Page 66 of 120 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So admittedly IDK much about Quoi or his past but what exactly are his powers? Obviously it seems he can control the green like a would be male poison Ivy but other than that it seems like Teddy would bench press his ass. Although admittedly he does look more intimidating by the end of the issue.
    According to the wiki he has energy absorption powers that could potentially evolve to manipulating the Power Cosmic
    And his plant nature means that he can just regrow any damage done to his body, like Groot
    I wouldn't be surprised if he inherited some of Mantis' psychic abilities.

But the issue is that this isn't just a fight between kings (for now). Teddy might be able to whup Quoi's ass, but between Tony's virus Wrecking the fleet and Quoi killing all of the defenseless pilots, the Kree-Skrull army is significantly weakened.
    Meanwhile the Cotati Empyrean hasn't taken any losses, and could potentially weaponize any plant life on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I blame it on editorial. It's not clear to anyone what age Valeria and Franklin are actually supposed to be right now, so each artist just ends up having their own take on their appearance.
    Valeria was explicitly stated to be a teenager in Slott's first arc, so she's 13 at least. Franklin is older than she is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    According to the wiki he has energy absorption powers that could potentially evolve to manipulating the Power Cosmic
    And his plant nature means that he can just regrow any damage done to his body, like Groot
    I wouldn't be surprised if he inherited some of Mantis' psychic abilities.

But the issue is that this isn't just a fight between kings (for now). Teddy might be able to whup Quoi's ass, but between Tony's virus Wrecking the fleet and Quoi killing all of the defenseless pilots, the Kree-Skrull army is significantly weakened.
    Meanwhile the Cotati Empyrean hasn't taken any losses, and could potentially weaponize any plant life on Earth
    I think Celestial Quest vaguely implied he had telepathic and energy absorption powers to the degree that he could protest himself from Thanos ... but I don't believe he uses his powers on any way sort of offensive way.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...peror-hulkling

Someday, the children of Mar-Vell may finally come together.
    Now WHY are they saying this? Don't be shy, Marvel. Share the Marvel Family team book announcement.

Teddie will probably at least get to meet an alternate version of his sister on that diplomatic conference.

You mean the AU Phyla who's currently a Guardian of the Galaxy?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Tony made a mistake, but it was a very human one. With all the history the Kree and Skrull have with the heroes and earth it makes sense that he'd be more on the offensive. When an armada that belongs to long time enemies is on your doorstep then of course you'll want to end things fast.
    Plus Teddy even admitted he was just a figurehead so why would anyone stop things because of him? He admitted that he was being used by long time supervillains. The you add the fact it seems like there is probably psychic influence from the Cotati, what he does makes sense.

It's wasn't the right play in the end, but most would do the same thing in this situation. Marvel heroes are meant to be like real people and make mistakes. This is a mistake most real people would make.
    Well said. My thoughts exactly. The way Tony was talking it seems like the mental manipulation was ongoing.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-19-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m starting to think Empyre could have just been a crossover in the main titles of Avengers and FF. I’m enjoying this event, though, I just don’t really feel it is event-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’m starting to think Empyre could have just been a crossover in the main titles of Avengers and FF. I’m enjoying this event, though, I just don’t really feel it is event-worthy.
    In all fairness it's only been one issue.

And it's not by the usual Avengers writer, it's Al Ewing. Aaron didn't want to participate at all, which is why Zub is writing the Avengers tie-in and that tie-in is a separate mini.

Am I the only one missing the Inhumans in this? Haha. This is literally the most perfect event for them to show up in.

Yeah, it's weird. Apparently they avoided using them because they're not pushing them any more. Though, I can imagine that an Inhumans tie-in would've ended up cancelled anyway! The closest thing to Inhuman involvement was meant to be Stormranger, since that character is a Ms. Marvel spin-off and Kamala is an Inhuman. But that tie-in was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's weird. Apparently they avoided using them because they're not pushing them any more. Though, I can imagine that an Inhumans tie-in would've ended up cancelled anyway! The closest thing to Inhuman involvement was meant to be Stormranger, since that character is a Ms. Marvel spin-off and Kamala is an Inhuman. But that tie-in was cancelled.
    I don't even think the Inhumans needed their own tie-in but it would be nice and make sense for them to show up and be involved given their history with the Kree.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Am I the only one missing the Inhumans in this? Haha. This is literally the most perfect event for them to show up in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Per person who talked with Ewing on one of those Hero Initative talks, Inhumans are editorially off limit. Which as usual tells me that the editorial is absolutely incompetent and has zero subtlety. Be it replacement heroes or Inhumans, they just go from one overreaction to another instead of handling things in more gradual manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Per person who talked with Ewing on one of those Hero Initative talks, Inhumans are editorially off limit. Which as usual tells me that the editorial is absolutely incompetent and has zero subtlety. Be it replacement heroes or Inhumans, they just go from one overreaction to another instead of handling things in more gradual manner.
    I believe it. Marvel is weird when it comes to things like that. Nothing happens organically but rather is forcefully thrust upon the readers.