Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

All I'm hoping is that Billy and Teddy are happy. Is that too much to ask for???

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Is it wrong that I kinda hope that this event ends with Hulkling and Quoi having a political marriage to end the conflict and bring peace to all four species?
    Kinda wrong, yeah.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    All I'm hoping is that Billy and Teddy are happy. Is that too much to ask for???
    Yes and you know it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yes and you know it is.
    Sadly, I think you may be right. But one can dream!

Overall, Empyre looks like it could be a great event.

BANNED

Looks like Mantis may make an appearance in this event... https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ial-messiah-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    What if they’re both happy, but not with each other?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is it wrong that I kinda hope that this event ends with Hulkling and Quoi having a political marriage to end the conflict and bring peace to all four species?
    If they're going to marry, please don't shackle them with a burden like this. I'd feel better about it if they were the last surviving members of their respective tribes and married for love and to somehow perpetuate the species so to speak. The other way, you're bound to end up with a marriage that is more fleeting than the peace that they had hoped to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    They've gotta be together. They wouldn't be happy apart. They're the best couple in the MU. Idk what I'd do if they separated lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What the hell is the point, then?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So I was right that Lords Of Empyre was going to be a series of one-shots. I wonder if we gonna get more ''Lords'' getting their own one-shot and who they may be.

Anyway, Quoi getting his own book is kind of unexpected, but I guess it shouldn't be. If all the theories about the Cotati are right (and it looks like they are), then I'm assuming he is going to be Teddy's nemesis on this event. My body is ready for some major showdown! I'm also curious about Mantis' dynamic with her son. I get the impression she might not completely be on his side, based on the solicit.

That was my thinking: if any kind of diplomatic marriage has to happen, it would be between Teddy and whoever is leading the Cotati. And now that we know this person is likely Quoi... Not that I would want that, mind you. But I guess it's less problematic when the other person is male so you won't get people accusing Marvel of forcing a gay character to marry an opposite-gender character.

I'm still not worried about Wickling at all, btw. Even IF something like that happened, and that's a big if, I don't think it would be a legitimate threat to Billy. But I'm sure it's something that they would use to torture the passionate fans and shippers in the meantime, LOL. Like when people were losing their minds thinking that Gillen was gonna break up Billy and Teddy for good.

Fantastic Member

Maybe Quoi gets with one of the Knights of the Infinite who are also Kree/Skrull hybrids

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Ghost Rider's getting a one-shot. Notice how they're fighting the plant people. I guess by this point of the event, the Cotati threat is already revealed.

EMPYRE: GHOST RIDER #1
    ED BRISSON (W) • JEFTE PALO (A) • COVER BY AARON KUDER
    An intergalactic war comes crashing into a supernatural showdown between the Spirit of Corruption and the Spirit of Pollution! But who will be left standing?

I feel like some of y'all who aren't for morally grey tyrant, plant people slaughtering, King Teddy like I am are about to be real disappointed come April.

In all solicitations theirs talk about a full on war on the earth y'all need to face the music ****'s about to go down.

The juicy part is seeing who sides with who!!!
    Last edited by Journey; 02-13-2020 at 10:50 AM.