Page 24 of 120 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

I saw the preview for Empyre I was actually shocked to keard Teddy has never met the fantastic 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I've been wondering that too. It's all a part of Ewing's masterplan, so I'm assuming the Masked Raider/Eternity Mask stuff will be brought back in some relevant way at some point. Maybe they're not saying anything to avoid spoilers.
    Incoming was not just to promote Empyre, but several different projects in 2020. That includes Outlawed/Champions, Iron Man 2020, Empyre, several solo books (Daredevil, Miles Morales, Jessica Jones), and probably a new title to launch in the autumn that will star Masked Raider. Notice the Raider was the only character involved whose next appearance was kept a mystery on the cover previews at the end.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, Empyre was described as the culmination of various past stories, so I wouldn't rule out the Korvac Saga being one of those stories. Maybe it's unrelated, but I find it weird that they would tease two separate big events by the same writer last year. It just feels more simple if everything's connected.
    Between the Kree-Skrull War, Celestial Madonna, and Teddy himself, there's already a lot going on. Ending a war between the Kree-Skrulls and the Cotati with Earth in the middle with the surprise appearance of Korvac would be such a copout

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I saw the preview for Empyre I was actually shocked to keard Teddy has never met the fantastic 4.
    Well the Young Avengers never had a team up with the F4. Closest they got was Civil War, back when Sue and Johnny joined the Anti-Reg forces and Teddy infiltrated the Pro-Reg side in order to free the prisoners in the Negative Zone. But I doubt they really had time to chat.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Well the Young Avengers never had a team up with the F4. Closest they got was Civil War, back when Sue and Johnny joined the Anti-Reg forces and Teddy infiltrated the Pro-Reg side in order to free the prisoners in the Negative Zone. But I doubt they really had time to chat.
    At one point during Civil War, Teddy and Ben did end up fighting eachother during one of those big battles too.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't it fun to think about all the characters who have just never formally met?

Amazing Member

F88F7AED-E194-4B14-9C62-BC46344ED811.jpg
    Ed McGuinness posted this to his Twitter. With this and the preview of Empyre #1 with Teddy stopping Mjolnir with Excelsior, I wonder why Thor has it out for him so badly.

https://twitter.com/ed_mcguinness/st...807972353?s=21

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Ed McGuinness posted this to his Twitter. With this and the preview of Empyre #1 with Teddy stopping Mjolnir with Excelsior, I wonder why Thor has it out for him so badly.

That is a pretty page!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Road To Empyre preview: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=83099914

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Skrull propaganda? LOL

I'm not shocked they're promoting this in a very deliberately misleading way. They really want people to think the Kree/Skrulls have it out for the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post

Now that's a fight I'm looking forward to. Definitely not looking forward to the power level discourse and tantrums being thrown if someone's favorite doesn't win the fight, though.

Also, I'm wondering for what book exactly this is. Ed does art for the main Avengers book, right? But it seems like Jason Aaron is completely skipping a tie-in for Empyre, since the solicits show they're in the middle of a Moon Knight arc, completely unrelated. Is he doing a late tie-in, or what? Maybe this is for another book?
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-27-2020 at 01:47 AM.

Amazing Member

Preview pages of #0 and #1 are up with text. Some good context for the interaction between the F4 and Hulkling.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...-empyre-0-1-2/

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Hmmm… Kl'rt even announces the FF's arrival with respect.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

With this preview and X-Men/FF #2, I think it would be better for the FF's future if they stopped trying to infiltrate foreign societies by going invisible

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    With this preview and X-Men/FF #2, I think it would be better for the FF's future if they stopped trying to infiltrate foreign societies by going invisible
    Well, I mean, first of all. In X-Men/FF#2 they were looking for their kids. I have kids. And I know if they were missing, and I had powers like the Fantastic Four (specifically Sue's powers), a lot of people would suffer on my way to find them. That said, 'going invisible' was being soft to the X-Men. I'd have exploded their heads SCANNERS style.

This EMPYRE instance was about gaining intel. You have a known enemy of Earth (Skrull) allying with it's worst enemy (Kree) and heading towards Earth. With no known purpose. Intel is knowledge and knowledge is power. Gaining intel, sometimes through infiltration, requires you to remain largely unnoticed. The best way to infiltrate any group, society, institution or culture, is to remain unnoticed. Being invisible LITERALLY is the best way to do so.

It just blew up in their faces both times.

But again in Xmen/FF #2, Sue could have just popped their heads like balloons if she really wanted to. She chose the humane route

Extraordinary Member

Sue is a scary, scary woman.

And I love her for it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Valerio Schiti's designs for the new Kree/Skrull uniforms.