Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah, I'm black and I have many family members that are gay, female and not white, so that stuff doesn't work on me, because I am more than aware the kind of people I live with and interact with on a daily basis exist.
    More to the point forced diversity does exist, it's pretty much the only reason Ironheart exists, and don't try to compare Riri to characters like Bucky, Dick Grayson, or Wally West, people like those characters because they're well-written something that wasn't applicable to Ironheart until her most recent series, before then all we got were dumb moments where she stole from other people to make her suit while never being called out on it, that dumb backstory where she disrupts her class just to get her teacher to oppress her dreams, and another point here is all those characters actually had history with the person they replaced, whereas Riri just pops up in Iron Man a couple of months before Tony gets put in a coma and takes over his book and is suddenly given a ton of undeserved importance.
    And it's been pointed out Riri is completely redundant since War Machine has a niece Lila Rhodes, who's about the same age and is a genius and could've taken her spot in a way that would've been way more natural since unlike Riri she actually has ties to Iron Man that would've justified her place in the story.

BANNED

Betsy expressed several times her satisfaction with having a "warrior body" that reflected her inner self post body swap and also opted to stay in Kwannon's body when she had the opportunity to go back to hers a couple time. Psylocke has every right to be mad a t the bitch and ppl complaining about Psylocke "stealing" anything from Braddock are deliciously tone deaf no matter their ethnicity. And forced diversity is a joke term used by intolerant nerds.

Oh god it’s worse than I thought. Well that’s over.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol this is sooooo relevant and can apply to most entertainment....lol
    Most pop culture, slang, fashion, music...damn

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    There was definitely racist intent anyone that says different is lying.
    People were so blatant with it, too. Even the threads on here were crazy.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Awesome preview I'm in total love with this book <3 <3 <3
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oh god it’s worse than I thought. Well that’s over.

Most pop culture, slang, fashion, music...damn

People were so blatant with it, too. Even the threads on here were crazy.
    And no actual response or defense.
    Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    You ever want to see or read some crazed Betsy/OG Psylocke postings check out the comments & arguments that have been on the blog dedicated to her.
    Now I know what to do with the rest of my afternoon, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Betsy expressed several times her satisfaction with having a "warrior body" that reflected her inner self post body swap and also opted to stay in Kwannon's body when she had the opportunity to go back to hers a couple time. Psylocke has every right to be mad a t the bitch and ppl complaining about Psylocke "stealing" anything from Braddock are deliciously tone deaf no matter their ethnicity. And forced diversity is a joke term used by intolerant nerds.
    ^This. This is truth.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    only now with more pseudo-asian philosophical musings...lol
    Hill is drawing on East Asian lore while exploring Kwannon.

Betsy didn't steal anything from Kwannon. And any time she had the opportunity to take her original body back it was offered by a villain.

So of course she wasn't going to take it. And back when these opportunities arose. I didn't see any of you posting we're so glad Kwannon will come back if Betsy takes her original body back.

Like sit down.

Betsy was a victim as well. She didn't actively steal Kwannon's life. This BS people are trying to push that its Betsy's fault Kwannon didn't come back sooner is nonsense.

BANNED

She was fine with fucking Sabretooth and Fantomex and the avatar of Apocalypse tho. It was never presented as tho she refused to inhabit her original body because "villains" offered it to her. Headcanon.

If you actually read the issues. You know why she didnt take the body back from Casandra Nova or her brother Jamie Braddock.

So no it's not head cannon.

And what kind of BS is bringing up who she slept with. Yeah lets shame someone for sleeping with people she got close to or Warren (one of her loves)
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-14-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Betsy didn't steal anything from Kwannon. And any time she had the opportunity to take her original body back it was offered by a villain.

So of course she wasn't going to take it. And back when these opportunities arose. I didn't see any of you posting we're so glad Kwannon will come back if Betsy takes her original body back.

Like sit down.

Betsy was a victim as well. She didn't actively steal Kwannon's life. This BS people are trying to push that its Betsy's fault Kwannon didn't come back sooner is nonsense.
    Yes yes yes we get it. White woman victimhood. No one wants to take that away from her lmao. But two things can be true, and Kwannon went through hell having no control over her body while Betsy piloted it for decades. Who gives a **** about what Betsy went through when that isn’t the conversation at hand? This is about Kwannon’s anger that’s ultimately displaced but still very justified in existing.

And, from an out-of-universe standpoint, she absolutely did steal Kwannon’s aesthetic and skill in order to be a much more profitable character. Only makes sense that when Kwannon returns, she be able to reap the benefits with developments & justifications made in-universe:

ohhhh now its white woman victimhood. Got it. So if that's your guys mindset. There's really no reason to respond. Since now because Betsy is white. It's all her fault. Right.

It’s a joke but anyway my point still stands: why keep bringing up Betsy being the victim when what Betsy went through isn’t tied to Kwannon’s anger towards her. Yes, it was the same situation but it was separate experiences that each character went through. Are you expecting Psylocke to be buddy-buddy with CB?

I wanted them to be soul sisters that have both been put through hell. And to move forward from that.

But I get why this new retcon gives 'Kwannon' the right to be resentful.

I wouldn’t put that out of question considering the relationship between the two is in its very early stages post-MiM. I can see them being close eventually after a a lot of development.