Page 97 of 120 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

I wouldn't call it "stealth YA/Teddy and Billy event". It was clear from the beginning that Hulkling was the key character the whole thing sort of revolved around. It's not like Marvel tried to hide it. And Billy didn't really get that much spotlight. He's only in half the issues and only showed up in one of them towards the end. He didn't really get any more spotlight than most of the Avengers like Carol, T'Challa, Tony, etc...

Fantastic Member

I loved this event, that Thor look looked amazing, I wish we had gotten the Gaea story to know more. Maybe we’ll get it one day.

In which tie-in was Robbie supposed to be? spoilers:
    He didn't even get to show up since episode #2 and he didn't even get a moment or a puncline in that last issue like Thor or Cap. Short end of the stick.
    end of spoilers

That being said, spoilers:
    it's an improvement that Hulkling is now the king of the Skrulls and Kree. I hope that Ewing stays in charge of space for some time, because I'm sure there are already writers itching to bring things back to "evil Skrulls and Kree" or to ignore that new statut quo.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by mugiwara; 09-02-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I liked Empyre, but sadly it suffered for the cut of some tie-ins like the one of Thor (which could have explained how he got the power to beat the Coati magicians) or the Strikeforce (which probably would have told how Billy and co rescued Teddy), or the Agents of Wakanda mini series. I think that Marvel did a mistake canceling some of those tie-ins (especially as some of the could have showed how threatening the Coati were outside the main event).
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 09-02-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone know if Ewing has plans for Mantis in his Guardians of the Galaxy book?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Does anyone know if Ewing has plans for Mantis in his Guardians of the Galaxy book?
    He hasn't mentioned anything to my Knowledge anyway. However it's clear as day the Quoi and Mantis drama is far from over, and Valerio was teasing Quoi art so I'm sure she'll be popping up somewhere sometime soon.

spoilers:
    BTW are we just supposed to be okay with Captain Gla-Rhee/whatever the hell his name is cause I'm not dude is a traitorous snake who should be beheaded accordingly.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    spoilers:
    BTW are we just supposed to be okay with Captain Gla-Rhee/whatever the hell his name is cause I'm not dude is a traitorous snake who should be beheaded accordingly.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Teddy's more or less forgiven Kl'rt for killing his mom. He can forgive Gla-Rhee for helping grandma, he turned against her in the end anyways
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    Teddy's more or less forgiven Kl'rt for killing his mom. He can forgive Gla-Rhee for helping grandma, he turned against her in the end anyways
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Just one public execution!! Just one come on!! I know Teddy is a soft boi love that for him honestly but blatant treason and an admission of guilt he can't just ignore that at least fire dude
    end of spoilers

My feelings towards this event were quite neutral. The story was so simple with a lot of predictable plot twist, but the execution was solid. Glad it was short because it would have gotten on my nerves had it been dragged out. At least Hulkling and Wiccan fans have a lot to be happy about. I know Strike Force is cancelled, so hopefully the two of them won't be shelved after this.
    Last edited by Dipter; 09-02-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    In which tie-in was Robbie supposed to be? spoilers:
    He didn't even get to show up since episode #2 and he didn't even get a moment or a puncline in that last issue like Thor or Cap. Short end of the stick.
    end of spoilers
    This one?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Empyr..._Rider_Vol_1_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Overall, I thought Empyre was "decent" as an event and largly hampered by all the canceled issues that had major story plots. But as a Al Ewing fan, this was a disappointment.

But I want him to write another event when he isn't being handicapped by writing a dozen books and a couple on-goings at the same time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Overall, I thought Empyre was "decent" as an event and largly hampered by all the canceled issues that had major story plots. But as a Al Ewing fan, this was a disappointment.

But I want him to write another event when he isn't being handicapped by writing a dozen books and a couple on-goings at the same time.
    I feel that it would’ve been better if he didn’t have to set up so much in the event, and had to set it up in an ongoing before hand like if he were writing the main Avengers title

Ultimate Member

I'm honestly a little disappointed in this event.

I simply don't understand why every event needs to have some flavor of personal betrayal, even if this one was pretty far removed. And turning what had been the most peaceful race of aliens into space nazis, who must be defeated by the previous space nazis? Not loving it. Would have been nice if there was more 'there', IMO

Daaaamn.

Journey got herself a thirst for blood that just don't quit. hahaha.

You good babe? All this "Teddy needs to OFF WITH THEY HEADS NAOW" and this "BILLY SHOULD DISMEMBER THESE FOOLS" energy got me worried you need a sandwich baby doll.