Page 7 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Another Marvel event. Colour me bored.

And you can't forget the buzzword filled hype-trailer. I might put together a Bingo card for the next one as there is a boring formula to them and makes them less than "hype".
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

The Avengers teaming up with the FF. Hell yeah. They’ve got my interest. Also having Al Ewing teaming up on the writing is awesome.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Another Marvel event. Colour me bored.

And you can't forget the buzzword filled hype-trailer. I might put together a Bingo card for the next one as there is a boring formula to them and makes them less than "hype".
    At this point,I really do agree

Nothing events wide had had my interest since the recent secret wars

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    At this point,I really do agree

Nothing events wide had had my interest since the recent secret wars
    Even War of the Realms boiled to generic alien invasion.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Nah this looks kinda of ineffectual. I mean all of sudden out off nowhere Skrulls and Kree declare war. There is literally no buildup at all.
    Last edited by Vishop_; 01-02-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Even War of the Realms boiled to generic alien invasion.
    Well I'm no fan of Aaron's Thor at all

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop_ View Post
    Nah this looks kinda of ineffectual. I mean all of sudden out off nowhere Skrulls and Kree declare war. There is literally no buildup at all.
    Well, we do have 2 months before this title is released, yes?

Incoming was the seed planter. Now those seeds gotta grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Too soon.
    toosoon.jpg
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was thinking about Mantis and the Cotati's potential involvement in this... and kind of went down a rabbit hole of a theory. One thing I remembered is that her wedding to the Cotati Elder (as a result of the Celestial Madonna prophecy) was officiated by Immortus, one of the many aliases of Nathaniel Richards, AKA Kang, The Conqueror. It's also worth noting that it was a double wedding, with the other pairing being Vision/Scarlet Witch. Years later, on Avengers Forever, it was revealed that Immortus had ulterior motives to make Wanda marry Vision (he didn't want her to conceive kids and thought that she wouldn't by marrying a synthezoid; he was obviously wrong about that). The point I'm trying to make is, what if the wedding of Mantis to the elder was also a part of a greater scheme? And the reason why I think Immortus is a key character here is because Tom Brevoort is saying that the origin of the Young Avengers is relevant to Empyre. He could've just said the origin of Hulkling, but he mentioned the entire team. The YA were, as we know, founded by the same person who would one day grow up to become Immortus. In conclusion:

I mean, I could be way off. But it's an interesting puzzle, and we know Al loves his puzzles.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Well, we do have 2 months before this title is released, yes?

Beware the trees!!!!!!!1!!!111
    "Cable was right!"

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Too soon.
    toosoon.jpg
    Beware Groot!
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member

I don't get it. Is the new Kree-Skrull's army going to attack Earth, or the Cotati? Honestly, if the Cotati are looking for revenge after what the Kree and the Skrulls did to them, I think they are in the right. The Avengers and the Fantastic Four should help the Cotati.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't get it. Is the new Kree-Skrull's army going to attack Earth, or the Cotati? Honestly, if the Cotati are looking for revenge after what the Kree and the Skrulls did to them, I think they are in the right. The Avengers and the Fantastic Four should help the Cotati.
    I don’t think either team would be crazy about helping the Cotati murder other races for revenge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I don’t think either team would be crazy about helping the Cotati murder other races for revenge.
    True, but considering everything the Skrulls and the Kree have caused to Earth, they shouldn't have any reason to help them. Their only concern should be keep the aliens out of their planet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    True, but considering everything the Skrulls and the Kree have caused to Earth, they shouldn't have any reason to help them. Their only concern should be keep the aliens out of their planet.
    Many members of the avengers are aliens. And at least the Kree wouldnt be on Earth if their home planet wouldnt have been destroyed by the Xmen in the black vortex event.