva or Xavin will show up at all. I really wanna get all those prominent Kree & Skrull associated characters in play.
    I hope they use as many Kree and Skrulls characters as possible in this event. I really want them to be the stars of this. I mean, Ewing brought Raksor and Bel-Dann back, for goodness' sake. I'm sure he can find a use to other characters.

Would Xavin even still be alive? They'd have been pretty angry when they discovered she wasn't Karolina Dean. Also, Runaways doesn't appear to be tying in, and if Xavin did show up that's where I'd expect it to happen.
    I don't think the current Runaways book is in any rush to bring Xavin back, so... I imagine Ewing would probably have the creative liberty to bring the character back and use them in his story if he wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Are you sure about this? I remember that the Light Brigade wanted Karolina so she would face trial for the crime of her parents, but I don't recall them specifically saying they would execute her. When someone asked Rainbow Rowell about Xavin's whereabouts on Twitter, she replied that they were still supposedly with the Majesdanians, not to mention the numerous times Kris Anka said he wanted to draw the character while he was working on the title, so I'm assuming the general perception over at Marvel is that it's entirely possible that the character is still alive.

Not that death is a problem for Marvel, anyway. These days they bring characters back from the dead without any explanation as to how they came back in the first place, so to bring back a character who was never established to be dead is even less of a big deal.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-24-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I hope they use as many Kree and Skrulls characters as possible in this event. I really want them to be the stars of this. I mean, Ewing brought Raksor and Bel-Dann back, for goodness' sake. I'm sure he can find a use to other characters.
    I wonder if he’s gonna use Hala the Accuser, Va-Sohn (Starbrand) or Joras-Kyl (Cipher)

Preview of issue 1.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48730-empy...-avengers.html

Solicits:

EMPYRE #1 (of 6)
    Avengers Variant Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    Fantastic Four Variant Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    Kree/Skrull Variant Cover by TONY DANIEL
    Variant Cover by DAVID FINCH
    Variant Cover by TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    PARTY VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    PREMIERE VARIANT COVER BY JIM CHEUNG
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    BLANK VARIANT COVER AND SKRULL GREEN VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE

• The Kree and the Skrulls have united under a new emperor – and their war fleet is on a collision course for our world.
    • On the moon, the Avengers are ready to strike with the full power of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Approaching from outer space, the Fantastic Four are seeking a diplomatic solution.
    • If the two teams can’t work together to save the day, things can only get worse...
    56 pGs./Rated T+...$5.99

EMPYRE #2 (of 6)
    Avengers Variant Cover by Alexander Lozano
    Fantastic Four Variant Cover by Michael Cho
    Kree/Skrull Variant Cover by Tony Daniel
    Variant Cover by TBA
    2-PACK ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    • Three Avengers are trapped on the moon as war breaks out on Earth - and an ancient enemy reveals a scheme decades in the making!
    • Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four fight against a creeping horror that might destroy them all - starting with the Thing!
    • Captain Marvel is their last, best hope... But if Carol Danvers survives, what will she become?
    40 PGS/Rated T+….$4.99

EMPYRE - MARVEL GRAPHIC COMIC BOXES (BUNDLE OF 5)
    Welcome to the Marvel Age of Comic Boxes! Store your treasured collection in sturdy surroundings every bit as exciting as the issues inside! Featuring action-packed illustrations on all sides from some of comics’ finest artists, Marvel’s Graphic Comic Boxes will star all your Marvel Universe favorites - continuing with EMPYRE! Preserve your comic collection with Marvel Graphic Comic Boxes! Inside dimensions: 15-1/2” x 7-5/8” x 10-7/8”.
    Diamond code: JAN201088
    UPC: 5960608660-02311

EMPYRE #0: AVENGERS
    AL EWING (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A) • Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    VARIANT COVER PEPE LARRAZ
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Tony Stark wakes from strange dreams – as old allies make a distress call to the Avengers. In the new Green Area of the Moon, the Cotati are waiting with news of a terrible enemy that could wipe out both them and humanity itself. The Celestial Messiah has returned... but are the Avengers ready to hear his message?

EMPYRE #0: FANTASTIC FOUR
    DAN SLOTT (W) • R.B. SILVA (A) • Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    VARIANT COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    “The Last of the Kree/Skrull Warriors” – a pivotal issue, not just for EMPYRE, but for the future of the FF!
    In the most unlikely of places, the Fantastic Four witness the final conflict of the Kree/Skrull War... and the fate of these final warriors will mark a stunning change in the lives of Marvel’s First Family for years to come.
    All this, and the introduction of a long hidden Elder of the Universe... the Profiteer! Witness the first appearance of this new, major player in the cosmos!

EMPYRE: SPIDER–MAN #1 (of 3)
    TARAN KILLAM (W) • DIEGO OLORTEGUI (A) • Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Spider–Man has the best rogues’ gallery in comics with the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Kraven, Venom, Carnage and recent additions like Red Goblin, Itsy Bitsy and Kindred.
    • But there’s another archenemy of Spider–Man who’s been hiding in plain sight, and only the actions of the Kree/Skrull have brought him to the fore of Spider–Man’s story AND Marvel’s big 2020 event!
    32 pages/Rated T …$3.99

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1 (of 3)
    Jim Zub (W) • Carlos Magno (A) • COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?
    32 pages/Rated T …$3.99

LORDS OF EMPYRE: EMPEROR HULKLING #1
    CHIP ZDARSKY & ANTHONY OLIVEIRA (W) • Manuel Garcia (A) • COVER BY PAT GLEASON
    VARIANT Cover by Luciano Vecchio
    VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL
    VARIANT COVER BY JEFF DEKAL
    DESTINY FULFILLED!
    The child of the Kree hero Mar-Vell and Skrull Princess Anelle, Dorrek VIII — known on Earth as “Teddy” — has spent years evading the clutches of both bloodthirsty empires. But now fate has caught up to him. The Kree and Skrull worlds are aligned — and only a man born of both can lead them. But what has led Hulkling to abandon Earth and the Avengers he’s fought beside? And what will become of his fiancé, the hero Wiccan? Star writers Chip Zdarsky and Anthony Oliveira team up with artist Manual Garcia for a can’t-miss one-shot!
    40 pages/ONE–SHOT/ Rated T+ …$4.99

EMPYRE HANDBOOK #1
    VARIOUS (W) • VARIOUS (A) • Cover by RON LIM
    Multiple races across the universe are pulled into a major conflict when EMPYRE hits! The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe helps keep the participants straight with updates of the major players in this star-spanning war: The Avengers! The Fantastic Four! Captain Marvel (Danvers)! The Skrulls! The Kree! Hulkling! Plus: All-new profiles of Kree members Bel-Dann, Captain Glory (Gla-Ree) and Tanalth, Skrull member Raksor, and the Cotati Swordsman! Also featuring the mysterious, never-before profiled Blue Area of Earth’s Moon!
    48 pages/ONE–SHOT/ Rated T+ …$4.99

X–MEN #10
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • Leinil Francis Yu (A/C)
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY Ryan Brown
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    The Summers family has grown a Krakoan home on the moon. Now some new neighbors have moved in.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    DAN SLOTT (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A) • Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    I'm really excited for this event. For the first time in a while. I'll be getting: Empyre #1 and #2, Empire #0 Avengers and Empyre Handbook #1.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I wonder if he’s gonna use Hala the Accuser, Va-Sohn (Starbrand) or Joras-Kyl (Cipher)
    If Va-Sohn was the Starbrand, he'll have been killed some time before Hickman's Avengers run.

If Va-Sohn was the Starbrand, he'll have been killed some time before Hickman's Avengers run.
    Va-Sohn is the female Kree Starbrand from that bad Starbrand/Nightmask ANAD book.