Page 87 of 120 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    In #4, does anyone know what that FF armor that Tony was working on is?
    I assume it's going to have somewhat of a big role within the next two issues, because Slott was hyping this new armor up a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The optics of that would be really bad from a PR perspective. They've gotten a lot of buzz from the surprise Teddy/Billy marriage.

Immediately screwing that over would just piss off too many people now, even people who don't care about comics.

And they've already shown the cover for the reception
    I agree. I think at this point doing anything too damaging to Wiccan and Hulkling and/or their relationship would just backfire. I think they're safe for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I think its just that the first 5 books were not originally intended to come out weekly like that--it was a consequence of trying to get things caught up again once the pandemic shutdown was over. Now that they are more caught up, things are starting to slow down to a more normal schedule (same with CAPTAIN MARVEL--that book had multiple issues out in a single month due to the the EMPYRE tie-in issues, but after that it slows down to a monthly schedule again.

There are still several more EMPYRE tie-ins to come out, in miniseries, one-shots and tie-in issues of ongoing books--so they need a bit of a gap before the finale now to allow the rest of the tie-ins to finish coming out before the event ends.
    Aren't there only one or two issues left for the tie-ins? I don't think it would be a big deal if they were all spread out within the next two weeks alongside the final Empyre issues, even if some of them ended up coming out one week after the finale. Lords Of Empyre: Celestial Messiah came out one week after the Empyre issue it was supposed to tie-in to (Empyre #3), and it wasn't a problem. At this point a lot of things are not going to be linear in their schedule, and I think that's understandable due to the pandemic. The Miles Morales: Spider-Man book is getting a post-Champions issue a whole month before Champions even launches, for example.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-12-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Idk Kree/Skrull customs, but historically the spouse of the monarch does not need to be coronated.
    Yeah, Queen Elizabeth II's husband is a prince and a duke, but not a king. Billy would only be a prince, men married to a monarch don't automatically become the king.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Damnnn, they didn't have to make granny R'Klll THIS hot.

Speaking of which, do y'all remember that ''One Will Unite Them'' teaser from last year, with the evil eyes on the back? I think someone on Twitter just cracked that mystery: https://twitter.com/ChangoATX/status...04628801232896

Al Ewing was telling us the whole time!!! HIS MIND!!

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Just read it and

spoilers:
    I can't wait to see Billy, Teddy, Johnny and Carol woop K'rlll, Gloree, Kl'rt, and unfortunately Mur-g'nn's asses. I suspect the fight ends shortly to save room for Teddy vs Quoi. Unless their fight is one of the endless subversions/misdirections of this event and it never comes (something that I've noticed happening, and why I think some people may not be jiving with the event. Al does hit common beats, but he's definitely played with expectations a lot here)

I thought after Mur-g'nn sent Carol and Johnny to Billy and Teddy's place, and Kr'lt reacting the way he did in this issue, that they'd fight grandma bitch with the good guys, but it seems they're still loyal-ish. At least enough to join K'rllls attack.

And 9 minutes to save the galaxy? That's definitely a lot of stakes. Might even fill a whole buffet with them. And on T'challa, I also think that's a misdirection. I bet last minute he rises up and is the one that kills Swordsman and/or Quoi.
    end of spoilers

Overall, very good issue imo! Sucks we have to wait, but at least we got more wedding panels and BillyTeddy content.

spoilers:
    I wonder if Johnny is gonna try and absorb the excess heat from the sun. The cover for issue 6 has him looking hurt...
    Reed in the armor is interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing what it does.
    I expect Super Skrull to join the others as he seemed upset about being tricked.
    Interested to see how Sue, Ben, and Mantis deal with the She-Hulk problem.
    T'Challa ain't dead and definitely has a plan.
    end of spoilers
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

There is no way, no way in hell, that spoilers:
    T'challa died that unceremoniously. No way. The character has never truly died in the comics and is the most prominent black character out htere. There is no way he dies thta fast, that easy, with no fan fare at all
    end of spoilers

and then they turn around and call him an animal... come on Marvel. Hire some minorites for christ sake
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And in the Avengers tie-in...
    spoilers:
    Ka-Zar snaps Shanna out of Cotati control only to immediately be stabbed in the back! Another casualty?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I find it had to believe they're going to let this underwhelming event rack up a body count.

Astonishing Member

if I recall did someone said they had to try to hold Ewing back on the deaths?

I see people complaining about this event...and its far from perfect but honestly its the first event in ages I haven't despised.

I feel like with Empyre as a whole I'm missing huge chunks of the main story/impact due to the loss of tie ins, but at the same time as YA fan I'm getting everything I want so I'm Satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    if I recall did someone said they had to try to hold Ewing back on the deaths?
    Yeah, but what percentage of these "deaths" are even going to stick?

I'm not even talking about a death like Captain America got at the end of Civil War where he at least stayed dead longer than 2 seconds. I'd be shocked if this death even lasted one issue.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

That is the best Ben Grimm scene I’ve seen in such a LONG time.

Ewing to write FF please.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    That is the best Ben Grimm scene I’ve seen in such a LONG time.

Ewing to write FF please.
    It's nothing we haven't seen before, but it never gets old. You just can't keep good ol' Ben down.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's nothing we haven't seen before, but it never gets old. You just can't keep good ol' Ben down.
    Yep. It better because it’s Ben.
    Not seen him like this for such a long time. I miss the days when he was one of the most popular heroes in the MU.