Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...ck-dc-rebirth/
    We might not need to worry about the current state of the Multiverse much longer
    Is there any way for Superboy Prime and the Batman Who Laughs to just kill each other for good and real and never pop up again in any comic-verse?

Unfortunately, if that happens, a new universe where they are both best buddies will be born.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

I expect them to abandon the 52 multiverse for something new that includes remaining earths with the ones created in DDC12.

One infinte multiverse with no set patterns in naming, Earth 1985, Earth 5G Later on, Earth 3B3 for example.

If they do that, I won't mind. It's what I was mentioning right near the beginning of this thread when I defended Hypertime, the name that was given in the late 90s to a potentially infinite Multiverse that's dynamic (as in, worlds live, change, die, merge and split, making the actual composition of the Multiverse something that changes).

If they decide to ditch Morrison's Orrery structure, I won't mind one bit; as versatile as it is, it's always struck me as being needlessly restrictive.

Conversely, a common misconception about Hypertime is that the births and deaths, splits and merges of worlds are random and spontaneous and happen constantly for no reason. That was never specified, and was merely assumed by readers who jumped to conclusions. When it was introduced, the expositor said that there are rules for Hypertime, both how it works and how you navigate it, but they're not something that he was going to get into right then; The Kingdom was merely about establishing the premise.

Convergence was a Hypertime concept, with each city that was brought to Telos being pulled out of a dead timeline (dead timelines being a Hypertime thing).

The Dark Multiverse is a Hypertime concept, with worlds being born and then dying if something isn't done to stabilize them. (Frankly, this is the one thing I'm going to miss about the Orrery, if it does indeed get destroyed: it provided a convenient explanation for what it would take for a Dark Multiverse world to stabilize — though if the current story arc ends with the cat majority of the Dark Multiverse stabilizing without endangering the already stable worlds, so much the better.)

And Doomsday Clock's Metaversal Earths are a Hypertime concept, with changes to the Metaverse causing it to split off new worlds such as Earth-2 and Earth-1985.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I think a tread explaining what is exactly hypertime is needed. I thought I had undestand it but then not. For me, at least, it was a very meta concept: when an idea became popular (DKR, Kingdom COME), it starts to influence the main line of comics and concepts from those stories migrate to the main titles, as concepts. But the concept inside the universe is more blurry.

It is almost like the tao: when you think you have understood, then you haven't understood.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Morrison already explained Hypertime. Waid expanded on it.

I am thinking more of just infinite multiverse. But alive and growing....

Yep; that's Hypertime. If you think I'm mistaken, please specify precisely what distinguishes it from Hypertime; because so far I haven't seen you justify any of your claims.
    Rogue wears rouge.

BANNED

I have justified and so have the books.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Hypertime

Plus Didio won't use Hypertime and hates it. We are going back to the old vibrate to another Earth to get there.

That article isn't entirely accurate. For instance, it doesn't mention the revelation in Guide to the Multiverse that Hypertime is the medium in which the Multiverse in general (and the Orrery of Worlds in particular) exists. Note also that Multiversity also kept the “vibrate to another Earth to get there” right alongside the various Earths being different Hypertimelines.
    Rogue wears rouge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    That article isn't entirely accurate. For instance, it doesn't mention the revelation in Guide to the Multiverse that Hypertime is the medium in which the Multiverse in general (and the Orrery of Worlds in particular) exists. Note also that Multiversity also kept the “vibrate to another Earth to get there” right alongside the various Earths being different Hypertimelines.
    Hypertime gets solidified into Earths but not all of them.

Dark Wally if he stayed too long in the main reality , he would cause overriding crashes.

It was also mentioned that in recent books hypertime is now cut off from influencing the main Earth and broken and dying off in the books.