Page 63 of 120 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

The Krakoan gates are all over the Earth and several areas of the galaxy. Those are at risk for being manipulated

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m so depressed I cant get this until tomorrow *sobs uncontrollably*
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m so depressed I cant get this until tomorrow *sobs uncontrollably*
    Your doing better than me. I can’t get mine until Saturday lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    In their defense....the Kree and Skrulls have been enemies more than allies...and allies only when it fit their needs. The Cotati...form everything else I have read have always been peaceful and 'good guys' in the cosmic scheme of things.

So here you have the Kree/Skrull alliance show up and don't just take the time to make their case. If they had done that and said "hey...the Cotati are the bad guys here and this is the intel we have on that...."

Now....out of universe we have read the previews and lead ins and we have an idea....but in universe the FF and Avengers don't have all that.
    Yeah, Teddy shows up with a freaking armed fleet and Kl'rt on his side, but the Avengers are supposed to know that they're at least kinda right, apparently. They might have been a bit naive, but far from being incompetent.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Your doing better than me. I can’t get mine until Saturday lol.
    Oof. I’ll try not to spoil anything by then. As it is, I’m satisfying my addiction by reading Iron Man 2020, and the other tie-ins.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I can't read this until Friday cuz I need a prescription for the intestinal pain the art is giving me.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I can't read this until Friday cuz I need a prescription for the intestinal pain the art is giving me.
    Serious?!?! Damn you hate the art that much?!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Serious?!?! Damn you hate the art that much?!
    I like it! Teddy looks super cute!

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Avengers pissed me off they've known Teddy for years yet made their minds up so quickly just because their condescending know it alls, and yet again Stark fucks up leading to senseless death, and Thor can catch all the hands, honestly their incredibly incompetent.
    It's actually understandable considering Earth's history with the Kree & Skrulls and the fact that Cotati were previously peaceful.

BANNED

Just like comics to transform the peaceful plant race into the antagonists and the actual imperialists to be the good guys in the name of plot reason or whatever. It only reinforces the belief that in comics no one is worthy of being a Messiah and a anointed king who can unite his people is the only hope and as he rises the somewhat insular segregationist king will fall. Way to send a message.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Just like comics to transform the peaceful plant race into the antagonists and the actual imperialists to be the good guys in the name of plot reason or whatever. It only reinforces the belief that in comics no one is worthy of being a Messiah and a anointed king who can unite his people is the only hope and as he rises the somewhat insular segregationist king will fall. Way to send a message.
    It is the twist to start off the story....when if they had just had Teddy say "Cap...it's Hulkling...I need you and the Avengers on this ship now...got info you need before you pick a side...."..they would not have had the 1st issue melodrama.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So with Wolverine already being involved in fantastic four, I wonder if it's going to be a plot when he he's on the moon in the x-men empyre tie-in issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Avengers pissed me off they've known Teddy for years yet made their minds up so quickly just because their condescending know it alls, and yet again Stark fucks up leading to senseless death, and Thor can catch all the hands, honestly their incredibly incompetent.

Seriously...with all the advanced technology, telepathy and other forms of incredible communications mechanisms in the Marvel Universe...no one thought to give a heads-up, sit-rep, parley, caucus, info dump, secret message...to the Avengers so they would know why the Kree-Skrull Alliance were doing?

A simple "They're not who you think they are...." or "They're actually Killer Vegans!" would have sufficed.

Loved the artwork and even the premise of the story is interesting...but how it kicks off just felt so lame.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    Seriously...with all the advanced technology, telepathy and other forms of incredible communications mechanisms in the Marvel Universe...no one thought to give a heads-up, sit-rep, parley, caucus, info dump, secret message...to the Avengers so they would know why the Kree-Skrull Alliance were doing?

A simple "They're not who you think they are...." or "They're actually Killer Vegans!" would have sufficed.

Loved the artwork and even the premise of the story is interesting...but how it kicks off just felt so lame.
    Especially after the Avengers led the fight against the Builders.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    The current Avengers lineup doesn't have a telepath and they could only communicate with the Alliance fleet once they were close.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-15-2020 at 09:16 PM.