Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Astonishing Member

How long is this Ric nonsense going to continue?

666 heroes turned evil by Batman Who Laughs...is this DC's way of killing off a bunch of characters to make way for 5G? I feel like most of these are going to be Titans characters...

Why is Wonder Woman focusing all of her efforts on saving Supergirl? Donna, your former sidekick is also a thrall to dumb LOL Batman!!! Take care of your own family and let Clark handle his!!!

Incredible Member

From beyond the unknown sounds pretty epic but they never say whats in the giants which is a pain. Might add it

Hawkman is STILL Sky Tyrant? I was hoping that story would end sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hawkman is STILL Sky Tyrant? I was hoping that story would end sooner rather than later.
    I dropped hawkman sooner rather than later.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    From beyond the unknown sounds pretty epic but they never say whats in the giants which is a pain. Might add it
    Same for me. Title has me interested, but DC waits to reveal details about the Giants until right before Final Order Cutoff for comic shops. That keeps the company barely within the rules.

BANNED

More kino.

Has the Ric team gotten so desperate they have to bring in the Joker LoL.

Fantastic Member

Did Flash Forward get cancelled?
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No. If they were truly desperate, they'd give the fans what we want and that is the return of Dick Grayson.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Seems like he will be the nail on the head

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Same for me. Title has me interested, but DC waits to reveal details about the Giants until right before Final Order Cutoff for comic shops. That keeps the company barely within the rules.
    It is a bit frustrating when you are sorting a pull list out rather than buying off the newsstand and you want to know you arent buying things youve already read. But whatever... the title alone is good enough for me - it will just have to be a surprise

Thoughts:

- I haven't been too impressed with how DC has celebrated Robin's anniversary in the past, but this special seems like it has potential. I've been wanting an anthology of Robin stories for a while now .

- Adam Strange celebrated on Earth? I thought his Rann adventures were completely oblivious to anyone on Earth.

- "The Designer?" Is he related to "The Carpenter?" Sounds like Catwoman was involved in the job he was pulling. "And what complications will his arise from his new sidekick, Harley Quinn?" Ugh. Enough with Harley.

- Spending a zombie apocalypse in an orphanage is...disconcerting. At least Cass isn't going by "Orphan" .

- It seems like people have focused on a high school Batman AU for so long that I'm surprised it took this long to turn it into a book.

- So whether Luthor or Batman Who Laughs wins...we still lose, more or less. But how many people can this event turn evil at this point?

- I could totally see White Knight Batman killing someone. He's screwed everything else up by now anyways.

- That The Batman's Grave solicit is as succinct as I would expect from Warren Ellis.

- Jefferson leaving the team? Well, he'll be back, but I guess every team needs their "main character walks away" moment.

- "Will she stay with her sister in their new home, or return to Gotham City and the life she hoped she had left behind?" I'm guessing for one reason or another Catwoman is going back to Gotham.

- "Cult of Two?" Really? And let's not claim we've got a "permanent" cure for Two-Face, but then again with 5G coming up maybe they will actually cure Dent for good.

- Is Paradox the villain that was released from Flash War?

- It's hard for me to buy that Hal feels bored and uninspired being back on Earth. Is that blonde an old love interest or a new one?

- Harley and Booster? There's a pairing I didn't want to see again.

- I guess Carter technically counts as Hawkwoman's beloved since he was Katar Hol now...but it's still kind of weird.

- Let me guess, Diana kills Eradicator? See, this is why she should ditch the sword...

- JLO really does feel like it's become a Jessica Cruz book.

- Platinum being based on a woman Magnus was in love with is an interesting take, even if I prefer her to just have feelings for him naturally.

- It's a travesty that this "Ric" status quo has lasted as long as it has. I don't even know why Joker is bothering with him.

- We're letting Harley do legitimate psych evaluations now? New Suicide Squad, same old craziness.

- Looking forward to seeing a more forward-thinking Mr. Terrific.

- Why am I not surprised Jo was in the service before she became a Green Lantern? Although that background is a little too similar to John.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Why is Wonder Woman focusing all of her efforts on saving Supergirl? Donna, your former sidekick is also a thrall to dumb LOL Batman!!! Take care of your own family and let Clark handle his!!!
    Everybody knows Diana doesn't care about her Wonder Girls...