Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    This entire premise seems to have REALLY gotten under the skin of some, and I say... GOOD!

You did notice I said I was not buying the books right? All that "any press is good press" notion is a product of a by gone era. These days bad press is bad press period.

BANNED

To you. Not to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Mystique betrays everyone she ever came in contact with, except Irene. She needs to go in the Apocalypse / Selene camp. Lol
    For once, Chuck and Mags betrayed her before she betrayed them. Things will get ugly when she discovers it.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Dying and poping back up within a day makes 'absolving them of their crimes' dubious at best. And the mutant collective just deciding human laws and morals is pretty weak justification for breaking bread with genocidal mass murderers and serial killers. Reminds me of 'sovereign citizens' I have to deal with down at municipal court
    Can't hold a clone accountable for being a copy.

Laws are social constructs. The mutants decided not to be beholden to some of them.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Can't hold a clone accountable for being a copy.

Laws are social constructs. The mutants decided not to be beholden to some of them.
    Doesn't that set a very bad presitant though? If mutants can just say we are above human laws doesn't that also mean that humans do not have to afford any mutant caught outside Krakoa any rights at all? They would all be labeled as members of an outlaw nation.

"You're laws don't apply to us!"

"Does that include the laws that say I can't kill you?"

"Wait, what?"

"Or how about the laws saying we can't eat you? If you aren't human, does eating you count as cannibalism?"

"I don't like this conversation."

"I bet Nightcrawler is delicious. I won't eat Logan though. I'm afraid he'll regenerate in my stomach."

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Doesn't that set a very bad presitant though? If mutants can just say we are above human laws doesn't that also mean that humans do not have to afford any mutant caught outside Krakoa any rights at all? They would all be labeled as members of an outlaw nation.
    Since when has that ever not been the case?

BANNED

Right now the only mutant who seems openly against Krakoa is Pete Wisdom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Wolverine showed doubts about the villains on Krakoa:

The main reason villains are also there it's because Krakoa is a sovereign mutant nation, so every mutant have a place there and get citizenship. Sabretooth's case is a good example, he committed some crime and they didn't let the human court judge him, they took him to Krakoa and they punished him themselves. The point is that mutants are the mutants' responsibility from now on, not the humans'. They're not going to let humans make decisions over mutants or treat them as subordinate to humans under human laws anymore, but their equals as a separate nation. The emphasis is on unity, mutants working together, building the nation together, but the x-men keep an eye on the villains too at the same time. Now villains got a chance to work with the x-men for the mutant cause, and be a part of something that is beneficial for all of them. They got amnesty for their former crimes, but if they don't play by the rules, they will get punished. It's not a complete forgiveness of villains, it's about new chances and integrating them. There is a law that applies for them too and it was said before that it wouldn't help the new nation if mutant villains were roaming around outside of Krakoa causing trouble for humans either. Yes, there are still real villains, they're coming from the humans who want to destroy Krakoa and don't want this mutant unity. It's bigger than X-Men and their villains, it's humans vs mutants on a whole new level.
    I have a prediction for you Krakoa will fall by a war between the mutants themselves. I mean marvel will reset this to the statu quo and making humans destroy krakoa would piss the X-fans even more against the rest of the Marvel Universe. So the only way to do it is mutants destroying their own paradise.

I think they will have human enemies but the definitive fall of Krakoa has to be at the hands of mutants. that is the definitive destruction of Xavier and Magneto Dream of a society of mutants.

BANNED

Heroes and villains are a thing of the past. There’s only mutants vs humans now.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

We’re still in the early stages. I assume they’ll address any self-haters or traitors eventually, but for now, it makes sense that all the series only focus on the heroic, the brave and those that truly believe in Mutants being free and equal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Mystique betrays everyone she ever came in contact with, except Irene. She needs to go in the Apocalypse / Selene camp. Lol
    She’s so romantic. I can’t wait until they’re reunited.

BANNED

Depends on how you mean it.

As far as being against the general idea of what the island is supposed to be? No.

But there have been notes of unsettlement amongst a few characters, Kwannon and Laura namely, with according to an interview with Percy, a look into that from Logan in his upcoming solo. Though he seems ok-ish with the general set-up, he's not 100% satisfied, nor does he buy in to the rhetoric being touted by Magneto and reprimands characters who speak as such (Quire.)

Emma also voiced a doubt in HOX/POX, but that was more her drawing on her experiences in Utopia--i.e, making themselves a large target for bombing/terror/ect. Same as Mystique.

Other than that, though, we haven't really been given much more insight into why we should trust this direction than it being stated that Krakoa is a place of safety for mutants. Apocalypse has stated that 'this is all he ever wanted' (paraphrased) so far as mutants asserting themselves, or seeking domination, your mileage may vary on that interpretation of the text, while Xavier seems to think that blanket-animosity is the way to go. Other than a few voices of dissent and distrust from Gambit and Jubilee regarding their former adversaries, however, no there's not been much in the way of opposition from within the mutant ranks.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I think they will have human enemies but the definitive fall of Krakoa has to be at the hands of mutants. that is the definitive destruction of Xavier and Magneto Dream of a society of mutants.
    Not under Hickman's oversight, they won't. That was his ironclad guarantee. Bad case is that he stays on the line as long as Slott on "Spider-Man" or longer. Worst case for you, he shoots for a Claremont-long X-tenure.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    We’re still in the early stages. I assume they’ll address any self-haters or traitors eventually, but for now, it makes sense that all the series only focus on the heroic, the brave and those that truly believe in Mutants being free and equal.
    Are you reading X-force, Marauders or Exaclibur? Because all that series have characters ideaologies about how the mutants are supreme and should take over the world at the first chance. In the X-force preview at least three members of the Council wanted to begin a killing spree against humanity. That means a quarter of the goverment.
    In Excalibur a representative of the goverment of Krakoa is plotting to conquer other dimensions .
    And in Marauders another representative of the goverment of Krakoa stealing money to the state and plotting to take over the most important Krakoan company.
    The corruption of Krakoa is already spreading