Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Same for me. Title has me interested, but DC waits to reveal details about the Giants until right before Final Order Cutoff for comic shops. That keeps the company barely within the rules.
    It is a bit frustrating when you are sorting a pull list out rather than buying off the newsstand and you want to know you arent buying things youve already read. But whatever... the title alone is good enough for me - it will just have to be a surprise

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I doubt the current creative team even know who Raptor is. And given their laughable take on Cobb, it’s probably for the best.

Also I highly doubt Ric ends in April. This bottom of the charts direction is lasting longer the Grayson, and I doubt Jurgans is going anywhere anytime soon despite new all time lows every month.
    Tynion said something about Dick coming back in 2020, so I'm thinking summertime during DC's next big event.

The only one that even slightly interested me is Hawkman and that is because The Atom is in it.

Big ole pass on everything else.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Did Flash Forward get cancelled?
    It was just a mini-series.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

AQUAMAN #58
    AMTHYEST #2
    BATGIRL #45
    THE BATMAN'S GRAVE #6
    THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #2
    SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #9

TPB: Lois Lane, Far Sector

Is SHAZAM on hiatus or just behind schedule?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Has the Ric team gotten so desperate they have to bring in the Joker LoL.
    Seems like he will be the nail on the head

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Good month.

ROBIN 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1 (for Judd Winick's Jason story)
    DCEASED: UNKILLABLES #2
    BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #11
    RED HOOD: OUTLAW #44

Thoughts:

- I haven't been too impressed with how DC has celebrated Robin's anniversary in the past, but this special seems like it has potential. I've been wanting an anthology of Robin stories for a while now .

- Adam Strange celebrated on Earth? I thought his Rann adventures were completely oblivious to anyone on Earth.

- "The Designer?" Is he related to "The Carpenter?" Sounds like Catwoman was involved in the job he was pulling. "And what complications will his arise from his new sidekick, Harley Quinn?" Ugh. Enough with Harley.

- Spending a zombie apocalypse in an orphanage is...disconcerting. At least Cass isn't going by "Orphan" .

- It seems like people have focused on a high school Batman AU for so long that I'm surprised it took this long to turn it into a book.

- So whether Luthor or Batman Who Laughs wins...we still lose, more or less. But how many people can this event turn evil at this point?

- I could totally see White Knight Batman killing someone. He's screwed everything else up by now anyways.

- That The Batman's Grave solicit is as succinct as I would expect from Warren Ellis.

- Jefferson leaving the team? Well, he'll be back, but I guess every team needs their "main character walks away" moment.

- "Will she stay with her sister in their new home, or return to Gotham City and the life she hoped she had left behind?" I'm guessing for one reason or another Catwoman is going back to Gotham.

- "Cult of Two?" Really? And let's not claim we've got a "permanent" cure for Two-Face, but then again with 5G coming up maybe they will actually cure Dent for good.

- Is Paradox the villain that was released from Flash War?

- It's hard for me to buy that Hal feels bored and uninspired being back on Earth. Is that blonde an old love interest or a new one?

- Harley and Booster? There's a pairing I didn't want to see again.

- I guess Carter technically counts as Hawkwoman's beloved since he was Katar Hol now...but it's still kind of weird.

- Let me guess, Diana kills Eradicator? See, this is why she should ditch the sword...

- JLO really does feel like it's become a Jessica Cruz book.

- Platinum being based on a woman Magnus was in love with is an interesting take, even if I prefer her to just have feelings for him naturally.

- It's a travesty that this "Ric" status quo has lasted as long as it has. I don't even know why Joker is bothering with him.

- We're letting Harley do legitimate psych evaluations now? New Suicide Squad, same old craziness.

- Looking forward to seeing a more forward-thinking Mr. Terrific.

- Why am I not surprised Jo was in the service before she became a Green Lantern? Although that background is a little too similar to John.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Why is Wonder Woman focusing all of her efforts on saving Supergirl? Donna, your former sidekick is also a thrall to dumb LOL Batman!!! Take care of your own family and let Clark handle his!!!
    Everybody knows Diana doesn't care about her Wonder Girls...

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It was just a mini-series.
    Yeah, six issues. So not cancelled, just over.

Speaking of which, some good news - there are no FINAL ISSUE mentions in the March solicits. Nothing is cancelled this month!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Surprised to see the Conway New Gods collected.
    And it includes the JLS/JSA issues.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Overall I’m not too excited about much here. This kind of feels like the “doldrums” where DC is just killing time before the next Crisis. Even Justice League is having a filler storyline. Like a lot of people, I’m very tired of The Batman Who Laughs and Lex’s Year of the Villain has gone down like a lead balloon.

I’m looking forward to Taylor’s Suicide Squad as it seems he’s trying to get back to Ostrander’s original concept of expendable F level villains doing deadly missions. Anyone could die at any time (except Harley and Deadshot of course) and some seldom used villain could end up being a break out character. Love it! Plus I love the idea of Harley utilizing her psychiatric skills.

Zod and Ra’s is an epic/perfect villain team up and one that should have happened a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Surprised to see the Conway New Gods collected.
    And it includes the JLS/JSA issues.
    So happy they’re including that story. One of the best pre-CoIE Crisis stories.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-14-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Aww aqualad went to young justice

"The Green Lantern" is my only definite buy -- oh, aside from "Legion of Superheroes" because I love the team, but the jury's still out on whether or not this book is any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Aww aqualad went to young justice
    And that's a bad thing, why? Better than not being used at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And that's a bad thing, why? Better than not being used at all.
    He was already in Aquaman.