Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    That's an interesting comparison. Kubo's brightness to this title's darkness, all to cut down background drawing time.
    Yep, the big difference all kubo wanted is to draw things that looked cool and had style, if he could see his cool art he's was working happy, with FA I feel like artist is doing it for the sake of having his name on xmen or isnt that invested, also I checked his work on bendis spiderman and punisher the art their is good but they had different color artist, I think the color's is playing a bigger role in the sub par art.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

So maybe it's a bad line-art/color combo that's giving the dissonance, on top of the story?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Astonishing Member

I mean none of the work on punisher or spider man had the white outline.

Also calling it now, hill said he was going to adress gabby and Laura's relationship.. so hes going to reveal they hate each other now because Laura's anger issues pushed her a way, apoth is metsu'o or her daughter with the one from issue 1 being some random dead kid to help fill the dead kid quota, cable is brainwashed and kidnapped Laura brainwashing her, but its undone at gabby's death leaving Laura with no memory of her time between NYX and now becaus laura developing over time was bad and we should feel bad for wanting characters to develop, and kiwi and betsy never talk about their issues because why try to talk and give use some emotion moments that show how much loosing years of her life hurt her ,when you can not do that. I swear to god if I'm right and this happens exactly as planned this moment if though will prove I deserve to handle a x book.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 12-12-2019 at 09:17 PM.

honestly hill doesnt have time to touch on any of that just two issues and he already has to wrap up this Apoth stuff and set Psylocke up for Hellions

BANNED

Issue #6 solicitation dont sound like it will wrap up this story. Also we're switching Fallen ANGELS for HELLions. I think the story will conclude there.

i mean Hill did say he was working closely with Wells. As long as Husk, Laura and Psylocke dont get thrust unceremoniously into limbo its chill

I see what Hill is trying to do but he is missing ever so slightly. Kwannon is suppose to be a wise leader but she come off as bit of a prick. Kwannon is actually showing faith in Cable abilities but it is coming off as being unconcerned. On the bright side Kwannon is getting development and we have a baseline now of what her personality is now. She will be tons of fun interacting with other X-men with this personality she is type of person that will tell Cyclops his plan is stupid and that makes for great interactions.

We aren't really seeing any reason for Kwannon to dislike Krakoa. Some vague 'peace is dull' 'Xavier is controlling everyone' comments, but we aren't really given any reason as to WHY she thinks these things. She's mostly just stating these things out loud.

Mighty Member

This series is so bad. If she hates Betsy so much, why she stealing her clothes and name? Betsy didn’t do this to her and I thought they hashed that **** when she was Revanche. Kwannon should have never been brought back. It was a cool twist that was unexpected but shouldn’t have happened since Jamie remade that body. Why bring Kwannon back just to be a shitty fake Psylocke. I’d be more interested if she actually wanted to forge her own identity, but nope.

Laura really should be like “f this” and gut her annoying ass already.

I'm interested.

Not sure if it was on purpose or not, but I like that X-23's uniform looks a lot like her Evolution one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    This series is so bad. If she hates Betsy so much, why she stealing her clothes and name? Betsy didn’t do this to her and I thought they hashed that **** when she was Revanche. Kwannon should have never been brought back. It was a cool twist that was unexpected but shouldn’t have happened since Jamie remade that body. Why bring Kwannon back just to be a shitty fake Psylocke. I’d be more interested if she actually wanted to forge her own identity, but nope.
    It was addressed in 2 or 3; basically Psylocke is trying to take it and make it her own to make a point.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    We aren't really seeing any reason for Kwannon to dislike Krakoa. Some vague 'peace is dull' 'Xavier is controlling everyone' comments, but we aren't really given any reason as to WHY she thinks these things. She's mostly just stating these things out loud.
    The weirdest thing is she is only one who says it, isn't it?. From an outside perspective, the feeling that something is amiss is obvious. But there are very few clues that the characters feel it, too.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post

Laura really should be like “f this” and gut her annoying ass already.
    So

A. She took Psylocke name as an FU to Betsy

B. She didn't steal Psylocke clothes, Those are her clothes you do know Betsy took over her body . Betsy is not a Hand ninja,Kwannon is and apparently some female Hand ninja dress like that see Electra

C. Kwannon has been perfect fine and interesting other than talking down to Laura the Fallen Angels has actually been solid, Had Hill chosen anybody else other X-23(okay Hope would have been the same type of thing too) there would be a more positive outlook on this book if it was Bling or Pixie being trained up then book would be fine well I mean It would still have suspect art and iffy pacing but the book as Kwannon showcase is actually pretty good.

You can keep repeating it over and over but that does not make any more true. Kwannon is forge her own identity just fine, In fact we know now that Kwannon is a bit of ahole and she likes to be in control. Some of us are fine with Kwannon and the fact they turned the Asian adventures of Betsy Braddock and the archetype of telepath she was into its own unique character. You are not interested cool but some of us do like the fact that Kwannon is around, I will speak for myself I am happy that Marvel gave her Psylocke legacy so the character could have a chance for success.

Kwannon needs to calm down and take several seats. What is it with that attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So

A. She took Psylocke name as an FU to Betsy

B. She didn't steal Psylocke clothes, Those are her clothes you do know Betsy took over her body . Betsy is not a Hand ninja,Kwannon is and apparently some female Hand ninja dress like that see Electra

C. Kwannon has been perfect fine and interesting other than talking down to Laura the Fallen Angels has actually been solid, Had Hill chosen anybody else other X-23(okay Hope would have been the same type of thing too) there would be a more positive outlook on this book if it was Bling or Pixie being trained up then book would be fine well I mean It would still have suspect art and iffy pacing but the book as Kwannon showcase is actually pretty good.

You can keep repeating it over and over but that does not make any more true. Kwannon is forge her own identity just fine, In fact we know now that Kwannon is a bit of ahole and she likes to be in control. Some of us are fine with Kwannon and the fact they turned the Asian adventures of Betsy Braddock and the archetype of telepath she was into its own unique character. You are not interested cool but some of us do like the fact that Kwannon is around, I will speak for myself I am happy that Marvel gave her Psylocke legacy so the character could have a chance for success.
    If the Hand costume uniform was readily available.

She should have been introduced in the blue Hand outfit if it was hers. But she was introduced in the body suit.

But we'll agree to disagree.

She should have been brought back in the old school body suit she intro'd in.

They should have given us the shock and surprise at being alive again. The introspection.

They should have given us a reason why all of a sudden she would start using the code name Psylocke (since all of a sudden she hates and resents Betsy even though they already made amends) and why Betsy would just pass it on.

Instead we got this is the Psylocke you've always known with no explanation oh wait but her name is Kwannon now oh wait thats not her real name anymore either.

Honestly I just think X-editorial jumbled the execution of this transition.

I get that the writer is trying to elevate her quickly and make her her own person.

They could have done so much better.

I wish they had a mini-series just for themselves

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 6.30.54 AM.jpg
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-13-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This really came out from nowhere. We should have seen more of her suspicions on the first 3 issues