Incredible Member

Default "WW: Her Greatest Victories Trade Paperback" aka "What is this hot mess?"

WW-HER-GREATEST-VICTORIES.jpg

WONDER WOMAN: HER GREATEST VICTORIES TP
    written by GERRY CONWAY, GEORGE PÉREZ, LEN WEIN, GREG RUCKA, GEOFF JOHNS, and TIM SEELEY
    art by GEORGE PÉREZ, TONY S. DANIEL, NICOLA SCOTT, BILQUIS EVELY, and others
    cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU

In this new collection, Wonder Woman marries Steve Trevor as the Crisis on Infinite Earths approaches, and faces the Cheetah for the first time! Plus, the world is introduced to Wonder Woman in a “Year One” chapter, and the Cheetah strikes again—this time with the entire Justice League as her target! Collects Wonder Woman #329, Wonder Woman #9 (1987), Justice League #13-14 (2012), Wonder Woman #10 (2017), Wonder Woman #24 (2017), and Wonder Woman: Steve Trevor #1 (2017).
    ON SALE 04.22.20 | $12.99 US | 184 PAGES
    __________________________________________________ __________

I...do not understand what this is, unless it's attempt to make more money off some issues that have recently been prepped for the trade paperback treatment. How are these stories "her greatest victories," including a one-shot starring Steve Trevor? And why is this so Cheetah-heavy right on the heels of the Cheetah trade paperback coming in March? I find this bewildering.

It's a nice cover, but I believe I'll be skipping this trade.

All those Cheetah issues make this a clear attempt to cash in on the movie. But DC is hilariously bad with these kind of collections. The Superman 75 years celebration was just a collection of him losing and being sad and moping, which makes me afraid of what they’d pick for a Roast collection! If WW1984 gets people to want some good stories for her I’d point them towards Rebirth before I gave them any “collection” DC puts together for anyone except Batman.