Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Reddit, all I read is that DoX has loose all the things that make people invested in HoX/PoX.
    Reddit X-Men community shouldn't be considered a good sample for evaluating bad rates. It's not that big or active of a community (I've noticed that its feed has intensified since Hickman btw) and also I've read both bad reviews and a lot of good ones.

Hickman is still holding and keeping up the hype. Now while I'm loving this status quo I have to admit that if he plans on doing 12 issues of one shots for X-Men then people might start getting tired of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand? Can you explain that a bit better?
    Why do you think Krakoa came to be? In story, what do you think has motivated Xavier & Magneto (by way of Machiavellian Moira X, mind you), to do what they have done?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Why do you think Krakoa came to be? In story, what do you think has motivated Xavier & Magneto (by way of Machiavellian Moira X, mind you), to do what they have done?
    A need for safety for mutants based on the murderous attitudes of extremists, similar to the mansion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    A need for safety for mutants based on the murderous attitudes of extremists, similar to the mansion.
    Well, yes, in a broad sense. I guess my point is, that Mutants are FINALLY applying to themselves, the same standards that human society ALWAYS has, currently still is, and as PoX showed us... will continue to, far into the future. After eXperiencing her apocalyptic 9th (and perhaps final) life, Moira X is supremely devastated, left almost completely hopeless, and at the point of being BEYOND desperate. This has led her to orchestrate events the way she has for HoX & DoX, and to achieve the goals she has now deemed necessary, in order to stave off a foreboding, inevitable... Mutants always lose, no matter what, predetermined destiny. Keeping that conteXt in mind for this particular story, is key to understanding not only what is going on, but more importantly... why, it is.

Reddit, all I read is that DoX has loose all the things that make people invested in HoX/PoX.
    Reddit? Seriously?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman has a plan B to reset things if sales go wrong.
    That is not what he said.

Spectacular Member

The new status quo is started just 3 months ago and all the critics read like it’s going on from years without addressing key issues...it’s just because you don’t like it, so you focus on the negative aspects and expect the stories being about explaining the things you are convinced of, it’s a bit too self-entitled imho. In a healthy world people that don’t like something don’t buy it, they don’t keep buying it to be disappointed focus on what they don’t appreciate and expect that who creates the product will act as they are the center of the world.

Moira's whole stupid schtick doesn't work at all. Its a terrible justification for what's going on. For starters, its the same "we must prevent the bad future" junk the X-men have been repeating ad nausum. Second, she did the most extreme options for most of her lives. And we don't see what exactly went wrong with them other than broad strokes.

Its the same plot from Madoka Magica and Edge of Tomorrow, except those stories allowed there to be hundreds, if not thousands, of repeats. Because Moira is limited to 9 so far, we don't really see anything that would justify Krakoa, specifically, or why Krakoa is 'the only way'.

On top of that, we've seen plenty of good alternate futures that show that Moira is just flat out wrong about her conclusions.

honestly I dont see this plot lasting more than 2 years or three.
    I agree. Enjoy it while it lasts because it won't last forever. In fact, this is likely his Marvel swansong, as it was the last thing on his bucket list and he'll probably go to DC, either on Justice League, Titans, or Legion of Super Heroes (I'm sure Bendis's run on that won't last more than two or three years either).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I agree. Enjoy it while it lasts because it won't last forever. In fact, this is likely his Marvel swansong, as it was the last thing on his bucket list and he'll probably go to DC, either on Justice League, Titans, or Legion of Super Heroes.
    Well whatever he does, he better leave Batgirl tf alone. =/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Moira's whole stupid schtick doesn't work at all. Its a terrible justification for what's going on. For starters, its the same "we must prevent the bad future" junk the X-men have been repeating ad nausum. Second, she did the most extreme options for most of her lives. And we don't see what exactly went wrong with them other than broad strokes.

Its the same plot from Madoka Magica and Edge of Tomorrow, except those stories allowed there to be hundreds, if not thousands, of repeats. Because Moira is limited to 9 so far, we don't really see anything that would justify Krakoa, specifically, or why Krakoa is 'the only way'.

On top of that, we've seen plenty of good alternate futures that show that Moira is just flat out wrong about her conclusions.
    I honestly don't even think they needed to get that convoluted with it to be honest?

Like, bad future or not, the state of affairs that Uncanny left them in would surely make anyone step back and say "Ok, we need somewhere safe where we can properly start to work on an alternate approach" and take it from there. Like, take it that organically; have HOX/POX set-up figuring out how Krakoa works and offering glimpses into Xavier wanting to compromise or adjust his vision enough for overall unity. There really didn't need to be that much of a show beyond the telepathic message...and even then I've got issues with Xavier totally decrying his vision as a lie. In need of adjustment, perhaps, but not a lie, nor 'wrong' as Moira tried to state. That's what really stops me being 100% endeared to the idea, to be honest.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Its the same plot from Madoka Magica and Edge of Tomorrow, except those stories allowed there to be hundreds, if not thousands, of repeats.
    Haha, I'm not the only one who reached that comparison. THANK YOU! It's on my signature after all.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I agree. Enjoy it while it lasts because it won't last forever. In fact, this is likely his Marvel swansong, as it was the last thing on his bucket list and he'll probably go to DC, either on Justice League, Titans, or Legion of Super Heroes (I'm sure Bendis's run on that won't last more than two or three years either).
    he already tried DC before and it didn't worked out. Some people think that they are using part of his pitch on legion, it is similar to hoxpox

9 lives are really limited, as timelines change for many small reasons. We don't know what happened to the future where she died before meeting Xavier.
    I think moira observer effect change a lot of these futures for worse.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-15-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    9 lives are really limited, as timelines change for many small reasons. We don't know what happened to the future where she died before meeting Xavier.
    I think moira observer effect change a lot of these futures for worse.
    Nothing happened. The world resets after Moira gets killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Nothing happened. The world resets after Moira gets killed.
    Difficult to say… her lifes could be limited like a cat.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe