Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I guess the sound effect, splash, movement lines and braced pose are kind of subtle. Maybe if they’d got Lord Claremont to write a caption explaining the action and the new character’s powers?
    This but unironically

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I'm hoping this starts to feel more like a team book. The spotlight on Shaw last issue was fairly boring so I need this to get gud.
    These sentiments!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ... What you just described is exactly what a team book is and is supposed to be.

What Tenebrae is saying is that they aren't fond of it feeling like this book is literally just a vehicle for Kate Pryde or Emma Frost or Sebastian Shaw. They want it to be a little more balanced, which I agree with. And it looks like that's starting to happen especially now that as of this issue Duggan is well aware that he was going to keep Storm.

This is an opinion I share, this is literally the most interested I've been in the book since it's inception. Of course it has everything to do with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Ha! Fish already received points for favorite debut of 2019 at the X-books award voting. Funny how some instantly become popular.
    He has my vote...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    yeah but why?
    For speaking truth to power....
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I guess the sound effect, splash, movement lines and braced pose are kind of subtle. Maybe if they’d got Lord Claremont to write a caption explaining the action and the new character’s powers?
    To be fair, the whited-out action lines are quite subtle compared to the traditional solid ink approach, it's easy to miss if you're not expecting it. Maybe it's an effect thing, or the water could've done with more of a ripple? I dunno, but I've been tripped up by stuff like that before, so. *Shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I feel like the notion of a “team” is largely irrelevant now. These are ensemble books, featuring characters in roles beyond just being in a fighting squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ... What you just described is exactly what a team book is and is supposed to be.

What Tenebrae is saying is that they aren't fond of it feeling like this book is literally just a vehicle for Kate Pryde or Emma Frost or Sebastian Shaw. They want it to be a little more balanced, which I agree with. And it looks like that's starting to happen especially now that as of this issue Duggan is well aware that he was going to keep Storm.
    Thank you for answering for Tenebrae. “Team” is a specific kind of ensemble book. These books are something else, something broader. The notion that it has to feature the whole “squad” seems outdated. That’s my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Not even Claremonts stories featured the whole squad at all times. And we're only on issue 4
    It doesn't have to feature the whole squad all the time but considering it is at issue 4, I haven't gotten a sense that this team/ensemble has been defined at all. Kate gets drunk, goes to where Emma says and she brings some others with her for the lolz. Spending a whole issue on Sebastian this early on in the run, instead of some of the featured cast from the team/ensemble wasn't a good move. There has definitely been a disconnect with utilising any of the rest of the team/ensemble thus far which I think is problematic. I'm hopeful it will improve. Duggan is a good writer.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    To be fair, the whited-out action lines are quite subtle compared to the traditional solid ink approach, it's easy to miss if you're not expecting it. Maybe it's an effect thing, or the water could've done with more of a ripple? I dunno, but I've been tripped up by stuff like that before, so. *Shrug*
    Water should had made a bigger ripple for sure. the way it was drawn seemed like he did a small jump

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Next panel : "Oh... Good thing I have this power dampening maracas right in my pocket"
    Ha!!

I love these new babies! My husband is Brazilian and his little nephew speaks so cute.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Water should had made a bigger ripple for sure. the way it was drawn seemed like he did a small jump
    if he's like the last character named Paragon, he manipulates gravity. there might be no ripple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It doesn't have to feature the whole squad all the time but considering it is at issue 4, I haven't gotten a sense that this team/ensemble has been defined at all. Kate gets drunk, goes to where Emma says and she brings some others with her for the lolz. Spending a whole issue on Sebastian this early on in the run, instead of some of the featured cast from the team/ensemble wasn't a good move. There has definitely been a disconnect with utilising any of the rest of the team/ensemble thus far which I think is problematic. I'm hopeful it will improve. Duggan is a good writer.
    Sebastian and Shinobi are part of the ensemble. That’s my point. Your post completely disregards that fact. Moreover, the issue sets up conflict that will no doubt propel the series forward.

Sebastian and Shinobi are part of the ensemble. That’s my point. Your post completely disregards that fact. Moreover, the issue sets up conflict that will no doubt propel the series forward.
    I agree and I enjoy this kind of storytelling. Building things.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!