Page 68 of 120 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm enjoying Empyre and all, but it's a little tiring that the Marvel Hype machine is already gearing up for the next Event while Empyre has barely begun
    When you’re right you’re right. Let’s enjoy Empyre before we get neck deep into the next event.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-20-2020 at 02:40 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

so we already going into knull?
    yepee may this only involve the xmen in a mini series witout any artist, writer or characters that i care for

Extraordinary Member

I'm enjoying Empyre and all, but it's a little tiring that the Marvel Hype machine is already gearing up for the next Event while Empyre has barely begun
    They just need a 5-10 year moratorium on this epic crossover nonsense. Yes the usual 'guest starring...' or ongoing 1 or 2 issue crossover...but this company wide nonsense needs a break.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Great issue! Really liked how the dialog flowed better compared to #1, probably because that one had to set a bunch of things up. I'd like to type out more of my thoughts but I'm too lazy atm lol

Quoi is such a fun villain. I’m really enjoying his scenes. And yeah, in hindsight, maybe the Swordsman isn’t the best person to raise a kid to be a saviour.

Extraordinary Member

Poor poor Mantis

I'm calling it now. Dorrek/Quoi is the power couple that will end every single intergalatic conflict in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I'm calling it now. Dorrek/Quoi is the power couple that will end every single intergalatic conflict in the universe.
    Will get "No more Cotati" before Billy let's that happen.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I thought this issue was a little more slow than the first one, but it wasn't bad. Most of the interaction between the characters was pretty much what I had already assumed based on previews. The only real surprises were that very first page (any guesses as to who that mysterious person is?) and the very last one, with the whole Pyre thing, which seems to be very conflicting with what was shown on Lords Of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling. Teddy definitely won't want to stoop to that level of violence, but he also wants to keep appearances for the Alliance, so... I'm curious to see what's gonna happen there.

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    Quoi is such a fun villain. I’m really enjoying his scenes. And yeah, in hindsight, maybe the Swordsman isn’t the best person to raise a kid to be a saviour.
    Yeah, this issue kind of implied that it was the Swordsman who ended up radicalizing Quoi. I guess we will get more of that backstory on Lords Of Empyre: Celestial Messiah. I'm really curious to see Mantis' role in all of this. I'm assuming we'll see her next week, judging by the cover.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-22-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Will get "No more Cotati" before Billy let's that happen.
    Billy's gonna eat his veggies!

Eat 'em all up.

spoilers:
    I figure the person on the ship was probably Mantis, she was born on Earth
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I figure the person on the ship was probably Mantis, she was born on Earth
    end of spoilers
    It's a very reasonable guess. You have to figure that character will show up sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They just need a 5-10 year moratorium on this epic crossover nonsense. Yes the usual 'guest starring...' or ongoing 1 or 2 issue crossover...but this company wide nonsense needs a break.
    I feel like the Marvel Event cycle is like a fictional representation of our current real world, where every time we turn around? Something HORRIBLE has happened that changes everything, and nothing is going to ever be the same and...oh, something new and terrible! NOW nothing is ever going to be the same and everything is going to cha...OH NO! SOMETHING NEW has happened that is going to ch...AND ANOTHER THING has happened that going to...and here we go AGAIN....!!!

You know...?

No wonder 616 humanity are all such hateful asses. They’re all stressed out as all hell at the constant potentially extinction-level events that hit earth on a semi daily basis. Just like us!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Personally, I think this could have worked out better if the Cotati just wanted to off the Kree and Skrull for what they did to them in the past, as opposed to wiping out everybody else in the universe (starting with Earth) along with the Kree and Skrull. At the very least, it would have presented more of a moral dilemma for the heroes of Earth, who'd be against genocide on principle, but conflicted over possibly having to defend or align with warmongering intergalactic empires who'd inflicted their fair share of death and destruction across the universe over their existences. Of course, making the Cotati straightforward vengeful monsters who don't care who else has to die so long as the Kree and Skrull are finished off for good . . . that would simplify things an awful lot, wouldn't it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Personally, I think this could have worked out better if the Cotati just wanted to off the Kree and Skrull for what they did to them in the past, as opposed to wiping out everybody else in the universe (starting with Earth) along with the Kree and Skrull. At the very least, it would have presented more of a moral dilemma for the heroes of Earth, who'd be against genocide on principle, but conflicted over possibly having to defend or align with warmongering intergalactic empires who'd inflicted their fair share of death and destruction across the universe over their existences. Of course, making the Cotati straightforward vengeful monsters who don't care who else has to die so long as the Kree and Skrull are finished off for good . . . that would simplify things an awful lot, wouldn't it?
    I like what's going on in Empyre, but this would have been better to see. Like your stated. The moral dilemma would be very interesting.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-22-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark