Page 62 of 120 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Larraz is a Skrull. Silva is a Kree. Schiti is the best of both, the true hybrid king.

also damn i can't believe the avengers trusted two old allies and a race of people who have never done anything wrong who went through a genocide over

*checks notes*

Age-old intergalactic warmongers who have attacked Earth multiple time, with their king being guided by Skrull and Kree rulers who have attacked Earth.
    Yeah, no idea why people're calling The Avengers incompetent when the Cotati never gave them even a small reason not to trust them. Also, an entire armada of Skrull and and Kree just showed up near Earth. No one one can blame the heroes for shooting first and asking questions later at this point.

Yeah, that was a good heel turn and oops, Tony just gave them the weapon they needed. I can't blame them though since Knee/Skrull's history with the Avengers but yeah...

What exactly is the twist that people are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What exactly is the twist that people are referring to?
    The Cotati being antags? We been knew, though. Marvel didn't try to hide it at all.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Cotati being antags? We been knew, though. Marvel didn't try to hide it at all.
    I didnt read any of the build up books and even I knew that.. If that was supposed to be the shocking twist that people are claiming it to be, Im confused

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I didnt read any of the build up books and even I knew that.. If that was supposed to be the shocking twist that people are claiming it to be, Im confused
    If you haven't read any of the prequels beforehand then that would be a bit of a twist, yeah

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

besides how great the frist issue of the event is, the Fantastic Four tie-in was really good also.

Is a "twist" like "Captain America was transformed by Kobik" is a twist, it's obvious if you read the comics before this.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    If you haven't read any of the prequels beforehand then that would be a bit of a twist, yeah
    I didnt read any prequels, which was my point. As someone coming into this blind, I thought this was the main premise of the story considering the plant people are on multiple covers as the antagonists

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The Cotati being the antagonists were a given if you were paying attention to everything that was divulged about the event, however, we didn't know the full extent of their plans and how exactly they would accomplish their goals. The issue was crystal clear on that, and I think it ended up being a little more hardcore than what anyone expected, specially since Avengers #0 made the Cotati seem so sympathetic.

spoilers:
    They were buying time so this special flower could blossom, giving Quoi control over all plant-life. He used this power to quickly kill several Kree/Skrulls who were on the ships, and he tried to kill Reed and Ben too. He also made it pretty clear they're gonna take over the entire Earth.
    end of spoilers

Uh, now I understand that the X-Men have a tie in. I wonder if Krakoa is plant enough to be controlled.

I wonder where the other Knights of the Infinite are

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Avengers pissed me off they've known Teddy for years yet made their minds up so quickly just because their condescending know it alls, and yet again Stark fucks up leading to senseless death, and Thor can catch all the hands, honestly their incredibly incompetent.
    In their defense....the Kree and Skrulls have been enemies more than allies...and allies only when it fit their needs. The Cotati...form everything else I have read have always been peaceful and 'good guys' in the cosmic scheme of things.

So here you have the Kree/Skrull alliance show up and don't just take the time to make their case. If they had done that and said "hey...the Cotati are the bad guys here and this is the intel we have on that...."

Now....out of universe we have read the previews and lead ins and we have an idea....but in universe the FF and Avengers don't have all that.

The problem is that they have made it so evident to the reader that although the Avengers realistically had no reason to suspect, it is frustrating that they have fallen into that deception.

We as a reader know that when a guy introduces himself as "Celestial Messiah" it's the bad guy but the Avengers aren't so genre savvy.

Spectacular Member Ruby Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Uh, now I understand that the X-Men have a tie in. I wonder if Krakoa is plant enough to be controlled.
    Probably, so it'll be Krakoa's sapience that's the bigger issue. And the fact that Krakoa actually needs the mutants to survive and thrive, so the Cotati are unlikely to get a warm welcome with their anti-fauna agenda.