Page 76 of 120 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    So. This could be many things. At first I was worried that this was a funeral, but then I saw she was wearing what looked to be a dress (like something you'd wear at a wedding) SO, I'm resigning myself to believing Kate is crying happy tears at her dork best friends getting married!

Art from Empyre Aftermath: Avengers-

https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...891308544?s=19
    There going to kill teddy arent they ? Dam you tree people

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Oh God Disassembled part 2 Gays Edition Space Opera Demiurge Style. SMH

Ewing I think won't kill Teddy but then again...Marvel is trying to please the Wednesday Warriors again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Kate doesn't **** with She-Hulk enough to shed tears over her death, Billy or Teddy on the otherhand... ... Who also might I remind you never met Fuse and Alloy.
    Fuse is standing behind her in that sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    They better not kill him or Billy.

Someone I was talking to earlier proposed someone else they might kill that could make Kate sad: Prodigy.
    Krakoa's apparently about to be attacked and David did just get brought back to life in X-Factor implying he got killed at some point...and if not in that dumb cult-y death ritual Hickman made...maybe in a fight/attack by invading salad people.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Fuse is standing behind her in that sketch.
    No someone above said Fuse and Alloy don't look sad my reason is they never met Billy and Tedddy therefore no reason to look sad.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess something like that would make sense but I prefer for him to actually stay as the ruler.

He can still show up in other books including a YA relaunch, writers will just have to get a bit creative.
    I also want him to stay as a ruler for as long as possible. I was just trying to come up with an excuse as to who would probably conveniently fill in for him when he's not around. Another option I was thinking is making Teddy a representative of the Kree/Skrulls but exclusively on Earth. He would kind of be the royal ambassador on Earth, being responsible for the relations between the Kree/Skrull Empire and Earth governments, while someone else would be responsible for taking care of the space stuff. I guess that could be a good way to make sure that he has a reason to spend most of his time on Earth, while also keeping him connected enough to the Empire that he could pop up there every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Was Marv respected by the Kree?

Wasn't he considered a traitor? From my recollection the Skrulls showed up at his death to honor him, but the Kree blew him off.
    I meant respected in the larger sense, as in, respected by the Marvel Universe. Plus, I don't recall the Kree ever having a problem with Mar-Vell's legacy being carried on by his family. They didn't seem to have a problem with Genis-Vell when he was Captain Marvel, and they actively sought out Teddy on Earth and fought with the Skrulls over him when they discovered he was there. So regardless of how they felt about Mar and his actions, I do think they want to see his children prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I have a bit of a question that's tangentially related to Empyre. In Al Ewing's New Avengers, the first arc that sort of jumpstarted this whole thing with Empyre ended with a timeline realignment for future versions of Billy and Teddy. Future Teddy was a king (which, interestingly enough, he mentioned being king during another war, hmmm...) and after the shenanigans with that Cthulhu looking guy ended, he gets transported to a future where him and Billy are basically semi-retired and living lakeside on what appears to be Earth.

Since they changed things that occured in this timeline, does that technically mean the "Happily Ever After" ending he gave them is canon for them now? Or like, did that just branch off of 616? I'm not too versed on how that stuff works :/

I ask that because that might give an idea for how long his reign could last and how this might all end. He still had Excelsior in that future as well and there's no indication he suddenly wasn't a king/former king, so I'm wondering if Earth (or the solar system) sort of becomes a hub for the Alliance after this (indicated by the new role for Earth mentioned in the promo for post-Empyre). It let's Teddy stay close (and even have some adventures on Earth) while still maintaining Emperor status.
    I wouldn't worry too much about alternative futures, because most of the time they don't mean anything to the present time. And If I recall correctly, Teddy was King Hulk in that AU, which definitely doesn't fit with his Emperor Dorrek-Vell shtick. I actually won't be surprised if Empyre ends with him getting rid of the Hulkling name at last.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    They better not kill him or Billy.

Someone I was talking to earlier proposed someone else they might kill that could make Kate sad: Prodigy.
    Krakoa's apparently about to be attacked and David did just get brought back to life in X-Factor implying he got killed at some point...and if not in that dumb cult-y death ritual Hickman made...maybe in a fight/attack by invading salad people.
    I prefer if they don't kill any of the Young Avengers, but if it does happen, I guess David would be the less worst option, since death is pretty much inconsequential for mutants right now.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-31-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No someone above said Fuse and Alloy don't look sad my reason is they never met Billy and Tedddy therefore no reason to look sad.
    But I also don't see them laughing when a friend of (girl)friend dies.

They better not kill the gays. I will take it personally and as homophobic. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Correct. Death of Captain Marvel was released January 12, 1982, and Fantastic Four #257, the issue in which the Skrull throneworld was destroyed, in August 1983. Anelle must've been unaware of Mar-Vell's death.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marve..._Novel_Vol_1_1
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_257
    Good work! I remember it was in proximity. We can mostly assume (or, you can help, since I don't recall) that Mar-Vell may have moved on from the original SKRull -Kree war without knowing he had fathered a child. Anelle, her mother, others were obviously trying to cover on their side. I seem to recall the early young avengers explaining how a SKRULL imitated a parent for Hulking. At some point Mar-Vell's consciousness is a bigger thing and/or told him about the birth, and possibly even Anelle's fate. who knows?

Yeah, Mar-Vell never knew he had kids. He must've left Anelle when she was pregnant, and his other kids Genis and Phyla are genetically engineered. Teddy always thought Mary-Jo Altman was his real mother, until just before she died (in the original YA series) where she revealed the truth, that she was a Skrull maid (Teddy didn't even know he was a Skrull or Kree before this, he assumed he was a human mutant), sent to Earth with Teddy as the Throneworld was about to be destroyed (shades of Superman there!), and she took human form and raised him as her own, having arrived on Earth to find Mar-Vell had died.

The problem though, is that the timeline didn't add up. Empyre added a retcon to fix it - time travel is now involved in their journey to Earth. Considering Teddy's age, they must've now arrived before the Fantastic Four got their powers, and therefore, before Mar-Vell was even on Earth. Same result - Mar isn't there to give Teddy to so Mary-Jo raises him herself. Teddy did eventually think he'd met Mar-Vell, but this was actually a Skrull who believed he was Mar-Vell, and when told that he was dead from cancer (I think he was told about Teddy at the same time), believed he must've time travelled from before then and got amnesia.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I remember the SkRULL who thought he was Mar-Vell. Given the ages of Teddy, he would have to be time-traveling, I guess. Sometimes you just have to move on and not spend a lot of time, because... his love is nearly his age, right? So did the reincarnation of Wanda's children also go into the past. My head is blowing up. I was aware of the stories where the other children were test tubes; I still see them as legitimate heirs.

Crazy marvel time line but like I said, just have to ignore some of that.

https.Tizzy

Has anyone read this so far? i just picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I remember the SkRULL who thought he was Mar-Vell. Given the ages of Teddy, he would have to be time-traveling, I guess. Sometimes you just have to move on and not spend a lot of time, because... his love is nearly his age, right? So did the reincarnation of Wanda's children also go into the past. My head is blowing up. I was aware of the stories where the other children were test tubes; I still see them as legitimate heirs.

Crazy marvel time line but like I said, just have to ignore some of that.
    Yeah, Billy and Tommy's reincarnation also involves being sent back in time. Heinberg screwed up the maths when he created the Young Avengers and other writers had to fix it later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Billy and Tommy's reincarnation also involves being sent back in time. Heinberg screwed up the maths when he created the Young Avengers and other writers had to fix it later.
    That or it was a "Heinberg planned to get to it later but never did"