Page 69 of 120 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Personally, I think this could have worked out better if the Cotati just wanted to off the Kree and Skrull for what they did to them in the past, as opposed to wiping out everybody else in the universe (starting with Earth) along with the Kree and Skrull. At the very least, it would have presented more of a moral dilemma for the heroes of Earth, who'd be against genocide on principle, but conflicted over possibly having to defend or align with warmongering intergalactic empires who'd inflicted their fair share of death and destruction across the universe over their existences. Of course, making the Cotati straightforward vengeful monsters who don't care who else has to die so long as the Kree and Skrull are finished off for good . . . that would simplify things an awful lot, wouldn't it?
    I feel like they might be almost headed in this direction anyway with whatever the Pyre actually is. Maybe the Vengies and Teddy will have to stop Cotati extinction despite them being the biggest baddies.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I feel like they might be almost headed in this direction anyway with whatever the Pyre actually is. Maybe the Vengies and Teddy will have to stop Cotati extinction despite them being the biggest baddies.
    Maybe. I would be fine with seeing a resolution that ended with the Kree-Skrull Alliance trying to make amends for the damage they've caused in the past.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

No one should take any sides.
    Just beat all 3 of these idiots and kick them off the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    No one should take any sides.
    Just beat all 3 of these idiots and kick them off the planet.
    Hmm, that would be my reaction to most "versus" stories in Marvel these days --- somebody swoop in and beat all these idiots.

Not seeing what the FF bring to this crossover event. They feel very superfluous to the story so far, but that may change as it's only the second issue.
    But right now things are feeling more Avengers orientated instead of equally focused on the two teams.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spoilers:
    It's a super Omniwave projector per what the solicits said
    end of spoilers

EDIT: Also seems like my narrator predictions were completely wrong.
    Last edited by Sataniel; 07-22-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    [spoil]IEDIT: Also seems like my narrator predictions were completely wrong.
    Who are the narrators in this issue?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

I really hope Kl'rt and Gla-Ree are less as villains and more as their people's heroes going forward. Not to say I do not want them to antagonists to Earth's heroes...but that they are representing their government's interests.

And give Gla-Ree a Universal Weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really hope Kl'rt and Gla-Ree are less as villains and more as their people's heroes going forward. Not to say I do not want them to antagonists to Earth's heroes...but that they are representing their government's interests.

And give Gla-Ree a Universal Weapon.
    Given the Skrull and Krees history, it's probably a safe bet that their sollution to the problem is to destroy the earth to save the rest of the universe. Which is sort of heroic from a certain perspective... though it basicaly puts them in the position of being antagonists who will end up getting their butts kicked by the earth heroes for the zillionth time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given the Skrull and Krees history, it's probably a safe bet that their sollution to the problem is to destroy the earth to save the rest of the universe. Which is sort of heroic from a certain perspective... though it basicaly puts them in the position of being antagonists who will end up getting their butts kicked by the earth heroes for the zillionth time.
    How short their memories are...who led the fight against the Builders....and won. The Avengers...but whenever something like this comes up it comes down to "destroy the Earth." Instead of "Let's call the Avengers (or the FF) and let them know what's going on."

How short their memories are...who led the fight against the Builders....and won. The Avengers...but whenever something like this comes up it comes down to "destroy the Earth." Instead of "Let's call the Avengers (or the FF) and let them know what's going on."
    It's all, "What have you done for me lately?"

Really, the earth heroes have won against pretty much everyone. Skrulls, Kree, Shiar, Galactus, Thanos, Builders, Beyonders, etc.

Not only should the Kree and Skrulls respect the earth (or earth heroes at least) more, they should frankly FEAR them at this point. They frankly should be smart enough to just shut up, get out of the Avengers way, and let them fix thing.

Obviously the aliens will never ever be written that way, but that's probably what realistically should happen at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Who are the narrators in this issue?
    Carol and kinda Quoi - though Quoi has external narration, so not sure it counts.

Really, the earth heroes have won against pretty much everyone. Skrulls, Kree, Shiar, Galactus, Thanos, Builders, Beyonders, etc.

Not only should the Kree and Skrulls respect the earth (or earth heroes at least) more, they should frankly FEAR them at this point. They frankly should be smart enough to just shut up, get out of the Avengers way, and let them fix thing.

Obviously the aliens will never ever be written that way, but that's probably what realistically should happen at this point.
    Yes, realistically, Earth heroes should be respected, but I feel, aliens don’t like to be relegated to spectators in their own stories, so, yes, jealousy is a big factor.

And another unrelated thought, (but in the same logical frame of mind), there have been sprinkled comments in the books that the normal people can’t tell the heroes from the villains. After all, the heroes are still considered to have lead to Secret Wars because the Illuminati failed to include Doctor Doom into their confidence, when Dr Strange and Reed Richards ignored Dooms help. The same Dr Strange Doom killed in Secret Wars. The constant merry-go-round of senseless fights the heroes and villains get into is unsustainable for a normal society. If the hero’s and villains acted like normal society they would form different political parties and people would Vote one or the other in for a 4 year term, not fight it out wrecking whole neighbourhoods.

Pretty sure the Skrulls at least refer to Jessica Drew as The Slayer (as of the Hopeless Spider-Woman run) and Bobbi Morse as The Ghost (I need confirmation on this). So there's that
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast