Page 20 of 120 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Fantastic Member

I’m hoping to see Cassie, Eli, America, Kate, and Teddy & Billy’s robotic roommate Death’s Head V in this
    Wonder is Swordswoman (Swordsman’s daughter will appear in this and react to seeing her the plant version of her dad)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And wasn't that the major pitfall of Jonathan Hickman's Illuminati/New Avengers, that the (not-so-)good guys were rationalizing decisions to consciously annihilate entire universes full of billions upon billions of innocent lives to save their own universe, or later on in Time Runs Out, the entire world rationalizing throwing Wakanda to the wolves in the form of Thanos and his Cabal to preserve itself for as long as possible? I could also mention Secret Empire, which seemed to want us to, on some level, still sympathize with HYDRA-Cap even when he was letting the rest of the HYDRA High Council murder entire cities full of innocent people just so he wouldn't "look soft" on those still fighting against HYDRA's reign.
    Hahahahahhhaha, those are some strong points that I never really thought about when you consider that way. Edit, where the hell is mention of Eli in all this or are we really supposed to forget that the brother was part of the OG Young Avengers...?
    Last edited by dkrook; 02-12-2020 at 10:59 AM.

This little **** got his own book? And now he's a little hot? What?!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, although I am not convinced he'll stay dead. We've seen vaporized Starbrand wielders reform themselves before, after all. Granted, the fact that the Starbrand has apparently moved on to a new host doesn't necessarily bode well for him...but it could still happen. Maybe it restored him and then moved to a new host. Or maybe Nightmask will restore him somehow.

Not that Kevin is a fan favourite character that many people will be clamoring to see return, of course. I just think he deserved better than that, and I had developed a certain fondness for him in the short lived STARBRAND & NIGHTMASK book. It was a shame it ended so quickly, because I think it had a lot of potential--and it was finally letting Kevin and Adam become characters rather than the walking power set ciphers that Hickman left them as for most of his run with them.
    The book had hella issues but I liked the pairing. Nightmask had lots of potential. I think that the writer's premise was too far from what they should have handling. The two of them were cosmic heavyweights, I don't think they should have been involved with high school hijinks!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Now hear me out.

Jack of Hearts.
    Yeah, agreed. I'd love to see this character again, although I'm not sure most of Marvel editorial even realizes he's back in the land of the living since Marvel Zombies Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm sorry, I really am excited for this event, but I am still kostly in it for seeing Teddy try and explain all of this to Billy and failing miserably.
    Honestly I think if it came down to Teddy and the earth he'd pick Teddy so while he'll be questioning of the whole thing I doubt he'll be all that bothered when the F4 and Avengers come knocking at his door looking like their ready to rumble. Hell maybe Billy already knows what's going on. In Incoming Teddy was like "I have to do this" and B was just like "I Know" so he has to know something.

Is it wrong that I kinda hope that this event ends with Hulkling and Quoi having a political marriage to end the conflict and bring peace to all four species?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Is it wrong that I kinda hope that this event ends with Hulkling and Quoi having a political marriage to end the conflict and bring peace to all four species?
    The Demiurge will never allow such a thing to happen as long as he draws breath.

If such a thing were to happen we'd probably end up with, "No More Cotati" and no one want's that because Billy is a **** up and we'll probably end wiping out some other race aswell.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-12-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Demiurge will never allow such a thing to happen as long as he draws breath.
    Demiurge can't even cast three spells in a row without needing to recharge, he's not exactly potent

Demiurge can't even cast three spells in a row without needing to recharge, he's not exactly potent
    That's Tini's bad writing, Billy by Ewing slays with 5 words or less.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I think if it came down to Teddy and the earth he'd pick Teddy so while he'll be questioning of the whole thing I doubt he'll be all that bothered when the F4 and Avengers come knocking at his door looking like their ready to rumble. Hell maybe Billy already knows what's going on. In Incoming Teddy was like "I have to do this" and B was just like "I Know" so he has to know something.
    I was sort of confused there. Did Billy know or was that mpre of a general thing of support?

They kinda already did that scenario recently with Karnilla and Hella in Thor.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    They kinda already did that scenario recently with Karnilla and Hella in Thor.
    Yeah but think about it that's basically how the Kree-Skrull War ended with Teddy taking over both. And now they're getting into a conflict with both the Cotati and Earth.

Yeah but think about it that's basically how the Kree-Skrull War ended with Teddy taking over both. And now they're getting into a conflict with both the Cotati and Earth.
    Okay Demiurge **** aside in all seriousness do you really see either Billy or Teddy going for a political marriage? Just due to how they are I don't see either of them agreeing to such a thing, they both value eachother more than anything including the earth, kree and skrulls. It would never happen.

Okay Demiurge **** aside in all seriousness do you really see either Billy or Teddy going for a political marriage? Just due to how they are I don't see either of them agreeing to such a thing, they both value eachother more than anything including the earth, kree and skrulls. It would never happen.
    I don't see it being permanent, but like Crystal and Ronan's political marriage it could offer an interesting storyline with a lot of conflict

Also their whole bit in Incoming! was Billy and Teddy coming to terms with the fact that their individual duties and destinies were, for now, keeping them apart. Teddy literally had to leave Billy to become Emperor