View Poll Results: Which Xmen stories do you prefer?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • More grounded storytelling

25 75.76%
  • The more outlandish..time travel, magic, aliens etc.

8 24.24%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Default Which Xmen stories do you prefer?

With all the talk about how to introduce the Xmen into the MCU and with the changes to the comics....I wanted to ask what stories or origins do you prefer when it comes to the Xmen? Is it the more grounded or the more outlandish if you will? And by outlandish I mean relying on magic, aliens, time travel

BANNED

I think there is room for both and both have had resulted in groundbreaking, genre redefining stories.

That said, the outlandish stuff has resulted in some of my favorite ideas and characters like HoXPoX, Magik, and Rachel Grey, so that’ll be my answer today.

I think the themes work better in a grounded context.

Once that's established, like TQC says, there's room for expansion into wilder settings and concepts. I'd be very careful though. I might like Limbo and DOFP too, but I despise Shi'ar nonsense.

Having heroes that a simply "born this way" really leads to a more grounded storytelling, but I don't mind the occasional more "outlandish" story. The problem became every story was outlandish and the X-Men had no direction for about 10 years. Had Hickman not come when he did the franchise was ready to burn out for a bit a la Fantastic Four or Thor after Disassembled.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The more outlandish stuff is more fun, but he grounded stories would be better to introduce mutants into the MCU. From there, go into the space stuff, the magic stuff, and the weird stuff like leprechauns and junk.

I find only 'grounded' stories boring and only 'outlandish' stories difficult to believe (in comics only).
    Well, I can't choose, a mix of both… Feet on the ground and the head in the sky.
    The quality of the story, if I find the author likable… matter to me more, though.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Can we get a second poll about whether we like solo stories or team books in X-men?

I'm not a big fan of rigid taxonomical categories and would choose "Both." But, for the sake of this poll I went with outlandish because sometimes the 'grounded' approach can just become banal.