Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman March 2020 solicitations

ACTION COMICS #1021
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    Metropolis down! The blockbuster supervillain team-up of the century continues. Leviathan! The invisible mafia! The Legion of Doom! All have descended on the city of Metropolis to challenge Superman at his most vulnerable moment. With the truth about the Man of Steel’s secret identity out in the open, all the rules of engagement have changed—and no one is safe! Guest-starring the Justice League and Young Justice.
    ON SALE 03.25.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #8
    written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art and cover by NICK DERINGTON
    card stock variant cover by ANDY KUBERT
    General Zod is on a mission to resurrect the Bottle City of Kandor, and he’s ready to obliterate anyone in his path! Deep within the ruins of an ancient temple, Ra’s al Ghul’s bid to save his Lazarus Pits from Kryptonian chaos has brought the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel into a brawl neither expected—or was prepared for! What can Batman and Superman possibly do to stop an army of Kandorian zombies? Find out in the conclusion of the epic “Kandor Compromise”!

ON SALE 03.25.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #5
    art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    card stock variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    DC’s far-flung future is happening right now! With the secret of Jon Kent revealed, the Legion of Super-Heroes is united to save New Earth from those who would destroy it. Will Aquaman’s lost trident be the key to New Earth’s demise? Plus, Mon-El comes clean about his connection to Jon, and Cosmic Boy and Ferro Lad find out they both have a crush on the same Legionnaire.
    ON SALE 03.04.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

LOIS LANE #9
    written by GREG RUCKA
    art and cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by BILQUIS EVELY
    In the wake of a second attempt on her life, Lois takes the unprecedented step of…telling Superman to back off. As the Kiss of Death circles for another try, Lois’s search for answers takes her back into the political spotlight, while Renee uses a Gotham connection in an attempt to undo the damage she’s done and find answers to another set of questions entirely.
    ON SALE 03.04.20

SUPERGIRL #40
    written by JODY HOUSER
    art by RACHAEL STOTT
    cover by JOE BENNETT
    card stock variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    Supergirl is out of control! Having fully succumbed to the Batman Who Laughs’ deadly infection, she has left her boundaries behind and is flexing her power to the world. Is even Wonder Woman a match for a Kryptonian fully unleashed? The hope is that the true Kara Zor-El is still inside this rampaging monster, and that she’ll come to her senses. But even if she does, will she ever be the same? The consequences of the Dark Multiverse infection could change Supergirl forever…and not for the better! Don’t miss this do-or-die conclusion to the “The Infected”!
    ON SALE 03.25.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

SUPERMAN #21
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    It’s Mongul versus Superman in the battle for the survival of the United Planets! The Man of Steel must confront Mongul in front of all the powers of the galaxy, or peace will never be achieved. During one of the most private moments in Superman’s existence comes one of his biggest challenges. If Superman fails, the whole of the United Planets falls!
    ON SALE 03.11.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #9
    written by MATT FRACTION
    art and cover by STEVE LIEBER
    variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    Jimmy and Jix are on the run, pursued by an intergalactic death force that wants to break up their marriage by any means necessary. If they succeed in offing Jimmy, their prince regent plans to marry Jix and unite their warring empires…but Jimmy Olsen’s still busy trying to solve his own murder! (Or rather, his decoy corpse’s murder.) It’s a typical day for Superman’s pal…
    ON SALE 03.18.20
    $3.99 US | 9 OF 12 | 32 PAGES

JUSTICE LEAGUE #42
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
    cover by BRYAN HITCH
    card stock variant cover by MIKEL JANÍN
    The Justice League suffers defeat after defeat in the ever-tightening grip of the Eradicator. But do the heroes have a greater plan? It’s up to the Flash to outwit and outrun the onslaught of Daxamites, but his next step may be his last.
    ON SALE 03.04.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

JUSTICE LEAGUE #43
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by DOUG MAHNKE and RICHARD FRIEND
    cover by BRYAN HITCH
    card stock variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    All secrets revealed! Caught in the Justice League’s trap, the Eradicator reveals the truth hidden in his circuits. And as Superman confronts his past defeat, it’s up to Wonder Woman to make a decision that will divide the team. The no-holds-barred war between the League and a murder machine with Superman’s face concludes!
    ON SALE 03.18.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm there for Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #9!

I'll read Lois Lane in TPB.

I wish Supergirl could get a new creative team/direction sooner rather than later.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not a very exciting month, still hard to care about action conics with the artist and what I am sure will be a jumbled plot. I’ll hope Superman is good, though Mongul isn’t a villain I care for much. At least we’ve got Lois lane.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wait JRjr is the artist on ACTION? I'll have to make sure to grab those.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm sort of excited for JL under Venditti as I fell off of that title a while back and now we have a Superman villain at least partially under Mahnke, with Lopresti to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wish Supergirl could get a new creative team/direction sooner rather than later.
    Uh, Houser and Stott both just started this month.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm sort of excited for JL under Venditti as I fell off of that title a while back and now we have a Superman villain at least partially under Mahnke, with Lopresti to boot.

Uh, Houser and Stott both just started this month.
    To be fair, she used to write the book in the past before the bendis era.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Co wrote with Orlando briefly to continue the fairness. I would think it was still very much his but if you really didn't like that and her other work doesn't speak to you I guess it's all the same.

Personally I have a really time caring about this larger infection story but I'll give the new team their shot (two issues behind right now).
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I hope Bendis can make Mongul interesting, but not holding my breath there. Glad the UP is going to stay in the spotlight.
    Looking forward to Kal and Kon reuniting.
    Lois and Jimmy look good as always.
    Zod teaming up with Ra’s sounds great, Ra’s role is what I’ve always hoped Zod would eventually become for Superman, a sort of wannabe evil mentor that does have his virtues.
    Looking forward to Venditti JL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm there for Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #9!

I'll read Lois Lane in TPB.

Houser is new but unfortunately she has to tie up the Infected plot line. Hopefully after that Kara can go back to normal.

I assume the previous writer left because they didn't want to do that Infected story?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thoughts:

- JrJr drawing Young Justice is...disconcerting. Like, the kids actually look kind of scary. Gotta love that Bendis title cross-polination .

- Zod using the Lazarus Pit to revive Kandor is something I could totally see him doing. Zombie Kandorians though .

- "Cosmic Boy and Ferro Lad find out they both have a crush on the same Legionnaire." So...Night Lass? I'm more used to Cos being the one crushed on then crushing. Also...is this Ferro Lad going to die?

- That Bliquis Evely Lois .

BANNED

Really like the JL line up and costumes.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume the previous writer left because they didn't want to do that Infected story?
    Everything has to be all Batman all the time!
    Assassinate Putin!

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Houser is new but unfortunately she has to tie up the Infected plot line. Hopefully after that Kara can go back to normal.
    I really feel for her, she gets to write the book and the first thing she has to do is shepherd yet another Dark Supergirl crossover take. You’d think DC would be getting tired of that one by now.