Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Would recommended reading just be the main title, you think? I’d rather just get that, but want to make sure I get the story as best as I can that it reads well.
    I'm wondering the same thing. I steer clear of most event tie-ins for financial reasons, but this story really interests me, so I might pick a couple of one shots (Swordsman and Squadron Supreme), because I really like those characters.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It does appear like it, although we've seen Teddy cleave through Ben and it was more of an energetic than physical thing.
    Yeah, that's my thinking as well. I think Teddy probably can control the sword so its strikes become non-lethal. He obviously wouldn't want to just kill the Avengers or the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, that's my thinking as well. I think Teddy probably can control the sword so its strikes become non-lethal. He obviously wouldn't want to just kill the Avengers or the FF.
    He's been shown able to control it already I believe. In New Avengers he just knocked someone out by slashing through them.

I suspect the stabbing and slashing is related to how Excelsior can cut through magic and spells. Like its cutting through things influencing or controlling people to free them.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I steer clear of most event tie-ins for financial reasons, but this story really interests me, so I might pick a couple of one shots (Swordsman and Squadron Supreme), because I really like those characters.
    I can't tell you which specific ones because they canceled at least 60% of them, but you should look into picking up the X-Men one-shots and at least the team-related tie-in books (Avengers/F4). The exact amount of writing Ewing is doing for this even is unknown, but it's better to have as much context as you can get.

None of the tie-ins seem to be important to the event, which is good. Events are supposed to provide a cool platform for other books' stories. Not the other way around.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

yea they cut some of the tie-ins which is good.And this coming Wednesday if Empyer Avengers

September solicitations

CAPTAIN MARVEL #21
    MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Kelly Thompson (A) Cory Smith (CA) Jorge Molina
    EMPYRE Tie-In!
    A CAPTAIN'S LEGACY – THE ACCUSED FINALE!
    The rise and fall of the Supreme Accuser. The end of a war, the end of an ERA…and the birth of an even more dangerous world. Carol Danvers must make a choice that will define her life and the lives of those closest to her.
    Rated T+ $3.99

EMPYRE #6 (OF 6)
    MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Al Ewing, Dan Slott (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung
    Who will rule the EMPYRE?
    • There can be only one King of Space-and it's the last liege standing! But as combat rages on, the clock ticks down to catastrophe!
    • Will the ultimate interstellar weapon fry planet Earth before or after all sentient life on the planet is wiped out?
    • The Avengers and the Fantastic Four are tested as never before-as EMPYRE comes to a pulse-pounding finish!
    Rated T+ $5.99

EMPYRE FALLOUT FANTASTIC FOUR #1
    MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Dan Slott (A) Sean Izaakse (CA) R. B. Silva
    • The fate of all future Kree/Skrull Wars is placed in the hands of… Reed Richards and his family, the Fantastic Four.
    • This is NO standard issue of a Marvel Comic, True Believer. Two MAJOR TURNING POINTS for THE ENTIRE MARVEL UNIVERSE will take place here!
    • Also in this issue… The Profiteer returns, but is she here for revenge… or justice? And a special appearance by the most ominous cosmic character of them all, The Unseen!
    Rated T+ $3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

EMPYRE AFTERMATH AVENGERS #1
    MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Al Ewing (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung
    • The end of EMPYRE begins a new age for the Marvel Universe!
    • In the aftermath of the cosmic conflict, the forces gather one last time… but why? And at whose bidding?
    • New bonds will be forged, new families will be founded, and there's a new role waiting for Earth… but new destinies bring new dangers – and new enemies!
    • Welcome to the new Marvel Space Age, true believer – hope you survive the experience!
    Rated T+ $4.99

IMMORTAL SHE-HULK #1
    MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Al Ewing (A) Jon Davis-Hunt (CA) Joe Bennett
    N THE WAKE OF EMPYRE, JEN WALTERS GOES IMMORTAL!
    The Cotati invasion has changed everything for Jennifer Walters. Now she seems to have a new lease on life…but things are never that simple for the gamma-powered. Al Ewing gives She-Hulk the "IMMORTAL" treatment with a horrifying stand-alone tale!
    Rated T+ $4.99
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-19-2020 at 07:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Space Age? noice

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I can't tell you which specific ones because they canceled at least 60% of them, but you should look into picking up the X-Men one-shots and at least the team-related tie-in books (Avengers/F4). The exact amount of writing Ewing is doing for this even is unknown, but it's better to have as much context as you can get.
    Ok. Thanks. I always try and cut down on how much I buy, but sometimes I feel I'm missing out on some good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    September solicitations

CAPTAIN MARVEL #21
    MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Kelly Thompson (A) Cory Smith (CA) Jorge Molina
    EMPYRE Tie-In!
    A CAPTAIN'S LEGACY – THE ACCUSED FINALE!
    The rise and fall of the Supreme Accuser. The end of a war, the end of an ERA…and the birth of an even more dangerous world. Carol Danvers must make a choice that will define her life and the lives of those closest to her.
    Rated T+ $3.99

EMPYRE #6 (OF 6)
    MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Al Ewing, Dan Slott (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung
    Who will rule the EMPYRE?
    • There can be only one King of Space-and it's the last liege standing! But as combat rages on, the clock ticks down to catastrophe!
    • Will the ultimate interstellar weapon fry planet Earth before or after all sentient life on the planet is wiped out?
    • The Avengers and the Fantastic Four are tested as never before-as EMPYRE comes to a pulse-pounding finish!
    Rated T+ $5.99

EMPYRE FALLOUT FANTASTIC FOUR #1
    MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Dan Slott (A) Sean Izaakse (CA) R. B. Silva
    • The fate of all future Kree/Skrull Wars is placed in the hands of… Reed Richards and his family, the Fantastic Four.
    • This is NO standard issue of a Marvel Comic, True Believer. Two MAJOR TURNING POINTS for THE ENTIRE MARVEL UNIVERSE will take place here!
    • Also in this issue… The Profiteer returns, but is she here for revenge… or justice? And a special appearance by the most ominous cosmic character of them all, The Unseen!
    Rated T+ $3.99
    I'm guessing Carol's death is "metaphorical," as in the death of her as an accuser.

Seems Empyre's gonna be Reed-centric for the Fantastic Four side of things... as per usual.

Meh.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

im very happy jen gets the immortal treatment, even if for a oneshot.

Looks like we could be getting some focus on Johnny. About damn time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    im very happy jen gets the immortal treatment, even if for a oneshot.
    The cover doesn't seem to indicate it, but could we see her get revived into classic She-Hulk? Probably too much to hope for.