Page 29 of 120 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ooooh! Thanks for sharing!!!

I love Cheung's art but the dual blonds at the bottom --Carol and presumably Susan -- yeesh. Twinsies.
    The Billy Strikeforce cover is not his finest hour.
    Yeah Buff boy looks like Northstar very elf esk but I'll accept it. I thought that was Cassie at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Another interview with Brevoort on AIPT:
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...dy-the-tyrant/

This fulfils my inner Stan in ways you can't even imagine.

BANNED

Sue and Billy sharing a comic cover is a dream coming true for me. Now they just have to interact or fight together.

Unfortunately, the disruption for the next few months will probably cause this event to fail through no fault of Marvel's or the creative team's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, the disruption for the next few months will probably cause this event to fail through no fault of Marvel's or the creative team's.
    I'm sure it'll do well Digitally. Hell if Marvel was smart they would focus completely on digital sales for the time being.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

YAAAAASSSS I knew I was right about this being a cover for the main event! Hopefully it actually represents the interior and Billy will have a role in the story. Do we know how many issues the main event will have? I have the feeling this is near the end.

Also, that last thing Brevoort said about Teddy: THANK YOU! I hope y’all will stop saying he’s the villain now. He’s obviously not. And hopefully what he said about making Teddy a more important character within the MU stays true beyond this event. He deserves it!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Damn! I didn’t even think about that. Let’s hope it’s not that bad. I mean, it might take a hit on the direct market, but as long as the event remains one of the top sellers every month like past events, it will be an indication that the lower numbers are because of the crisis and not because of the event itself. Even Spider-Man and X-Men will probably be selling less during this time. I think lower selling titles will probably be more negatively affected, because they don’t have the same safety net bigger titles and events do. I worry more about something like Champions, which didn’t have very good sales last time around and was cancelled because of it.

And who knows, maybe the lack of physical sales will be compensated through digital or books being ordered. Let’s hope so.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-17-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    YAAAAASSSS I knew I was right about this being a cover for the main event! Hopefully it actually represents the interior and Billy will have a role in the story. Do we know how many issues the main event will have? I have the feeling this is near the end.

Also, that last thing Brevoort said about Teddy: THANK YOU! I hope y’all will stop saying he’s the villain now. He’s obviously not. And hopefully what he said about making Teddy a more important character within the MU stays true beyond this event. He deserves it!

Damn! I didn’t even think about that. Let’s hope it’s not that bad. I mean, it might take a hit on the direct market, but as long as the event remains one of the top sellers every month like past events, it will be an indication that the lower numbers are because of the crisis and not because of the event itself. Even Spider-Man and X-Men will probably be selling less during this time. I think lower selling titles will probably be more negatively affected, because they don’t have the same safety net bigger titles and events do. I worry more about something like Champions, which didn’t have very good sales last time around and was cancelled because of it.
    As someone who saw appeal in space tyrant Teddy gotta say I'm a little disappointed but intrigued!

Well if Marvel was smart they would take the hint Cancel Champions, cause clearly it aint that big of a hit to begin with and give us the YA reboot we deserve, I swear if Empyre doesn't put Teddy and the rest of the YA back on the map in 2020, heading into 2021 I'll be sick.

Seriously, there's room for both. If Teen Titans and Young Justice can co-exist, there's no reason Champions and Young Avengers can't.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

so how many issues does this mini last? I hope they're not promising to kill someone.

Unless it gets extended, six issues I believe, not counting the zero issues and tie-ins.

Seems like the Empyre covers are intended to make us think that Carol and Susan are actual secret twins

Last edited by nandes; 03-18-2020 at 09:50 AM.

They do look similar. Same thing happened in Fearless. The only way you could tell them apart at times was because of Carol's clothes.

It's time to meet the Skrull Warner family again in the preview for Road to Empyre:
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-skrull-war-1/

Why do I get the feeling that this event will result in someone or somebody getting betrayed

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that this event will result in someone or somebody getting betrayed
    Well number one the whole attack on the earth by Hulking is already a betrayal because he's an honorary Avenger. 2 Carol has already been spoiled to be the next Kree Accuser for Teddy so that's also a betrayal. Number 3 Wiccan who's bound to get involved in this whole mess and could either betray Hulking or say **** the Avengers and snap on them for love. So Betrayal is a definite I would say.