Mighty Member

Default My idea for a new Team-Version of Conner,Cassie,Bart,Tim....

Hello,

I dont like the actual YJ team, because its to big etc.

My actual Idea is the following:
    Is partially based on Marvels Avengers and Titans.

I like that the team gets dressed in the same colors (BLACK and RED) to show that they are a team.
    Conner and Tim were wearing this colors in Pre-Flashpoint (Red Robin)

CONNER:
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...rfire-1676739/
    Conner can wear this costume, together with a leather-jacket, maybe sunglasses sometimes.
    So he can be the Nightwing of the Super-Family and I see him as kind of the Captain America of the team.

CASSIE:
    I would use the Titans of Tomorrow (REBIRTH) Look, where she looked like an Amazon.
    Make it Black and Red, sword and shield, lasso.
    So she would be like the Thor of the team, which would fit because Thor is Son of Odin, Cassie was Daughter of Zeus

TIM:
    Use the Red Hood (with cowl) Costume for him.
    He would be the Iron Man, the genius of the team.

ARTEMIS OF BANA/ARROWETTE;
    Hawkeye of the team.
    I said Artemis because one of her weapons was the bow.
    AND I really LOVED the team attacks in the Wonder Woman Film and Artemis was one of Cassies friends and one of her mentors.

BART:
    Bart would also get a black and red costume and he is the Flash of the team.

This would be the complete Roster more or less.
    Its better, because every character has much freedom to be him or herself and its not crowded like the current YJ.

They also have a similar level of experience, so there is no weak point in the team.

You could show great fights, cool scenes etc. in the series and if you need you can always add 1 or 2 people for the mission like Kid Devil, Traci13,Blue Beetle..

They also work better at this age and you have more freedom with writing..

AND you can also team them up with the Titans...It would be awesome, because almost everyone has a counterpart in the Titans Team:

Tim-Dick
    Cassie-Donna
    Bart-Wally
    Arrowette-Roy

There would be great team-ups and also funny ones.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I like the concept but I wonder what their role would be in the broader DCU. They've struggled as much as the Titans generation if not more in recent years. There's a way to do it of course, but narratively, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

I dont like the actual YJ team, because its to big etc.

My actual Idea is the following:
    Is partially based on Marvels Avengers and Titans.

I like that the team gets dressed in the same colors (BLACK and RED) to show that they are a team.
    Conner and Tim were wearing this colors in Pre-Flashpoint (Red Robin)

CONNER:
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...rfire-1676739/
    Conner can wear this costume, together with a leather-jacket, maybe sunglasses sometimes.
    So he can be the Nightwing of the Super-Family and I see him as kind of the Captain America of the team.

CASSIE:
    I would use the Titans of Tomorrow (REBIRTH) Look, where she looked like an Amazon.
    Make it Black and Red, sword and shield, lasso.
    So she would be like the Thor of the team, which would fit because Thor is Son of Odin, Cassie was Daughter of Zeus

TIM:
    Use the Red Hood (with cowl) Costume for him.
    He would be the Iron Man, the genius of the team.

ARTEMIS OF BANA/ARROWETTE;
    Hawkeye of the team.
    I said Artemis because one of her weapons was the bow.
    AND I really LOVED the team attacks in the Wonder Woman Film and Artemis was one of Cassies friends and one of her mentors.

BART:
    Bart would also get a black and red costume and he is the Flash of the team.

This would be the complete Roster more or less.
    Its better, because every character has much freedom to be him or herself and its not crowded like the current YJ.

They also have a similar level of experience, so there is no weak point in the team.

You could show great fights, cool scenes etc. in the series and if you need you can always add 1 or 2 people for the mission like Kid Devil, Traci13,Blue Beetle..

They also work better at this age and you have more freedom with writing..

AND you can also team them up with the Titans...It would be awesome, because almost everyone has a counterpart in the Titans Team:

Tim-Dick
    Cassie-Donna
    Bart-Wally
    Arrowette-Roy

There would be great team-ups and also funny ones.
    So you have a superman type
    A thor /WW type
    An Ironman/Batman type
    A Flash type
    A Green Arrow type

so what you mean is JL Lite type of team or a younger version of the Justice League who are not the actual JL?

Lol, they got Young Justice, they dont need a new team.

Just chuck out the extra characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I like the concept but I wonder what their role would be in the broader DCU. They've struggled as much as the Titans generation if not more in recent years. There's a way to do it of course, but narratively, what is it?
    It can be used in different ways:

a) RIVAL TEAM for 5G:
    Here I like the idea that there is a split and disagreement, because Jon becomes Superman etc.

This Idea is based on the fact, that Conner had to prove that he is worthy to wear the S, Tim had also to work to become Robin, Cassandra also, Bart was always considered as childish etc.

Jonathan instead became Superboy, because he is Supermans Son, Damian is Robin because he is Batmans Son.

So "adopted" Workhorse Generation (Cassie,Tim,Bart,Conner,Arrowette) vs new and related Generation (Damian,Jonathan,Emiko....)

b) TITANS Inc.:
    You had Batman Inc.
    Tim,Conner,Bart,Cassie....can also work in other towns and also outside America

c) AGENTS of ARGUS:
    I can also imagine that they work for Argus.
    So they are called when villains break out of the Jail (Look in the TV Series "Flash" when King Shark breaks out of his Jail).
    Called also by the government or police when they have problems with Villains.

d) TITANS 2:
    Be a second Titans Team.
    Just like the NEW52 Teen Titans.
    I LOVED the independency, HQ etc. of the NEW52 Teen Titans Version.
    There were some problems with the NEW52 Kid Flash etc., but the IDEA ITSELF was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    It can be used in different ways:

a) RIVAL TEAM for 5G:
    Here I like the idea that there is a split and disagreement, because Jon becomes Superman etc.

This Idea is based on the fact, that Conner had to prove that he is worthy to wear the S, Tim had also to work to become Robin, Cassandra also, Bart was always considered as childish etc.

Jonathan instead became Superboy, because he is Supermans Son, Damian is Robin because he is Batmans Son.

So "adopted" Workhorse Generation (Cassie,Tim,Bart,Conner,Arrowette) vs new and related Generation (Damian,Jonathan,Emiko....)

b) TITANS Inc.:
    You had Batman Inc.
    Tim,Conner,Bart,Cassie....can also work in other towns and also outside America

c) AGENTS of ARGUS:
    I can also imagine that they work for Argus.
    So they are called when villains break out of the Jail (Look in the TV Series "Flash" when King Shark breaks out of his Jail).
    Called also by the government or police when they have problems with Villains.

d) TITANS 2:
    Be a second Titans Team.
    Just like the NEW52 Teen Titans.
    I LOVED the independency, HQ etc. of the NEW52 Teen Titans Version.
    There were some problems with the NEW52 Kid Flash etc., but the IDEA ITSELF was great.
    I'm guessing you are not too familiar with the loreof most generations besides the 90's generation.

The adopted workforce vs related doesn't work since Jon and Damian didn't just get their mantles because of blood. I don't know much about emiko but I know that Damian had to worker harder than Tim before he was given the Robin mantle.

Tim showed up and made a sales pitch for the job and was given the outfit by Alfred and then he went on to save batman and train to be Robin.

Damian showed up was told to get lost by Bruce and shipped off to his mother. He then rejected his mother and her ways choosing to become a hero. He moved to Gotham which resulted in his mother disowning him and putting a hefty bounty on his head.

While dodging the bounty Hunters Damian started working solo as a hero patrolling the streets of Gotham he ended up coming to the attention of the Batfamily and after saving batmanTim drake's life he was given the Robin mantle.

Supersons was nothing but John proving him self as a hero. The duo were handling JL mission's that the league was too busy to handle [the easier ones]

They all had to earn their role's in some way.
    Even a mantle like Robin which isn't something you earn but something that's given because the person NEEDS it.

I suggest that you read the actual books that might help you come up with an interesting direction for the YJ crew that doesn't ignore canon.

YJ Inc is an idea that I like. They could do more covert stuff. The Titans weren't that independent in Rebirth so not sure how independent they will be during 5G.

YJInc doing covert missions for the Jl
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-16-2019 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

I always assumed the whole point of Young Justice was to mirror the Justice League rather then any Titan franchise. Similar to Young Avengers with the Avengers. I’d rather the Titans be their own stable then a junior JL which seems to be a problem for some reason whenever they incorporate a bunch of former sidekicks and bring their ex-mentors into the series. Hell I’d take the JL-Odyssey book and rename it Titans with the whole New Gods thing the name Titans seem fitting given the lore of the name and the fact two historic members of the comic team are prominent figures in the Odyssey book.

In regards to Young Justice I like the red/black mention fits in with Kaldur’s color scheme I though should be mentioned