Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And this disproves my point, how?
    The word "marital" is broader than your limited interpretation of it. In the clip with Superwoman Diana uses her skill with her lasso as a weapon to draw her opponent into the kick, elbow and headlock that defeats her. That's the art of war so it's a martial art.

Fantastic Member

The point is that Diana uses it more like a whip than a lasso, and it aint fancy enough and stylistic enough...except for a few instances...I agree with the white house thing...yes and her Tiara with the lasso will maek an excellent rope dart

Fantastic Member

thank you, I'm glad at least someone is seeing what I'm seeing..a piece of the lasso portruding from both parts of her looks so ugly...its like holding a baseball bat not on the base of the bat..yes it's too late to complain but DC take points from you animation department.

Fantastic Member

WW throws her lasso in this animation pretty well, as well as the one with Barda...nothing close in the movie impresses me else so far but we'll see when the movie comes out.

Incredible Member

As mentioned, there have been some good uses of the lasso in animation.

And although I recognise that it wouldn't fit the "tone" of the big screen Wonder Woman movies, I'd love to see something similar to the fight scene in Atomic Blonde (with Charlize Theron) where she uses a garden hose as a weapon. Even something as simple as seeing Diana wrap the lasso around one of her forearms to use defensively or offensively would be good.

And of course, where possible, practical stunts are preferred. It may be a magical lasso, but the CGI version just didn't have enough ... weight (?) to it (at least in the first film).

Fantastic Member

I myself am a ropedart practiced, and I think it’s pretty cool, I’m much more grounded in terms of techniques, because there’s another end to the ropedart spectrum where people are more about finding a flow to it, like a circus thing, so they do more fancy things with it but it really is a weapon at the end.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5lR_CnI...id=qeboe72qvd4[/QUOTE]

That's really good Enish...surely in the end, it's how it looks that counts. In the first movie, lasso was okay. With these technique and some of the stuff I have seen in animation, they can't go wrong...add telephathic control of the lasso and it's a done deal. They can make that lasso stand out like a lightsaber that is malleable..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    This is not bad as a base...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IPl2tFNihc
    They could simply look at stuff like Ivy in Soul Calibur 2 and Soul Calibur IV