Page 61 of 120 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

The Avengers have never trusted the YA to have good judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Avengers pissed me off they've known Teddy for years yet made their minds up so quickly just because their condescending know it alls, and yet again Stark fucks up leading to senseless death, and Thor can catch all the hands, honestly their incredibly incompetent.
    Considering how their written in their current title, I guess this isn't very surprising.

Although isn't there some brainwashing involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Summers View Post
    Pepe Larraz!? In this economy?!
    LOL...I read this issue and thought it was Larraz and was wondering when did his art deteriorate. Then I read the credits and saw it wasnt him. Its not bad at all but it is not as good as Larraz. Specifically it was his Reed that I didnt like

I was hesitant on picking this up but decided to and it was pretty good. I like how Ewing writes the F4. But Stark, man dude you messed up lol

The twist has surprised me. Of course not the twist itself, which was obvious, but it was so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how their written in their current title, I guess this isn't very surprising.

Although isn't there some brainwashing involved?
    Maybe for some definitely not all Thor and Stark just come off like cocky idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Maybe for some definitely not all Thor and Stark just come off like cocky idiots.
    Which I could more easily believe if there's brainwashing involved. Especially for Thor.

Unless Aaron's dumbed Thor down so much that's now every writer's go-to for him.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Tony Stark's Achilles heel being his own hubris is very much in character for him. More level headed heroes like Captain America and Black Panther backing Stark's play I have more of an issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Tony Stark's Achilles heel being his own hubris is very much in character for him. More level headed heroes like Captain America and Black Panther backing Stark's play I have more of an issue with.
    Thor should be level-headed too if he's being written correctly.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Valerio is a TITAN.
    He’s absolutely exquisite.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    He says Ewing has cosmic bookS, emphasis on plural. That seems to confirm we're getting a new cosmic book from Al other than GOTG. I'm excited!

He also says he had to fight for a character to not be killed off, but he wouldn't say if he ended up winning that fight or not. That means one of the potential characters to die was one of his favorites.

Not that I recall.
    God, I hope it’s a Surfer or Nova book. Maybe a Star-Lord or Adam Warlock solo. Both have so much potential as solo draws.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would be all in for a Richard Rider solo Nova book. The character is ready to break out.

Omg maybe it’s going to be a Quasar book! He did hint that Avril was still alive in the GotG annual last year! So many possibilities!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Larraz is a Skrull. Silva is a Kree. Schiti is the best of both, the true hybrid king.

also damn i can't believe the avengers trusted two old allies and a race of people who have never done anything wrong who went through a genocide over

*checks notes*

Age-old intergalactic warmongers who have attacked Earth multiple time, with their king being guided by Skrull and Kree rulers who have attacked Earth.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The first issue was so good. I was fully expecting the twist, but I was surprised not only by how soon it happened, but also by how violent and deadly it ended up being. Now we know why Teddy had to use the sword on the Thing like that.

And I don't blame the Avengers that much. Maybe Tony a little because it was his tech that ultimately screwed things up (and it wasn't clear if the other Avengers knew exactly what he was planning to do with the Kree/Skrull ships).... But I mean, up until that point, I can see why they sided with the Cotati. The Kree and the Skrulls have committed terrible war crimes over the years, including against Earth, while the Cotati were always peaceful and never did anything wrong. And no, I don't think Teddy's presence there was enough, because it was clear he was being influenced by the people behind him. He even flat out stated he was doing what he was doing because they told him to. That's hardly a convincing argument, no matter how much they trusted him. I think trusting the Cotati and not trusting the Kree/Skrull was an honest mistake that any other heroes could've made, so I won't hold that against them. Tony and his tech, on the other hand... there were definitely better ways to deal with the situation.