Page 94 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They probably need an epilogue book of some sort for this event, because they do have a lot to squeeze into one final issue. Obviously we have tie ins too, but I think this event is too relient on them to tell the story. The main book really seems to be missing a lot.
    Well Valerio spoiled Quoi survives so maybe an Empyre ongoing when this is done?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So ultimately, spoilers:
    It's Liz Allan's fault? She's the owner of Alchemax.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If Tiberius Stone is still around, maybe we could blame him instead, but since Liz is CEO . . .
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They probably need an epilogue book of some sort for this event, because they do have a lot to squeeze into one final issue. Obviously we have tie ins too, but I think this event is too relient on them to tell the story. The main book really seems to be missing a lot.
    There is not one, but two epilogues for Empyre: Fantastic Four Fallout and Avengers Aftermath, both coming on September 9th. And then there's the yet to be announced book with Quoi that Valerio teased...

There is also an Empyre Black King tie in called Web of Venom: Empyres End due for release in October..
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 08-27-2020 at 01:01 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I really feel that this series is suffering from the cancellation of the Black Panther and Thor tie ins.
    Especially the Black Panther one.
    It will be interesting how issue# 6 crams everything into it.
    I have really enjoyed this mini series.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be nice. And even the Cotati have reasons, it turns out. Have you checked Lords of Empyre: Swordsman? Apparently . . .

spoilers:
    It's Alchemax being a bunch of greedy f***wits that couldn't wait 30 years for Quoi's branch to grow and decided to raid and destroy the Cotati grove Swordsman was hibernating in that sparked Quoi's and Swordsman's desire for revenge against all non-plant life.
    end of spoilers
    No, I haven’t read that yet as my comic shop waits to ship bi-weekly, so I have to wait till then. But it is good to know. You never have the story of how this unfolded until you get all the relevant tie-ins like X-pac says.

Mighty Member

Was there a Squadron Supreme focused tie-in for "Empyre"?
    (More properly, did the Squadron tie-in actually come out?)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Was there a Squadron Supreme focused tie-in for "Empyre"?
    (More properly, did the Squadron tie-in actually come out?)
    I believe there was one scheduled, but it was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I really feel that this series is suffering from the cancellation of the Black Panther and Thor tie ins.
    Especially the Black Panther one.
    It will be interesting how issue# 6 crams everything into it.
    I have really enjoyed this mini series.
    Yeah. Those tie ins were important. I would have loved to have read them. Although I am still enjoying the hell out of Empyre.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

I believe there was one scheduled, but it was cancelled.
    How have the other tie-ins been? (Is it worth buying the inevitable compilation?)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

How have the other tie-ins been? (Is it worth buying the inevitable compilation?)
    The captain America one is pointless, X-Men was it's own thing in both issue, and the tie-in, Avengers was a cluster fuck of them just getting owned and completely chaotic. Lords of Empyre provides much needed backstory/motive for Hulkling, Quoi, and Swordsman, prelude was good, Fantastic 4 again is it's own thing using the event to push another plot along, Captain Marvel is also it's own thing but Carol as Accuser is fun, that's all the ones I've read.

I feel all the good interesting tie ins were cancelled and I'm not pleased with that.

Honestly I think the preludes are probably the only books you NEED to buy.

Part of me feels that some of the more important tie-ins ended up not being published, like the Invasion of Wakanda. But I wonder if we'll ever know for sure.

I will say this though... if they do an inevitable compliation with some of the missing parts, I'm probably going to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The captain America one is pointless, X-Men was it's own thing in both issue, and the tie-in, Avengers was a cluster fuck of them just getting owned and completely chaotic. Lords of Empyre provides much needed backstory/motive for Hulkling, Quoi, and Swordsman, prelude was good, Fantastic 4 again is it's own thing using the event to push another plot along, Captain Marvel is also it's own thing but Carol as Accuser is fun, that's all the ones I've read.

I feel all the good interesting tie ins were cancelled and I'm not pleased with that.
    Actually the Fantastic Four tie in might be more relevant than we thought

spoilers:
    I think the latest preview shows that the Priests of Pama are using the Kree Chronicle (the kid the FF liberated) to send out that Carrier Wave that's turned the Kree and Skrulls against each other in issue 6 of Empyre
    end of spoilers

Ewing said that Fantastic Four had the only important tie-in.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Actually the Fantastic Four tie in might be more relevant than we thought

spoilers:
    I think the latest preview shows that the Priests of Pama are using the Kree Chronicle (the kid the FF liberated) to send out that Carrier Wave that's turned the Kree and Skrulls against each other in issue 6 of Empyre
    end of spoilers
    Ooh you right IDK how that slipped my mind.