Lightbulb Year of the Hero: The Gift

You are a Lex Luthor of the Multiverse. You have just heard about Earth-0 Lex's grand Year of the Villain scheme to use all his resources to give every villain that's willing an upgrade of tech or new abilities and you are horrified. So, being the good guy you are, you decide to do the reverse; you give out gifts to minor and/or any willing heroes. who do you pick? how do you give them a boost? technology, magic artifact, new superpower, new organization to lead; you're resources and the possibilities are limited only by your imagination. only caviates, try to avoid repeat characters and characters that are pretty powerful and don't really need the power boost.

I got a couple but I'll wait until I see what yall got.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-13-2019 at 09:20 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Let's see.....

Tim Drake - Enhanced senses to complement his excellent detective skills
    Batman - Emotional healing/repaired psyche
    Superman - A magical one-time use artifact that will restore his secret identity
    Blue Devil - The ability to transform back to human for 24 hours once every 14 days so he can go to church

JSA, Max Mercury, Nightwing, Wally West, Donna Troy, Starfire, Arsenal, Ma & Pa Kent - Reset to their best selves/roles/lives/status with permanent immunity to the destructive power of Didio and his fellow travelers

I know, the last line is a cheat. Not sorry one bit!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Nightwing would get a lifetime supply of the Bat Editorial Repellent.

Huntress - superhuman senses so that she can track people.

Amazing Man - the ability to store materials in his system so that he doesn't have to be in direct contact with something to turn into it.

Phantom Girl - pump up her stealth capabilities so that in addition to phasing, give her invisibility, (sorry, Invisible Kid) and teleportation.

Crimebuster - invulnerability. Give him a bump to make him practically unkillable.

Roy Harper - His meta gene is finally unlocked granting him powers similar to Vandal and Scandal Savage whom he is related to. He also is granted special armor that forms melee weapons out of hard light.

Katana - Her sword can call upon the ghosts of past warrior owners to aid her in battle against demons.

Delilah Tyler - Invisibility or intangibility.

Yolanda Montez - Can shift between jaguar form or jaguar-humanoid form.

Cynthia Reynolds - her power is changed to intangibility.

Nubia - Granted mystical armor that she can summon.

Akila of the Bana-Mighdall - learns magic revolving around moon and sun.

Sigrid Nansen (Icemaiden) - Her ice abilities are enhanced allowing her to perform feats like reducing temperatures to absolute zero.

Connor Hawke - supernatural martial arts abilities that enhance his archery and hand-to-hand combat skills making him on par with Cass Cain, Lady Shiva and Deathstroke.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-15-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    You are a Lex Luthor of the Multiverse. You have just heard about Earth-0 Lex's grand Year of the Villain scheme to use all his resources to give every villain that's willing an upgrade of tech or new abilities and you are horrified. So, being the good guy you are, you decide to do the reverse; you give out gifts to minor and/or any willing heroes. who do you pick? how do you give them a boost? technology, magic artifact, new superpower, new organization to lead; you're resources and the possibilities are limited only by your imagination. only caviates, try to avoid repeat characters and characters that are pretty powerful and don't really need the power boost.

I got a couple but I'll wait until I see what yall got.
    Can we bring in heroes from other universes like say Artemis Crock from YJ animated?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

What an awesome and creative idea for a thread!

Unfortunately, I only have one character in mind.

Steel (John Henry Irons) - "The Forge": an orbital space station built using 10th generation Kryptonian crystal tech. And also a list of Earth's brightest young minds (from Atlantiens to Amazons to humans and so on). "Forge" being a double meaning for Doc Irons crafting bleeding edge tech, and also shaping the young minds of tomorrow.

John Henry works so well when you put him in a high concept situation and he's still trying to assure you that he's just a blue collar guy. And he also works great when he's raising and shaping young people. You mix those two and throw in the mythic undertones Morrison gave him in JLA, and I think he's got new life as a character.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can we bring in heroes from other universes like say Artemis Crock from YJ animated?
    hmmm I had Earth-0 characters in mind BUT if you can come up with a creative way to make it work in the context of Earth-0 and the Gifts then go crazy
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I almost forgot i made this thread!

let's see:

Wallace West - I've been thinking about this one a lot, I would give Wallace access to the Strength force that works in conjunction with his Speedforce powers. giving him the strength force let's him manipulate his gravity and then using his natural talent for producing electrical Speedforce discharge to create thrust, we can make it so that he may be the slowest speedster on land but he's one of the fastest when flying (still below Wally and Barry but in the ballpark). we don't see too many flying speedsters, mainly running, so that could be Wallace's niche, maybe even take a new name one day like The Floating Man or Force Flash. I'm thinking like Lightray meets Shinra from Fire Force with a Flash/speedster twist.

Kaldur'ahm Hyde - I saw someone suggest he take over N.E.M.O similar to his father but he'd use it for good, I love that idea! I would also give him a variation on his YJ Aquaman suit but in black with the green and orange as highlights, and a Manta symbol as opposed to the Aquaman/Atlantis "A" as his belt buckle. N.E.M.O could be like Aquaman's adventurer strike team or black ops division, recovering lost Atlantis artifacts and protecting Amnesty Bay and Atlantis from more covert threats.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-06-2020 at 12:53 PM.

currently following:

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I almost forgot i made this thread!

let's see:

Wallace West - I've been thinking about this one a lot, I would give Wallace access to the Strength force that works in conjunction with his Speedforce powers. giving him the strength force let's him manipulate his gravity and then using his natural talent for producing electrical Speedforce discharge to create thrust, we can make it so that he may be the slowest speedster on land but he's one of the fastest when flying (still below Wally and Barry but in the ballpark). we don't see too many flying speedsters, mainly running, so that could be Wallace's niche, maybe even take a new name one day like The Floating Man or Force Flash. I'm thinking like Lightray meets Shinra from Fire Force with a Flash/speedster twist.
    I think they were doing something like this with Jai West before Flashpoint. He got super strong instead of fast like his sister and father. Your point about having him manipulate it into speed is interesting and the only real roadblock I see there is that Superman (or occasionally Supergirl) is usually DC's fastest flier, if not outright Lightray, given to the Man of Steel as a consolation prize when Barry rolled around and they had to eventually concede that The Flash should be the Fastest Man Alive. Still, Jai was going more generic Hulk powerset at the time, so there's no reason Wallace can't tap into the strength force.

What about using him more as a battery? He is generally on the slower end of speedsters, but he's charging (for lack of a better term) when not using it, thus giving him a pretty significant boost for a short time when he does turn on the juice. Probably matching peak Wally for a brief moment, and eventually he starts learning to use that in other ways (acting as a reservoir for other speedsters should they need a boost without actually affecting Wallace, or transferring a jolt of his kinetic energy to other speedsters suddenly to overload them and make them trip over themselves at the sudden shift).

You're definitely on to something with adding a trick to Wallace instead of just trying to slot him into an already sliding scale of "fast" to "real fast," and if well-defined, will probably let him carve out his own niche away from the power scaling battles that befit anyone entering the primary mantle.