Page 9 of 120 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

No, I think it is set in the past. It's meant to follow Secret Empire, but launched about a year later with Waid doing a filler run in between.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I can normally create some sort of timeline in my head for all the events, but Coate's series may as well be in a completely different reality. In fact, it actually might be...
    Can we make his BP an AU too?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Meras View Post
    Clearly not, but showing him being back before it happened in his own comics, and moreover with the same writer... Classic Marvel spoiling its own events I guess
    I wouldn't count this as spoiling anything.

I mean, the curiosity is about how Tony comes back, not the actual fact that he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I wouldn't count this as spoiling anything.

I mean, the curiosity is about how Tony comes back, not the actual fact that he will.
    I wouldn’t count it as spoiling either. Also you’re right. It’s about HOW Tony makes it back to where he belongs.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Can we make his BP an AU too?
    Now, now, even the stuff we don't agree with can still be canon. But damn is it a struggle to fit it in.

So as the new era starts (2020), we have two incoming. The Cotati incoming, a couple of murders portending Empyre, and, Galactus dropping on Asgard (Thor#1) portending the Star Winter. The Thor story should be considered over by the arrival of Empyre in May, but isn’t it coincidental that bodies come dropping out of the sky in two events in the ANAD?

I do hope the Star Winter (Thor#1) doesn’t disturb the Empyre drama later in spring. But the opening of the Strange Magic School, soon in April, does suggest the ANAD has made a serious shift this era. ANAD started with magic having been seriously curtailed, and the reinstatement Of magic, to my mind, changes everything. Maybe everything happening in this story cycle (2020), is because magic had been disturbed, but now it’s back to its full force? You never can predict what Black Panthers reality Stone did at the end of Secret Wars 2015 conclusion. I’d like to know what that character with the reality Stone is doing with it now? Was it Star?

The last time someone wished for a better world was in Fantastic Four #49, (2001) when Reed Richards and Franklin Richards used the Ultimate Nullifier last, and created the Dystopian world that bred HoM and Civil War, until it exploded in everyone’s faces. The next time someone wished for a better world was Black Panther supposedly using the Reality Stone to eventually give us ANAD. I wonder if this explodes in everyone’s faces too? What is that saying? Be careful what you wish for. It ends up nasty. Is Empyre really about the Cotati, or is it about the Wakanda Empire? I’d like to see that Wakanda Empire question resolved with the other Alien races.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-09-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Can we please get a Marvel Legends collector box with King Teddy, one of his knights and his beloved Demiurge?? I'll pay stupid amounts of cashy money!

Do you think this will tie into the X-Men's current status quo?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can we please get a Marvel Legends collector box with King Teddy, one of his knights and his beloved Demiurge?? I'll pay stupid amounts of cashy money!
    Don’t be giving Hasbro ideas. Cos knowing them they’ll put it as a SDCC exclusive, and I won’t be able to get it. I think I’d rather get them as singles figures well King Teddy and Demiurge. Knights, Glory, Tanalth I’d put in an Amazon box set.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Don’t be giving Hasbro ideas. Cos knowing them they’ll put it as a SDCC exclusive, and I won’t be able to get it. I think I’d rather get them as singles figures well King Teddy and Demiurge. Knights, Glory, Tanalth I’d put in an Amazon box set.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Do you think this will tie into the X-Men's current status quo?
    No. The Free Comic Book Day solicits tell us that the X books will have their own event going on - they won't be involved in Empyre.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Textless preview pages for Road To Empyre, with art by Mattias De Iulis:

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Many members of the avengers are aliens. And at least the Kree wouldnt be on Earth if their home planet wouldnt have been destroyed by the Xmen in the black vortex event.
    Was that before or after the Avengers of Earth saved the entire Kree Empire in Infinity? And remind me, did the X-Men actually destroy Hala or just fail to prevent it from being destroyed? I may have zoned out for large parts of Black Vortex.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Was that before or after the Avengers of Earth saved the entire Kree Empire in Infinity? And remind me, did the X-Men actually destroy Hala or just fail to prevent it from being destroyed? I may have zoned out for large parts of Black Vortex.
    Angel , Beast and Gamora were mad of power cosmic and went to the planet because Ronan took their precious Black Vortex. They began to search the black vortex destroying all the kree defenses , until they had to retreat . Json took adventage that the Kree defenses were down and destoryed the planet.

While they didnt destroy the planet on pourpose their actions lead to his destruction

To be fair, they weren't in their right minds - the only one to blame here is Star-Lord's father!