Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I can't get over this.
    It's starting to feel like the one male writer of color on the relaunch was set up. lmao.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Think Mr. Miyagi, Karate Kid. I'm done with this wax on wax off crap. She telling everyone else to be all centered but the mention of Betsy got her all pressed. Girl bye.
    Thats the whole point. The narrative dont treat her as some wise mentor at all.

And when did Cable say he can take care of himself? I remember last issue Psylocke telling X-23 he can take care of himself but i don't remember him saying it. Maybe on an unpreviewed page.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Thats the whole point. The narrative dont treat her as some wise mentor at all.
    Then i need to admit, it's over my head.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I genuinely can’t tell if the narrative is applauding Psylocke’s coping mechanisms or if she’s coming off as a lil unhinged on purpose. It’s probably both

oh kwannonlocke. tell us your real name...

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I genuinely can’t tell if the narrative is applauding Psylocke’s coping mechanisms or if she’s coming off as a lil unhinged on purpose. It’s probably both
    I think it’s a little of both. Maybe she’s justified in her anger, but in the long-term, what she’s doing is ultimately harmful to herself and others around her. Like how she keeps dismissing Krakoa’s peace (and Dazzler )

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Pity about Laura's face again, but this time the Psylocke II silhouettes are making things "tight around the ol' web-shooter."

Though while she's the most prominent Krakoa-dissenting mutant in Dox right now, her outlook might change when she gets roped into the Hellions. Oh well.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

And when did Cable say he can take care of himself? I remember last issue Psylocke telling X-23 he can take care of himself but i don't remember him saying it. Maybe on an unpreviewed page.
    When he told her he would go to Brazil by himself if she refused to accompany him.
    Then i need to admit, it's over my head.
    She admits herself that she needs Nathan and Laura to teach her how to be good. She rejected Dazzler. Made a dangerous deal with Sinister. Lost her temper on mission, leaving X23 confused as to what to do. Now she's unnecessarily putting lives at risk bc she dont want to confront her issues. Shes very flawed and its only been 3 issues.

When he told her he would go to Brazil by himself if she refused to accompany him.

She admits herself that she needs Nathan and Laura to teach her how to be good. She rejected Dazzler. Made a dangerous deal with Sinister. Lost her temper on mission, leaving X23 confused as to what to do. Now she's unnecessarily putting lives at risk bc she dont want to confront her issues. Shes very flawed and its only been 3 issues.
    So if she needs them to show her how to be good, how is that going to work exactly if she doesn't take their advice. Here laura is like well Betsy was in your mind and body maybe she can help us save these innocent lives we are trying to save and she selfishy says "Nope, don't mention her." Especially when laura rolls over so easily.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think it’s a little of both. Maybe she’s justified in her anger, but in the long-term, what she’s doing is ultimately harmful to herself and others around her. Like how she keeps dismissing Krakoa’s peace (and Dazzler )
    man that dazzler scene hurt my feelings. I get it tho. Her anti-krakoan bend doesn’t make as much sense to me, I mean it’s a place for mutants not just x-men..

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Pity about Laura's face again, but this time the Psylocke II silhouettes are making things "tight around the ol' web-shooter."
    not the web shooterIm deceased

BANNED

So if she needs them to show her how to be good, how is that going to work exactly if she doesn't take their advice. Here laura is like well Betsy was in your mind and body maybe she can help us save these innocent lives we are trying to save and she selfishy says "Nope, don't mention her." Especially when laura rolls over so easily.
    Because if it got resolved in one page it wouldnt be a story. Its obvious Kwannon is going to have that talk with Betsy now that the idea has been introduced. I wonder if her issues get X23 AND Cable captured and thats why Hellions are formed to rescue them.

fully forgot that cable insisted they go to Brazil only to be instantly incapacitated...my beta king

I have to agree that Psylocke upfront refusing Laura’s advice is childish especially after saying Shen needs her help. girl is a whole mess. guess we are supposed to lean to the “she’s unhinged” side. still, it feels like we’re supposed to get a sense that shes “triumphant” by actively ignoring the problems she could readily solve by reaching out to Betsy as opposed to chasing a vision she had that could potentially maybe help her self-realization...

BANNED

X23 has always been submissive to leader figures. Nobody batted an eye when it was male leaders is all.
    That was also TEN YEARS AGO at a time when she had no agency of her own AT ALL. She's evolved WELL past that since then. That's are FAR beyond apples and oranges. You're not even in the same food group.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-12-2019 at 07:18 PM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That was also TEN YEARS AGO at a time when she had no agency of her own AT ALL. She's evolved WELL past that since then.
    Daken can play her like a taiko drum.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."