Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That was also TEN YEARS AGO at a time when she had no agency of her own AT ALL. She's evolved WELL past that since then.
    And we HAVEN'T seen her RESOLVE these ISSUES in any MEANINGFUL way inthose TEN years so WHY would you WANT them to be IGNORED oh WAIT I KNOW.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Because if it got resolved in one page it wouldnt be a story. Its obvious Kwannon is going to have that talk with Betsy now that the idea has been introduced. I wonder if her issues get X23 AND Cable captured and thats why Hellions are formed to rescue them.
    But we have already seen Betsy try to talk to her several times. Once in Excalibur where she said something telepathic we couldn't hear, and once in fallen angel when she tried to talk to her and kwannon shut her down. I just feel like she is running from all her problems and it doesn't make sense to me that cable who is a telepath (though by this book it doesn't seem cable has any powers despite the techno virus not seeming to be a problem) and laura whose heightened senses let her smell things are all like "yessss Yesssss! she gets us, we'll follow her anywhere"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Dakken can play her like a taiko drum.
    I don't know what book you're reading, but flat-out wrong. Laura has already shown him repeatedly that while she may give him a little more leash than some people do, she's not going to take any **** from him (which is part of why he respects her in the first place).

BANNED

And we HAVEN'T seen her RESOLVE these ISSUES in any MEANINGFUL way inthose TEN years so WHY would you WANT them to be IGNORED oh WAIT I KNOW.
    Because it HAS been (very cute. BTW, trying to mock the emphasis with random caps doesn't make you look clever). That's been the entire point of her development over the last decade.

Psylocke talking toBetsy wouldn’t kill the storylines imo. It’s just one facet of her inner turmoil, separate from Apoth and her path. Getting that out of the way early would establish her identity as separate off the bat and we could delve into that juicy other stuff. Instead nothing is being resolved, conversations are repeated issue to issue and there isn’t as much depth as there could be
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 12-12-2019 at 07:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But we have already seen Betsy try to talk to her several times. Once in Excalibur where she said something telepathic we couldn't hear, and once in fallen angel when she tried to talk to her and kwannon shut her down. I just feel like she is running from all her problems and it doesn't make sense to me that cable who is a telepath (though by this book it doesn't seem cable has any powers despite the techno virus not seeming to be a problem) and laura whose heightened senses let her smell things are all like "yessss Yesssss! she gets us, we'll follow her anywhere"
    Betsy was also avoiding her in Excalibur there was no telepathic discussion. She only blew her off once. They cant resolve the entire conflict in 2 issues iono. And Cable got in her face last issue. X23 has also questionned her on a few occasions but she ends up deferring to her because thats what X23 has always done.

Why didnt this writer use Gabby instead? His Laura is atrocious and Gabby would make sense in the rookie role

X23 has always been submissive to leader figures. Nobody batted an eye when it was male leaders is all.
    Laura hasnt been led around by a male leader in some time. She's been a solo hero for a while and her most recent stints as an X-men fell under the leaderships of Jean and Kitty
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-12-2019 at 08:03 PM.

BANNED

Because it HAS been (very cute. BTW, trying to mock the emphasis with random caps doesn't make you look clever). That's been the entire point of her development over the last decade.
    Im sorry that you felt I was trying to look clever, thats the OPPOSITE of what I was trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Psylocke talking toBetsy wouldn’t kill the storylines imo. It’s just one facet of her inner turmoil, separate from Apoth and her path. Getting that out of the way early would establish her identity as separate off the bat and we could delve into that juicy other stuff. Instead nothing is being resolved, conversations are repeated issue to issue and there isn’t as much depth as there could be
    But now its apparent Betsy is connected to the Apoth plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why didnt this writer use Gabby instead? His Laura is atrocious and Gabby would make sense in the rookie role
    Maybe he wanted a GOOD character in his book.

Maybe he wanted a GOOD character in his book.
    His Laura isnt any good so thats ironic

BANNED

Laura hasnt been led around by a male leader in some time. She's been a solo hero for a while and her most recent stints as an X-men fell under the leaderships of Jean and Kitty
    I knew that.

His Laura isnt any good so thats ironic
    Thats subjective but at least theres some good version of Laura out there. The alternative otoh...

BANNED

Im sorry that you felt I was trying to look clever, thats the OPPOSITE of what I was trying to do.
    Congratulations, you succeeded.

BANNED

Bloop.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I m actually into this super sensei Kwannon that people seem to hate. It makes it seem like there was a reason she laid dormant for so long other than Betsy was just suppressing her. It extends the characters intrigue.

Congratulations, you succeeded.
    God dammit this made me spill my wine on my tablet pc. i DRAW on this!!! lol. very unexpected laugh.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Bloop.
    lol omg she looks ready to kill someone. and that wig look like it's already killing her.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.