Page 91 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

do we feel the pacing of this event is too fast or just right
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    do we feel the pacing of this event is too fast or just right
    I think it's off because we're missing some of the tie ins.

I can't help but think the invasion of Wakanda side of the story would feel completely different if the 3 part invasion of Wakanda book wasn't cancelled. Empyre wasn't the most self contained event book... a lot of stuff was happening on the side which we ended up not being able to see, and I think that hurt the book.

I still think it's pretty good and enjoyable, but I feel like I'm missing too much.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It’s the best crossover I’ve read in some time, but it’s missing something. Not sure I can put my thumb on exactly what that is, but this is one story I’m sure I’ll read multiple times. Hopefully when Marvel gives this the TPB/Omni treatment, they’ll include the missing minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s the best crossover I’ve read in some time, but it’s missing something. Not sure I can put my thumb on exactly what that is, but this is one story I’m sure I’ll read multiple times. Hopefully when Marvel gives this the TPB/Omni treatment, they’ll include the missing minis.
    In total agreement here. There is a little something missing, but I have still enjoyed every issue as I said before. The main mini I wanted to read was the Wakanda one. I would have loved to see BP leading Wakanda against the Coati be more in depth. There was so much more to show.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    In total agreement here. There is a little something missing, but I have still enjoyed every issue as I said before. The main mini I wanted to read was the Wakanda one. I would have loved to see BP leading Wakanda against the Coati be more in depth. There was so much more to show.
    For me, it was the Squadron Supreme and the Union minis I was most interested in, but the Black Panther one was certainly up there. I love the idea of other countries having their own superhuman teams on the payroll. One thing that has been most enjoyable on Aaron’s Avengers run is his focus and development for the Winter Guard, as well as the Defenders of the Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Agreed on both counts. I can't remember a Marvel event I've enjoyed this much in a long time (maybe that Incredible Hercules one that I can't remember the name of). And I think the Agents of Wakanda book would have fleshed things out more.

For me, it was the Squadron Supreme and the Union minis I was most interested in, but the Black Panther one was certainly up there. I love the idea of other countries having their own superhuman teams on the payroll. One thing that has been most enjoyable on Aaron’s Avengers run is his focus and development for the Winter Guard, as well as the Defenders of the Deep.
    The only thing I’ve liked on Aaron’s run have been the Squadron Supreme, Winter Guard and the Defenders of the Deep. Very disappointed that the Squadron mini was cancelled.

Unfortunately the art for those axed books was never completed. There's maybe art for one issue of each, and just scripts, if anything, for the rest. There may not even be that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The only thing I’ve liked on Aaron’s run have been the Squadron Supreme, Winter Guard and the Defenders of the Deep. Very disappointed that the Squadron mini was cancelled.
    Mostly agreed, except I've been really interested in seeing how this global superhuman arms race (represented by the Squadron Supreme of America, the Winter Guard from Russia, and Namor's Defenders of the Deep) Aaron's been building up ultimately turns out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mostly agreed, except I've been really interested in seeing how this global superhuman arms race (represented by the Squadron Supreme of America, the Winter Guard from Russia, and Namor's Defenders of the Deep) Aaron's been building up ultimately turns out.
    This. I really want to see the global community of superhumans delve into, and enriched. I’m still stanning for a Winter Guard continuous minis, like we had with Pak’s Agents of Atlas.

Ultimate Member

This. I really want to see the global community of superhumans delve into, and enriched. I’m still stanning for a Winter Guard continuous minis, like we had with Pak’s Agents of Atlas.
    Agreed. I'm super interested in knowing what's up with British, Canadian, Russian (Winter Guard), Chinese (People's Defense Force), Japanese (Big Hero 6!), etc. teams of heroes. As well as more solo international heroes like Sabra or le Peregrine.

A team of heroes from Africa (that has nothing to do with Wakanda), or Brazil, or Turkey, or Greece, could be neat, to mix things up. Even the foreign teams tend to be white foreigners (Canada, Britain) or maybe Asians.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

New preview for #6!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=98002931

spoilers:
    Can I just say YAY to Billy taking part in saving the sun with Johnny and Carol? Al writes such a good, powerful, and useful Billy, it's refreshing. Plus, it's so cute that Teddy calls him Hon during battle lol!

And I love seeing him take charge like that. Since most of Empyre has had him a little flimsy (understandably so though) it's so cool to see him be like, "my people need me, go on ahead!"

Overall, seems like it's a race to save the world! Wonder which side of the conflict Reed and Tony go for, since it seems like the classic "save one or the other" scenario. I'm betting it's Wakanda and they use the new suit to destroy the Death Blossom, with the help of T'challa, who I'm sure is biding his time to us Excelsior to deal the final blow
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>Carol
    >Sun about to explode
    >Binary powers stopped a sun from exploding in Operation galactic storm
    >Enough people around to give her energy and activate her binary powers between wiccan, Johnny, and Teddy along with magic
    >Next arc of Captain Marvel takes place in the future somehow, white holes, the source of her binary powers are temporal anomalies and there's enough magic around for this weirdness

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

It was confirmed that the missing miniseries would be included in the upcoming Empyre omnibus for 2021.

It's a bit early to get this preview but I'm not complaining, seems like it'll be a busy issue