Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If they had a chance to talk out there problems many they could get along, but having dialog heavy issues to solve a problem is bad for reasion

They created this stupid retcon that Kwannon was there all the time.
    And some people are buying it.

Ignoring that she was just a plot device created by a writer that didn't paid attention when he read Acts of Vengeance. And then she was killed because she was a redudant character with no personality.

And just is back because Marvel still make money of the Asian ninja in a bathing suit.

And now people are trying to turn this completely merchandising decision in a social justice cause.

Congratulations, Marvel. You sell you products very well.

Well the good thing about bringing Kwannon back was to make her her own person. So I'm excited to see what Zeb Wells does with her.

I was excited about BEHs take because of what I heard about his Outsiders run. But I realized this take wasn't for me by issue 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Yes, that’s generally what Marvel does. Create things but also sometimes retroactively add things. This isn’t anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I bet we find out Cable CAN'T take care of himself
    ho HO ho! What a twist!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yes, that’s generally what Marvel does. Create things but also sometimes retroactively add things. This isn’t anything new.
    "Deadly Genesis" ow...and earlier still, Whizzer-dad being booted for Magneto...
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think resentment on the part of Kwannon for Betsy, and maybe a sense of guilt or alienation by Betsy for Kwannon, is realistic and fine. Not all characters have to be buddy-buddy. It's why I feel pushing for Emma and Jean to be besties is wrong. But that's a digression
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Betsy expressed several times her satisfaction with having a "warrior body" that reflected her inner self post body swap and also opted to stay in Kwannon's body when she had the opportunity to go back to hers a couple time. Psylocke has every right to be mad a t the bitch and ppl complaining about Psylocke "stealing" anything from Braddock are deliciously tone deaf no matter their ethnicity. And forced diversity is a joke term used by intolerant nerds.
    Shout it from the mountaintops!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I wanted them to be soul sisters that have both been put through hell. And to move forward from that.

But I get why this new retcon gives 'Kwannon' the right to be resentful.
    Kwannon has had a right to be resentful from the beginning. That doesn’t mean Betsy wasn’t also a victim, but I think it’s reasonable to harbor resentment for someone who lived years of life in your body.

Ignoring that she was just a plot device created by a writer that didn't paid attention when he read Acts of Vengeance. And then she was killed because she was a redudant character with no personality.

And just is back because Marvel still make money of the Asian ninja in a bathing suit.

And now people are trying to turn this completely merchandising decision in a social justice cause.

Marvel was making money off the Psylocke brand anyway. This move allows them to do it in a way that is less alienating and problematic and more inclusive. It was a great business decision.

why do we have to be so rigidly bound to past decisions?
    lots of works have found success by giving a previously "voiceless" character perspective and agency
    its fresh and its full of possibility...just like stories should be, and just like how this specific medium loves to tout itself
    it helps that kwannon/psylocke is partly attached to a previous character's "brand" so marvel can sell her better - they can "hit the ground running" per se, in terms of selling books - but thats only part of the goal here, or at least how i choose to see the goal: it should always be telling fresh stories in a new, interesting way

While this isn't my favorite book in the relaunch (Marauders takes that spot & I'm a Kate fan), I wish there was another artist on the book, or at least someone else handling the action scenes.

I'm hoping that Hill is allowed to at least finish his initial story, cause I got a feeling even by issue 6 we really won't have too many answers. In terms of the retcon I'm wondering how long was she in her body? Was it after she had Matsuo kill her back in Betsy's body, when Jamie resurrected Betsy in Kwannon's body or the Sisterhood arc?

I agree that both characters should be written as angry with the situation because both had their bodies/minds manipulated. At the same time whether in trapped silently in her body or dead, Kwannon should be furious. She got dumped in a body that got sick & died. Yes it was a writers decision to try & quick fix a mistake he made, but in comic verse wise, Kwannon got the crap deal.

Hill has shown in Excalibur that just because Betsy is back in her body she's still avoiding the talk cause of everything she's done while wearing her skin. At the same time we now Kwannons avoiding them talking also. I doubt that they'd have had a satisfying conversation in issue 1 of either book if they where willing to talk. I don't think we will be getting that conversation anytime soon in FA, EX or Hellions either.

Because the retcon replaces the older story as the "real" account. That is what retcons do. (Besides, no matter how you slice it or what iteration of things "really" went down, it makes perfect sense that Psylocke would not be happy with Betsy.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    In terms of the retcon I'm wondering how long was she in her body? Was it after she had Matsuo kill her back in Betsy's body, when Jamie resurrected Betsy in Kwannon's body or the Sisterhood arc?
    If it was a multiple-choice question, that would be my answer.

While I don't see Betsy or Kwannon becoming comfortable with talking during Dox Wave 1, here's hoping they do get a chance to clear the air between them later on.

spoilers:
    And maybe cement their reconciliation with a one-night stand, but that's just me being a perv.
    end of spoilers

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    And maybe cement their reconciliation with a one-night stand, but that's just me being a perv.
    "Betsy knew exactly how to please me, she touched my body as if she knew every part of it. Well, I guess she actually did."

Thank you for standing with me on that sentiment, my friend.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of mastuo(who him self of kiwi kid psylock the 3rd is apoth) did anyone tell her what Logan did to him ?