10 37.04%
  • Solid C - 2019 was a typical year for Supes

3 11.11%
  • Solid D - 2019 was a bad year for Supes

10 37.04%
  • Solid F - 2019 was one of Supes' worst years ever

4 14.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd give it a D. It's broken a lot of things that were working quite well before Bendis came along, to the point that someone's going to have to clean this mess up yet again before all is said and done.

Superman has been a roller coaster for a long time now. New 52 was bad, Rebirth righted the ship, now Bendis is taking it downhill again. It's exhausting, not fun. I have dropped both books for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis has been bad news for Jon (teen Jon just isn't the same at all), but good news for Conner (rescued from a reboot induced limbo), Lois, and Jimmy (who got their own books) as well as Kara (whose book had been cancelled before Bendis came along - it was brought back but retooled to tie-in to the Superman storyline). And a new TV show got announced as well. Overall, it's a win.
    I don't know how much credit I wanna give to Bendis for bringing back Conner. It seemed like he was already on his way back before Bendis took over.

Perhaps, I dunno. I still wonder why Rebirth even erased him outright in the first place. But then again the stuff going on with Tim had hinting about him. So who knows what they were thinking. I do think, if not in specific at least in relation to wanting to do YJ, Bendis' arrival hastened his coming back to the canvas.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Pretty mediocre, which is common for superman. A C (or better; a C-).

Entertainment Weekly magazine has awarded their "Superhero of the Year 2019" title to ... Superman!

To be fair, while I don't rely on EW as an authoritative source for anything comic-booky, I do value their takes on general American pop culture. So this IS something.

The article does succinctly list why 2019 was actually a good year for Clark. I hold by my B grade.