Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Incidentally, I looked up Murder Mystery and it brings up a load of links related to Australian period detective show Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. What's the trope called, then?
    Just sidling up to say I love Miss Fisher. <3

how long is this mini series supposed to be?

We don't know yet, could be anywhere from six issues (like War of the Realms) to ten (like Secret Empire).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

We don't know yet, could be anywhere from six issues (like War of the Realms) to ten (like Secret Empire).
    Just seen the recent Trailer(@ Today's Newsarama.Com ) for A/4: EMPYRE One Shot and looks like it's the tip of the iceberg for both the F4 and the Avengers.....!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Earth is getting shattered? Again?

It should start using condoms.
    "Cable was right!"

Besides Hulkling, the heroes in the trailer are again the same old overexposed ones.
    Granted, Lyja and Mantis will also be there, but I really hope there are more unusual major players to come.

Who is the artist? They said their name, but I suck at understanding spoken english. All I hear is something like "Larrioz Kitty"
    Last edited by mugiwara; 12-30-2019 at 10:07 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

All-New Member

By now, Marvel could just name those events as "Annual Marvel culling #(insert number)" and take bets, who will die to show how "serious" this newest cataclysm is.

Another major event my favorite characters won't appear at all in. Not interested in the same heroes reacting to same threats again

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Besides Hulkling, the heroes in the trailer are again the same old overexposed ones.
    Granted, Lyja and Mantis will also be there, but I really hope there are more unusual major players to come.

Who is the artist? They said their name, but I suck at understanding spoken english. All I hear is something like "Larrioz Kitty"
    Don't be too certain about Lyja; if you haven't read the recent issues of the short lived FUTURE FOUNDATION Series, then the readers would known about Lyja's current status.....

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Here's the trailer:

So this confirms the Celestial Madonna saga will play a role in the story, as suspected. It'll be fun to see Mantis in the spotlight again. I wonder if by ''origin of the Young Avengers'' he just meant the origins of Hulkling or if the actual team will be involved.

I liked what they did with the logo at the end, uniting the ''A'' with ''4''.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I spotted Captain Glory from Avengers: No Surrender in one of the shots.

The artist is Valerio Schiti.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-30-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I spotted Captain Glory from Avengers: No Surrender in one of the shots.
    Mur-G'nn from the Knights of the Infinite is there as well

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Mur-G'nn from the Knights of the Infinite is there as well
    Right! I knew the blue-skinned one with the spiral on her forehead looked familiar. Seems like the Super-Skrull and the Kree Accuser from Incoming! are there as well. My guess is that they are Teddy's closest advisors or something like that. I'm hoping we get to see Noh-Varr; I would love to see his reaction to Captain Glory, who's possibly the 616 version of his father.

And now that I think about it, Mur-G'nn was the mage of the Knights, and Ewing has referred to Excelsior as a magical artifact... I really hope he explores the concept of alien magic within Kree/Skrull society.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-30-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Another major event my favorite characters won't appear at all in. Not interested in the same heroes reacting to same threats again
    Oh please... short of it being cancelled, Agents of Wakanda must surely be getting a tie-in (probably issues 9 and 10), since the book is so Avengers adjacent. And that means Wasp would likely be involved.

Here's something to think of. Free Comic Book Day is setting up an X-Men event, and the teenagers have been Outlawed. So with the Fantastic Four and Avengers off world, who's fighting all the smaller scale villains? Not the Champions - the cops would arrest both sides. Not the X-Men, who'll be hiding on Krakoa. Not the Young Avengers, who have been affected by both Empyre AND Outlawed. Outlawed rules out the Runaways from operating openly as well. So who's left? The second stringer adult heroes. The many Avengers not on the current roster. The Defenders. I wonder if we'll actually see some lesser used heroes get a day in the limelight?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like Teddy's cape and head wreath/crown

Oh please... short of it being cancelled, Agents of Wakanda must surely be getting a tie-in (probably issues 9 and 10), since the book is so Avengers adjacent. And that means Wasp would likely be involved.

Here's something to think of. Free Comic Book Day is setting up an X-Men event, and the teenagers have been Outlawed. So with the Fantastic Four and Avengers off world, who's fighting all the smaller scale villains? Not the Champions - the cops would arrest both sides. Not the X-Men, who'll be hiding on Krakoa. Not the Young Avengers, who have been affected by both Empyre AND Outlawed. Outlawed rules out the Runaways from operating openly as well. So who's left? The second stringer adult heroes. The many Avengers not on the current roster. The Defenders. I wonder if we'll actually see some lesser used heroes get a day in the limelight?

I'm shocked at you still being optimistic about Janet and Wanda being anywhere near this event when there are other heroes like Carol, Natasha, Carol, Avengers, Carol, Carol etc
    The only event Janet showed up in the last 5 years(after AXIS) was a single panel in Secret Empire.

You're not only assuming AOW is still going on by the time this event starts but also Janet gets to be part of the sub-team that is involved with this hypothetical tie-in and that they actually appear in the event book itself. So many unknowns to be so sure of this.

Edit: Teddy looks hawt
    Edit2: I'm actually really happy he has this big role but we already went through that celebration some time ago
    Last edited by Captain M; 12-30-2019 at 11:56 AM.