Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This. I really want to see the global community of superhumans delve into, and enriched. I’m still stanning for a Winter Guard continuous minis, like we had with Pak’s Agents of Atlas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. I'm super interested in knowing what's up with British, Canadian, Russian (Winter Guard), Chinese (People's Defense Force), Japanese (Big Hero 6!), etc. teams of heroes. As well as more solo international heroes like Sabra or le Peregrine.

A team of heroes from Africa (that has nothing to do with Wakanda), or Brazil, or Turkey, or Greece, could be neat, to mix things up. Even the foreign teams tend to be white foreigners (Canada, Britain) or maybe Asians.
    Those would be cool to see. I'd especially like a new Alpha Flight series, and a team of African heroes outside Wakanda would be interesting, at least as a foil to Black Panther.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It was confirmed that the missing miniseries would be included in the upcoming Empyre omnibus for 2021.
    Really you being Legit? Cause I swear that would make Empyre damn near perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It was confirmed that the missing miniseries would be included in the upcoming Empyre omnibus for 2021.
    Wow, that's pretty cool.

Do you have a link or something which talks about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    New preview for #6!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=98002931

spoilers:
    Can I just say YAY to Billy taking part in saving the sun with Johnny and Carol? Al writes such a good, powerful, and useful Billy, it's refreshing. Plus, it's so cute that Teddy calls him Hon during battle lol!

And I love seeing him take charge like that. Since most of Empyre has had him a little flimsy (understandably so though) it's so cool to see him be like, "my people need me, go on ahead!"

Overall, seems like it's a race to save the world! Wonder which side of the conflict Reed and Tony go for, since it seems like the classic "save one or the other" scenario. I'm betting it's Wakanda and they use the new suit to destroy the Death Blossom, with the help of T'challa, who I'm sure is biding his time to us Excelsior to deal the final blow
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for sharing the preview. Really looking forward to Reed using the armor that Tony built to see what it can do. This has been a fun event. Now let’s see how the heroes are going to stop the Coati from taking over basically the universe and stop the Pyre from killin the sun.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for sharing the preview. Really looking forward to Reed using the armor that Tony built to see what it can do. This has been a fun event. Now let’s see how the heroes are going to stop the Coati from taking over basically the universe and stop the Pyre from killin the sun.
    There's also Thor. He's out there too on a quest for something. Hopefully that will actually matter to the story and he wasn't just taken off the board just so that the Avengers biggest gun wasn't around to make things easier for the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There's also Thor. He's out there too on a quest for something. Hopefully that will actually matter to the story and he wasn't just taken off the board just so that the Avengers biggest gun wasn't around to make things easier for the bad guys.
    Great point XPac. I completely forgot about Thor. Hopefully we get to see what he was up to. Another missed tie in.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Really you being Legit? Cause I swear that would make Empyre damn near perfect!
    This is the first I've heard. As far as I knew they told everyone pencils down and the ones that were cancelled were never finished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This is the first I've heard. As far as I knew they told everyone pencils down and the ones that were cancelled were never finished.
    I remember you saying this which is why I'm a need to see a link of direct confirmation, you'd figure some site would have posted this by now if it's true.

spoilers:
    Also I need to say this cause it's festering Megan, Morgan, MurGoon, whatever the **** her name is, is proving to be a hating flop she failed me, hoe done turned fake on my boys, her services will no longer be required in the grand scheme of the Empyre. Now that co Emperor Billy is around she can go back to whatever dead desolate planet her and her gang of genetic mistakes were occupying
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Journey; 08-24-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Also I need to say this cause it's festering Megan, Morgan, MurGoon, whatever the **** her name is, is proving to be a hating flop she failed me, hoe done turned fake on my boys, her services will no longer be required in the grand scheme of the Empyre. Now that co Emperor Billy is around she can go back to whatever dead desolate planet her and her gang of genetic mistakes were occupying
    Why? spoilers:
    Unlike the end of issue #5 where it looked like she sided with Fakeling over the real Teddy, this preview makes it clear that Kl'rt and Mur-G'nn aren't fighting against Teddy. In fact the only reason any Kree or Skrulls are fighting is due to some sort of telepathic influence forcing them to attack each other.

Gla-Ree is a full on traitor though
    end of spoilers

Also she isn't any more of a genetic mistake than Teddy himself

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Why? spoilers:
    Unlike the end of issue #5 where it looked like she sided with Fakeling over the real Teddy, this preview makes it clear that Kl'rt and Mur-G'nn aren't fighting against Teddy. In fact the only reason any Kree or Skrulls are fighting is due to some sort of telepathic influence forcing them to attack each other.

Gla-Ree is a full on traitor though
    end of spoilers

Also she isn't any more of a genetic mistake than Teddy himself
    Petty Reasons

spoilers:
    she just seems wishy washy to me I don't like her, u say it looks like she sided against fakeling in issue 5 yet sis still attacks our main squad, even in the preview she's attacking Billy, and in the grand scheme of things with Billy around she has no real purpose as court magician just not feeling her, and she talked **** in Lords of Empyre I hold grudges
    end of spoilers

Petty Reasons

spoilers:
    she just seems wishy washy to me I don't like her, u say it looks like she sided against fakeling in issue 5 yet sis still attacks our main squad, even in the preview she's attacking Billy, and in the grand scheme of things with Billy around she has no real purpose as court magician just not feeling her, and she talked **** in Lords of Empyre I hold grudges
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Okay I missed the bit where she attacked Billy.
    Billy hasn't actually studied magic, so even though he's massively powerful he would be a terrible Court Magician because the whole point of that role is understanding and identifying the other types of magic that are a threat to the kingdom. That boy needs to get his own job rather than get one handed to him because he's sleeping with the boss.

Also Mur-G'nn just doesn't trust reality warpers, she's probably heard about screw ups like Wanda and is rightfully wary.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those would be cool to see. I'd especially like a new Alpha Flight series, and a team of African heroes outside Wakanda would be interesting, at least as a foil to Black Panther.
    Lol, where do you think you are??? We don't need to see a team full of African heroes crammed down our throats. Let's just stay nice and safe with European looking heroes that everyone can love! ...Sarcasm aside, I'm feeling like there are so many mystical, and mythical concepts that can be incorporated into just one African based team.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, where do you think you are??? We don't need to see a team full of African heroes crammed down our throats. Let's just stay nice and safe with European looking heroes that everyone can love! ...Sarcasm aside, I'm feeling like there are so many mystical, and mythical concepts that can be incorporated into just one African based team.
    Omg this could be epic. The next writer of Black Panther should really delve into this. Or someone suggest it to Jason Aaron for his Avengers run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Omg this could be epic. The next writer of Black Panther should really delve into this. Or someone suggest it to Jason Aaron for his Avengers run.
    I'm surprised that more Black Panther writers haven't explored the idea of other state-sponsored African heroes. Africa's easily the most under-represented continent (relative to it's size and number of appearances) when it comes to this concept. I think a Captain Nigeria would be a great frenemy for T'Challa lol.