Page 65 of 120 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

I think with Thor it may just be him embellishing. He certainly seems to quickly become more doubting of Cotati's actions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Tony made a mistake, but it was a very human one. With all the history the Kree and Skrull have with the heroes and earth it makes sense that he'd be more on the offensive. When an armada that belongs to long time enemies is on your doorstep then of course you'll want to end things fast.
    Plus Teddy even admitted he was just a figurehead so why would anyone stop things because of him? He admitted that he was being used by long time supervillains. The you add the fact it seems like there is probably psychic influence from the Cotati, what he does makes sense.

It's wasn't the right play in the end, but most would do the same thing in this situation. Marvel heroes are meant to be like real people and make mistakes. This is a mistake most real people would make.
    me thinks they're all mentally influenced

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    me thinks they're all mentally influenced
    Given Tony had a vision prior to acting the way he did, it's possible mental influence was involved.

But at the same time, his reaction wasn't entirely shocking given an alien fleet just showed up at earths doorstep. If a fleet of Russian and Chinesse ships showed off the US coast, it wouldn't take much at all to imagine the US opening fire pretty quickly. What we saw from Tony isn't exactly an atypical reaction from someone greeting an armada of ships showing up unannounced.

So it could believably go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope who's narrating changes per issue. Like one issue it's Ben and Jen, and another is Teddy and Sequoia. I don't want it to be from Tony and Reed's perspectives throughout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Based on who is on the front of the covers I think we can assume main narrators to be:
    #1 - Reed and Tony (as we've just seen)
    #2 - Steve and Sue
    #3 - Mantis and T'Challa
    #4 - Ben and Jen
    #5 - Billy and Teddy
    #6 - Carol and Johny
    Oh yes I'd love to be treated to additional internal monologue perspectives please. Varying this from issue to issue would be terrific!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You can justify Teddy's decision in that he was in a pressing hurry. That plant thing was minutes from activating.
    Agreed.
    I'm very much looking forward to the Emperor Hulkling one shot, for additional back story on Teddy's royal ascension and alliance with his merry band of non-humans.

I really enjoyed the issue, but Tony is never my favorite, so his rash, yet understandable actions, irked me a little. It's plain that he and Jen are being manipulated by the Cotati and I think Thor was starting to doubt their intentions, but caution before fighting was never his strong suit when he's with the Avengers -- maybe on his own, where he's free to think out a situation, but when he's with Tony and Cap, he usually let them do the planning.

With the Fantastic Four, I was more apathetic with their actions. At least Reed didn't get on my nerves with his "I can deduce any problem within seconds" like he normally does. What gets under my skin is that these artists, no matter how great they are (and I am a fan of Schiti), CAN NOT DRAW FRANKLIN AND VALERIE AS TEENAGERS!!! I swear they both look like they're 10 year-old twins.

My biggest gripe is how easily Tony and T'Challa were able to bypass the Kree/Skrull tech. These races are literally thousand of years more advance than Earth, yet Earth mightiest brain-trusts can override their tech like kid's toys. I know its nothing new, but it still gets on my nerves.

While this is a nice summer blockbuster for the Avengers and FF, I'm more looking forward to how the X-Men will deal with the Cotati threat.

On my wishful thinking side, I would have loved to see Xavin and Ultra-girl's prospective, or even to see Laja again.

Shouldn't Franklin at least be 18 by now? Valeria should probably be around 13-14 her look is whatever but Franklin's age makes no sense.
    Last edited by Journey; 07-16-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Shouldn't Franklin be at least be 18 by now? Valeria should probably be around 13-14 her look is whatever but Franklin's age makes no sense.
    It's tricky because if you age Franklin you age everyone else. An 18 year old Franklin means everyone is 20 years older.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's tricky because if you age Franklin you age everyone else. An 18 year old Franklin means everyone is 20 years older.
    He's implied to be 14-15 now so either way that's still like 16 - 15 years. It just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Shouldn't Franklin at least be 18 by now? Valeria should probably be around 13-14 her look is whatever but Franklin's age makes no sense.
    They've never been consistent with Val's age in relation to Franklin.

Even when she was canonically 3 years old she was only a few inches shorter than Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not really. There time away following Secret Wars aged up both characters so they could have came back at any age and it having zero bearing on anyone else. Thats exactly why they were aged up to teenagers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. There time away following Secret Wars aged up both characters so they could have came back at any age and it having zero bearing on anyone else. Thats exactly why they were aged up to teenagers
    Right. I just think most of the artists didn't get the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah. The Future Foundation was aged up, but that's it. It only really affects Power Pack (Alex Power was already 19 and would now be in his mid 20s) and the FF. Ben, Johnny, and anyone outside the Future Foundation only aged up by one year (primarily due to the eight month timeskip when the All-New All-Different line wide relaunch happened), but for the FF it was more. Franklin could've also used his powers to slow his aging, explaining why there's now a smaller age gap between him and Valeria.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You can justify Teddy's decision in that he was in a pressing hurry. That plant thing was minutes from activating.
    It wasn't clear how much the Kree/Skrulls knew about the Cotati's plans, though... Like, did they know specifically about that big plant? I assume they knew they were up to no good based on the intel provided by Raksor and Bel-Dann back in Incoming!, but did they know exactly what to do once they got to the Blue Area of the Moon? Were they planning to just destroy the entire garden? Would they even be able to destroy everything before the plant fully blossomed anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    What gets under my skin is that these artists, no matter how great they are (and I am a fan of Schiti), CAN NOT DRAW FRANKLIN AND VALERIE AS TEENAGERS!!! I swear they both look like they're 10 year-old twins.
    I blame it on editorial. It's not clear to anyone what age Valeria and Franklin are actually supposed to be right now, so each artist just ends up having their own take on their appearance.

So admittedly IDK much about Quoi or his past but what exactly are his powers? Obviously it seems he can control the green like a would be male poison Ivy but other than that it seems like Teddy would bench press his ass. Although admittedly he does look more intimidating by the end of the issue.