Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

They really haven't. I wonder if they will actually fight as the covers suggested or they'll save Quoi to become a villain for future stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    It CAN'T be.
    It CANNOT be a thing.
    QUOI CANNOT GET A SPIN OFF.

<collapses into a heap>
    The stupid plant psycho better not get a book before Teddy, Billy, and the YA.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    That is the best Ben Grimm scene I’ve seen in such a LONG time.

Ewing to write FF please.
    That scene was definitely a Slott thing because the same beat was in his Immortal Hulk fight.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Someone help me make a Quoi fancam, he's spittin facts tbh

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So while we unfortunately didn't get Empyre #6 this week, we did get the last issue of the Lords Of Empyre anthology, focused on Swordsman this time. It gave us more insight into the hatred the Cotati Elder feels for animals, and the radicalization of Quoi (which probably prompted the radicalization of more members of the species, since they saw him as a prophet). It was a pretty good, intense read. I feel like it was a necessary issue, because we never really got the backstory of the exact moment the Cotati went from peaceful to warmongers. This fills in the blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Valerio Schiti posted a cover hes working on to his IG and Twitter. The IG post is tagged with #Quoi and he teased something hes been working on. If Quoi gets a spinoff over YA or BillyTeddy, it'll be more proof 2020 is the worst timeline.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEEUVNGhk_R/
    So I assume this is the new book he was teasing on Twitter. I, for one, am very excited to see that Empyre is still being fruitful to Marvel. This seems to indicate Quoi makes it out alive and will still be active post-Empyre, which is interesting. I wonder what they're planning to do with him.

Also, I wouldn't fret. Quoi being on a new book is a GOOD thing for Teddy. It shows that Empyre is not really over, and there's still more stories to be explored within that narrative. If anything, I think this reinforces that Teddy will still have a role to play in future books. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out he will be on this very book Valerio is teasing.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I'd be fine with Quoi moving on to a new book (though if Billy and Teddy get shelved in the process....lemme walk over to Marvel HQ to fight someone) only if it's some sort of redemption story.

I'm gonna guess Swordsman is the K'rlll to Teddy's Quoi and will most likely end up dead, along with Teddy's grandma. Quoi probably either has a change of heart OR gets his ass beat so bad he retreats and leaves the Cotati to take the fall. Probably gets stranded/exiled in the process and we get some story about him unlearning his radicalization and maybe even have him reconnect with Mantis.

That being said, if that takes priority over Teddy and Billy's new status quo and/or a possible YA revival... Yeah, I wouldn't be too happy with that.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 08-19-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quoi for the YA with a rivalry with Teddy

I would guess this is for the second space book that Ewing talked about.

I was very happy with Empyre #5. It set up two very impossible threats to defeat in 10 minutes, which we can’t rationally believe will be solved by Reed and Tony. I can only imagine Dr Strange turning back time, or, Quoi not going through with the attacks and nullifying the Pyre somehow at the last minute. Nobody else can do the win. (And of course, Black Panther is not dead, neither is She-Hulk). The turncoat Skrull/Kree alliance has shown their hand at the end, and never wanted to install Teddy as Emperor.

I just have to wonder how this is supposed to appease the injustice perpetrated on the Cotati, or, are we just supposed to treat the tree people like COVID-19, and be justified in eliminating them? Like COVID-19, are we now supposed to live side by side with it from now on, as symbolically we are with the Cotati? It’s going to be interesting what the Fallout is of this event, with Quoi rumoured to be alive after, and Teddy and Billy getting their big wedding with everyone there. The Skrull/Kree alliance approach to Earth will also be intriguing. And with Quoi still around, I wonder if the Cotati will just slink away to return another day, or is there going to be some accomodation to the Cotati?

A wonderful penultimate issue to an event. Well done Marvel writers and editors.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-23-2020 at 06:03 AM.

I read the X-Men portion of this. It was good. I’m not interested in the overall event but it would be cool to get human Swordsman back and as an Avenger.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I was very happy with Empyre #5. It set up two very impossible threats to defeat in 10 minutes, which we can’t rationally believe will be solved by Reed and Tony. I can only imagine Dr Strange turning back time, or, Quoi not going through with the attacks and nullifying the Pyre somehow at the last minute. Nobody else can do the win. (And of course, Black Panther is not dead, neither is She-Hulk). The turncoat Skrull/Kree alliance has shown their hand at the end, and never wanted to install Teddy as Emperor.

I just have to wonder how this is supposed to appease the injustice perpetrated on the Cotati, or, are we just supposed to treat the tree people like COVID-19, and be justified in eliminating them? Like COVID-19, are we now supposed to live side by side with it from now on, as symbolically we are with the Cotati? It’s going to be interesting what the Fallout is of this event, with Quoi rumoured to be alive after, and Teddy and Billy getting their big wedding with everyone there. The Skrull/Kree alliance approach to Earth will also be intriguing. And with Quoi still around, I wonder if the Cotati will just slink away to return another day, or is there going to be some accomodation to the Cotati?

A wonderful penultimate issue to an event. Well done Marvel writers and editors.
    Don’t count Tony and Reed out. That’s two of the biggest brains in the 616. Also I enjoyed issue 5 as well. To be honest I have enjoyed every issue of Empyre. I think it’s been a fun read and I am really looking forward to issue 6 to see how it all ends.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

If Dr. Strange hasn't been introduced in the story yet, then I don't think we can count on him to appear in the last issue to save the day. I assume Reed and Tony have some sort of trick up their sleeve to deal with at least ONE of the problems.

As far as the tree people go... I think the nicest message would be to somehow build a bridge and allow them all to at least try and live peacefully together. But if either side just decided to flat out burn the Cotati down where they stand, they would be completely justified at this point. They were attemping to murder all non plant life in the universe (a stupid move since a lot of plant life to one degree or another is dependent on other animals to operate in an ecosystem), so they get what they get. They may get mercy because that's what super heroes do... but they don't necessarily deserve it.

Either way Quoi won't die. They have a new viable character, so killing him would be a waste.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That scene was definitely a Slott thing because the same beat was in his Immortal Hulk fight.
    Posting this again to correct this misconception..

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Ewing scripted the whole issue.
    Yep, that's definitely all Ewing.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...d-the-conflict

“I haven't written the Thing before now - I thought going in that he'd be quite straightforward, but once I started writing him, I could see how much depth was there, and how he'd react both when things were relatively easy and when he was fighting on his last ounce of strength, seconds from death. Which I guess is a spoiler of sorts! Sorry, Thing fans, but we're going to put the idol of millions through some tough times…”

--

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...he-galaxy/amp/

"Every time I write a new FF member, they become my favorite FF member. Case in point: The Thing. Just a couple of days ago I wrote a scene with Ben, and there's a reason he's one of the most beloved heroes Marvel has. I get a lot of "who's strongest" questions, being the writer of Hulk, and looking online I see a lot of people bragging -- or more likely complaining -- that their hero is, or isn't, displayed as strong enough. That they're getting jobbed, or winning in a single blow, or having "feats," or whatever. Ben isn't famous for winning fights; he's famous for not losing them. The Thing's strength is not that he can punch harder or lift more, or even take more punishment - it's that no matter what you do, he will never stay down. That, to me, means more than simple feats of strength."

--

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/03/24/em...ancient-magic/

“What one character you haven’t written before Empyre has been the most fun to write now?”

"Probably the ever-lovin’ blue-eyed Thing. There’s a particular moment in the story where he really clicked for me, and I felt like I “got” him on a visceral level – he might be one of my favorite Marvel characters now. Which doesn’t bode well for ol’ Greenskin in their eventual rematch…"

Ewing scripted the entire event after he and Slott plotted it and I wonder if Slott came up with the idea for the highlight scene for his favorite Marvel character in the story before Ewing wrote it out

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Scripting doesn’t mean Ewing plotted it. Especially when Slott just used the same plot point in FF 12-13.